Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

S
Beginner May 2017

Mallorca Wedding - wedding planner? Son Marroig

SunnyYellowDiamonds439, 7 of October of 2015 at 16:01 Posted on Honeymoons & Getting Married Abroad 0 10

Hi, I have my heart set on getting married at Son Marroig Mallorca.

I haven't been to view it yet, and have just booked the flights to go out there and have a look.

We will also look at C'as Xorc as this also looks stunning.

We have decided to have a wedding planner if we get married at son marroig as the venue will need to be decorated and filled out with tables etc.

Can anyone advise who to use/not use?

Also will be great if you had any feedback of weddings at these venues Smiley smile

10 replies

Latest activity by Sheree, 5 of January of 2024 at 22:13
  • V
    Beginner July 2016
    VivRiquez ·
    • Hide content

Hi there,

I am getting married in Son Marroig next July - I have only booked the venue so really need to organise the rest of the important items. So far I am not using a wedding planner, but any advices you uncover as you plan - I would be really grateful to hear more. One of the big costs I was not anticipating to be so expensive is decoration for Son Marroig - there is no furniture at all so you need to hire chairs/lounge area furniture etc. Some catering companies offer this but not all and its proving tricky to get sorted.

Good luck!

Viv

• M
    Beginner August 2015
    MrKeefe310815 ·
    • Hide content

Hi Viv,

A post I did last month might help you.

https://www.hitched.co.uk/chat/forums/t/513845.aspx

Good luck.

Adam

• S
    Beginner May 2017
    SunnyYellowDiamonds439 ·
    • Hide content

VivRiquez - thank you for the reply.

Have you booked any decorators caterers yet?
    Really I want to research the caterers and other bits myself, as I like having my own stamp on things, but was mainly thinking of having a wedding planner just to set up the decorations and make sure everything else runs smoothly on the day so I haven't got to worry.

But on the other hand they dont do the ceremony until 6pm, so I have all day to sort things out. Guess I have to weigh up if it is worth the money for what I'm getting.

I probably won’t decide anything until we go out there in April, but will let you know if I do.

MrKeefe - Wow that was some blog and I am so grateful you done it!

I love the part about the Celebrant who done the mock certificate, I didnt even know where to start looking for someone to do that part, so thank you.
    Also will be contacting the photographer, her stuff looks amazing, did she arrange the videographer as well?
    And will definitely be looking into the cake company.

In regards to decorations, that is a lot, but I am guessing that included you meeting them to see how you wanted it decorated, and them then doing it on the day?

Thanks again for all the information!
    Sam

• V
    Beginner July 2016
    VivRiquez ·
    • Hide content

Hi there,

Thank you Adam - your post was really helpful, unfortunately I am not working to that sort of budget!

I am looking at Marc Fosh for catering and Tot a Punt for catering and decoration. The cost of decorating the venue is acutally so expensive, I couldn't believe as you aren't buying the furniture! Marc Fosh food is actually incredible, I went to a tasting and it was delicious. But Tot A Punt are excellent in providing all-around service, so I am very torn at the moment.

The other companies I have contacted for decoration include Something Borrowed and Ars Festum.

I am not getting married until 6pm either so my mum and I are going to do the flowers ourselves, but I don't want to be running around too much I guess - so that you can enjoy the day.

Would love to hear how you get on / what your thoughts are and what companies you come across!

Viv

• M
    Beginner August 2015
    MrKeefe310815 ·
    • Hide content

Hi Sam,

Yes Aimee sorted out the videographer for us as well. It was all very reasonably priced. We have had our photos now and they are amazing. We have not yet had the video but they take around 3 months to edit. I work in this area and so was expecting a wait as video editing takes a lot longer than photo editing.

Yes the cost for the decorations included everything, meeting us and going round the venue, updating the quote a gazillion times as we constantly changed our minds, flowers and decorations etc. We also had two sets of chairs included and lots of outdoor furniture too.

Also we had quite a few things that we wanted to do ourselves such as gifts and wedding favours which we took out there with us along with table plans and between the venue and Ars Festum with gave them everything, told them what we wanted done and they took care of all those bits on the day too.

By the way, we had our ceremony at 17.15 and Allie left the villa to get to the venue at 16.45. However the hair and makeup on the day for her and the four bridesmaids took up most the day, along with getting the dresses on. She said the heat was the biggest hinderance as it was about 34 degrees on the day and so rushing around was just not possible. They started at 10am and they were still 15 minutes late to the ceremony, so even if you are expecting to do loads outside of that on the day, I would suggest getting up at the crack of dawn although in reality it is your wedding day so you don't want to be stressing if you can help it. I would put your trust in someone like Ars Festum and/or the venue or worse case get a wedding planner.

Good luck. Feel free to give me shout if you have any more questions.

Adam

• M
    Beginner August 2015
    MrKeefe310815 ·
    • Hide content

Hi Viv,

Our budget was nowhere near that big to begin with. We probably budgeted half of that. Things kind of just spiralled out of control and it was only when we started adding things up did I realise how much we had committed to spending. Although I am guessing that if you are thinking of using Marc Fosh then your budget must be fairly sizeable. I guess you have been to Simply Fosh at some point then. We went there earlier in the year and whilst I quite enjoyed it there were a lot of things that didn't appeal to Allie as she is a bit more fussy and has never been a fan of the tasting menu, unlike myself. Still my favourite tasting menu of all time was at Helene Darroze at the Connaught, but that is for another website!

As for Tot A Punt, I haven't come across them as they are caterers and Cap Rocat did all the catering for us. However, whilst the food was amazing at Cap Rocat, the service was also excellent and the guests really noticed. When there is so much going on service has to be excellent in order to help with the smooth running of the day, so definitely do not overlook that aspect.

FYI we contacted Mallorca moments, Isla Mallorca and Ars Festum and decided on Ars Festum in the end. The pricing was similar all round but it just seemed like Ars Festum had more experience and knew the venue better, which was important to us.

Also as I just replied to Sam in this thread, you don't want to do too much on the day as you will need to get ready and July is hot so you won't want to rush that. Allie and the bridesmaids took about 7-8 hours in total, which by all accounts in Mallorca is standard at that time of year. So doing your own flowers could be ambitious. You would be better off getting someone like Ars Festum to do the flowers for you if the budget will stretch that far.

Adam

• S
    Beginner May 2017
    SunnyYellowDiamonds439 ·
    • Hide content

Hi Viv,

Quick question, how did you book the venue? And did you pay the full amount or just a deposit?

Looking into things, I am contemplating not having a wedding planner, as found a caterer which provides the tables, table cloths etc. So will just Hire a company for the decorations.

Also, how far ahead did you book the venue?

Thanks Smiley laugh

• H
    Beginner June 2018
    HappyPinkStationery594 ·
    • Hide content

Hi Viv,

Sorry to contact you so far on after your wedding. I just stumbled across your post and i wanted to get in touch as i am getting married at Son Marroig in August 2017. I just wanted to get your feedback on the venue and ask if there was anything you done that you would recommend or advise not to do?

I'm concerned that the venue is not air conditioned and it's obviously peak summer when we get married. although it will be evening when we go inside, i wondered if it was conformable or did you hire in AC units etc?

any advice, suppliers etc that you can send my way, i would be very grateful. Thank you!

• E
    Beginner
    ExpensiveYellowStationery46146 ·
    • Hide content

Hi HappyPinkStationery594

ive just come across your post from last year. I have sent some emails enquiring about son marroig also for late august this year. I just wondered how you found it that time of year, too hot? or was it ok?

also if you don't mind me asking what your budget was and if you managed to stay within it? we don't have a massive budget so I don't know if I'm being unrealistic!

do you have any details on pricing from that time of year at all that you could share with me?

any advice id be really grateful!

Thank you!

• E
    Beginner
    ExpensiveYellowStationery46146 ·
    • Hide content

Hi HappyPinkStationery594

I came across your post and I'm also looking to get married late august next year (2019)

ive sent some emails enquiring about Son Marroig, and I wondered if you remember anything about pricing at all?

we don't have a massive budget so id like to know if we are being unrealistic!

also how did you find the weather at that time of year there? any info id be so grateful!

Thank you,

Georgia.

• S
    Beginner September 2025 Islas Baleares
    Sheree ·
    • Hide content
    Hi, I have my heart set on this venue. Does anyone know a reasonable wedding planner and also how much it cost you overall. I just want to check it is doable with my budget. Also does anyone know if you have to bring all alcohol in to the venue. I’m guessing there isn’t a bar. Any help would be much appreciated 😊

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics