Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

L
Beginner January 2019

Polaroid Guestbook

Linola83, 4 of October of 2018 at 22:48 Posted on Planning 0 6

Hi Ladies!

My big day is getting closer now super-fast! Although I can't wait for it, it is a bit scary how fast time flies.

Anyway, does anyone have experience with Polaroid or Instax cameras? My H2B and I are thinking of putting an instant camera next to our guestbook, so peeps can stick a selfie in the book. Anyone did this? How'd that gone down with guests?

We're not sure where to get the instant camera from, we found http://yoursnap.com/, but the films are awefully expensive there... We also came across https://instahamper.co.uk, but can't find many reviews, does anyone have any experience with them? Or do you have any other recommendations?

Thank you already so much!

Linola!

6 replies

Latest activity by Ash189T, 27 of October of 2018 at 07:35
  • Paula @ Ollievision
    Paula @ Ollievision ·
    • Hide content

It's a very expensive way of getting low quality photos! For what you'd pay you might as well book a photo booth that does a guest book option. Many have an add-on service where they print 2 of each photo. One for the guest and the other for the book.

• P
    Curious
    pritsticandpompoms ·
    • Hide content

I've notcied quite a few instant cameras for sale on local wedding facebook selling pages so you might find some there. Kind of agree that the photos aren't always great but think the fun had taking them outweighs this!

• Nathalie@ButtercupBus_Campervan_Weddings
    Nathalie@ButtercupBus_Campervan_Weddings ·
    • Hide content

It might be worth making sure that you nominate someone to keep an eye on the station over the course of the evening, to make sure that everything is working, print media has not run out, batteries are not flat, glue and pens have not gone missing etc. ?

• R
    Beginner February 2019
    RomanticGoldFlowers34824 ·
    • Hide content

I will also be dong the polaroid camera for my wedding reception in 3 months time... (eeek!!!) I bought my polaroid camera on ebay second hand, average price seems to be around £40... yes the films are very expensive too. I found an ebay seller that sales 2 x 10 sheets for around £10 which isn't too bad, agree with the other comments for nominating someone to keep an eye on the station. Ive already had comments from a guest wanting to help themselves to polariods to take home - but they are so expensive I hope they just use the camera for what its intended for... (hope im not coming across to 'Bridezilla' like !)

for the guest book to stick them in, I highly recommend taking a look at paper chase online as they have a really good sale on wedding stationary at the moment.

I have ordered a 'snap it, stick it, leave a message' sign from ebay (around £5) then bought a mini easel from The Works (£2) for the sign to sit on

Hope this helps! x

• H
    Beginner September 2019
    HappyPinkStationery18205 ·
    • Hide content

We’re hoping to do this too! Love the idea of guests being able to take snapshots/selfie’s to include within the guestbook.

Would love to know where you end up getting the camera from! We had looked at instahamper too but are also considering just buying the camera outright as I would quite like one anyway! I might have a little look on EBay too!

Liane.

• Sopho
    Beginner April 2019
    Sopho ·
    • Hide content

I just bought a Polaroid Snap camera from Aldi on specialbuy for £59.99 (instore). The paper is currently £12.99 for 30 sheets on Amazon so I might have to start stocking up soon. We're going to use this in a DIY photobooth. I'll probably buy 10 packs for 300 photos, not sure they'll all get used but good thing is I'll still use the camera afterwards. So in total it'll have cost around £160 compared to £325-350 for the photobooth I was looking at.

A friend luckily has a photography backdrop so we can set it up around that, put a few props in a basket, and just have someone keeping an eye on it to make sure people (most likely my goddaughter) aren't taking the piss using up all the photos. The thing I like about this camera is you can insert a micro SD card, and all the photos will be saved onto that, so people can take home a physical copy if they want to and then we can still have copies to print out ourselves.

• A
    Beginner January 2019
    Ash189T ·
    • Hide content

Hi, I love this idea and plan on doing it as well, my friend had one and it went down well. I have seen the instal on Argos for about £75 and the films they have good offers on eBay. Also looking at a flower wall backdrop, good idea for the stick it sign ?

Xx

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics