Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

InkedDoll
VIP January 2015

What do you lot smell like?

InkedDoll, 27 of February of 2015 at 13:50 Posted on Off Topic Posts 0 42

I know there are often discussions about wedding perfume in WP, but what do you wear regularly or occasionally?

My everyday perfume has been Thierry Mugler Angel for YEARS. Last year I couldn't afford to replace it for ages cos of wedding stuff, then I got some for Xmas and it just doesn't smell the same as it used to. Maybe my hormones have changed or something? I'm just not feeling it anymore. So I'm on the lookout for something new.

42 replies

Latest activity by MrsShep, 4 of March of 2015 at 20:36
  • Ddpunk
    Beginner June 2018
    Ddpunk ·
    • Hide content

DKNY for me. Although OH bought me some Jimmy choo for my first bday with him and it's definitely grown on me.

• pammy67
    Beginner April 2015
    pammy67 ·
    • Hide content

Jean Paul Gaultier Classique is my signature but for Valentine's OH bought me some Issey Miyake L'eau D'Issey - and I love it! It's very different but because it's new I can smell it so much better than my JPG. I also like Kenzo Flower and Calvin Klein Euphoria and Obsession. The big problem with perfume is it smells so differently on different people Smiley sad

• Superhanka
    Beginner December 2014
    Superhanka ·
    • Hide content

Jo Malone, either blackberry & bay/peony & blush/blue agava & cacao depending on my mood or where I'm going.

• SillyWrong
    Beginner October 2014
    SillyWrong ·
    • Hide content

I used to love Angel but then found it a little sickly sweet. I moved on to Dior Hypnotic Poison, Gucci by Gucci (LOVE this one), Armani Diamonds ... they all have that smooth sweetish kind of smell.

Go in to a perfume shop and tell them the kinds of smells you like and they should be able to recommend some. Or just go in to boots and pick everything up.

Oh, I also bought my mother Boss Orange for chrimbo, it's gorgeous!

• InkedDoll
    VIP January 2015
    InkedDoll ·
    • Hide content

Yeah, I think I may have to commit myself to an hour smelling everything. It's always so warm in Boots though, I get irritated in there really quickly.

• MrsShep
    Beginner September 2014
    MrsShep ·
    • Hide content

Hehe, great thread name!

I mostly just smell like me coz I don't wear perfume everyday. It took us hours to find a wedding perfume we liked!! I went for lacoste touch of pink in the end but it is quite subtle. I've also got davidoff cool water wave, and I have angel too but I'm not sure about it. I've got quite a few perfumes actually, one of the diesel ones and the green apple one too, plus Calvin klein summer. Im desperate for davidoff night dive but have only found it at the airport, hoping H can get it when he goes away with work soon. Either that or I'm mad and never found it in the first place!

• Mrs Monkey
    Beginner July 2013
    Mrs Monkey ·
    • Hide content

I love this thread - I work on a perfume counter so I'm interested to see what people use.

At the moment I use -

Lacoste Eau De Sensuelle (probably my favourite)

Chanel Eau Fraiche

Escada Born In Paradise

Superdry Orange

The new 007 Woman is gorgeous and it lasts all day - but sadly I don't have one yet

• InkedDoll
    VIP January 2015
    InkedDoll ·
    • Hide content

A couple of years ago my H bought me some Fraggle Rock perfumes from the Black Alchemy Laboratory - I had Red and Uncle Travelling Matt. I do like having perfumes from small indie companies - one of the things about Angel is that you smell it on a LOT of people.

• Sam&Louise
    Beginner September 2015
    Sam&Louise ·
    • Hide content

I don't really wear perfume unless i'm going out out. When I do, i'll give myself a spray with whatever is going! I have Calvin Klein Eternity Moment in the car, but i'm not a massive fan of that.

Anais Anais is one of my favourites and that's all I'll usually buy- but I also love Armarni code (bought for the wedding)

I had samples for Lady Million and Aire loewe recently though and liked those a lot too.

• S
    Beginner December 2016
    sarah121 ·
    • Hide content

Marc Jacobs daisy for me. My favourite was Ralph lauren love, but they discontinued it! Smiley sad xxx

• HelenSomerset
    Beginner September 2014
    HelenSomerset ·
    • Hide content

When I go out, I either wear Euphoria Spring Temptation by Calvin Klein or Coco Mademoiselle by Chanel. Don't like anything too heavy.

• Sambarine
    Beginner May 2015
    Sambarine ·
    • Hide content

For everyday use, I wear Kenzo L'eau de parfum, which you can only find in duty free. Because I'm awkward like that. I love it tho, its very light & fresh, not floral or sweet which i don't like at all. For "fancy" I use Dior J'adore, and just got a bottle of Chloe Love Story which I've been using sparingly as its more expensive than i'd usually go, and i want to use it for the wedding.

• MadamRed
    Beginner April 2017
    MadamRed ·
    • Hide content

J-Lo: Glowing (the one with the light-up bottle ? )

Hugo Boss: Deep Red

• AuntieBJ
    Beginner September 2014
    AuntieBJ ·
    • Hide content

I'm another one who doesn't wear perfume unless I'm going out. My favourite though is Yves St Laurent 'Paris' which I first got in duty free 9 years ago and still love now.

Instead of Boots, if you find it too hot in there ID, try the larger department stores like Debenhams just for a spray to smell session - then just buy it in Boots if it's cheaper there ?

• M
    Beginner April 2016
    MrsRees2B ·
    • Hide content

I got a tester of one called BonBon can't remember who it's by but was very nice sweet though.

• Holey
    Beginner July 2011
    Holey ·
    • Hide content

I tend to rotate rather than just buying the same one.

I like:

Ysl -elle

Paul smith -I think it's just called woman. It smells peppery to me.

Diesel - loverdose

For day to day I tend to buy the ones from next. Less than a tenner a bottle and last ages

• alyj66
    VIP August 2014
    alyj66 ·
    • Hide content

I'm JPG and have the silver, pink, summer and the new gold one, all classique but with a twist. The gold one JPG Intense is amazing.

I'm a keen survey and sample queen so at the minute I'm trialing the new 007 for women and it's surprisingly lovely, high notes to start with and then settles into a musk based slightly sweet scent. I have some samples ID so if you want one I can send one, the only thing you'll have to do is fill in a quick questionnaire of what you thought. If you're interested pm me your address.

• pammy67
    Beginner April 2015
    pammy67 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Lol, yes I've gone through all the twists too and have loved them all. The distinctive JPG Classique overtones with new subtle undertones. Must try the new one. Sounds ace. I do like intense fragrances that linger Smiley smile I used to love Poison but never got on with Opium, found that a bit to overbearing.

• Chucklevision
    Beginner July 2015
    Chucklevision ·
    • Hide content

I love love love perfume & have a collection of about 30 or so I smell different every day - I go a bit mad in the duty free on when I go abroad.

I like Hugo ones particualry xx, boss orange, deep purple & deep red.

I like Marc Jacobs dot and miss Dior at the the moment too

• *Pugsley*
    Beginner March 2014
    *Pugsley* ·
    • Hide content

Jo Malone - Earl Grey and Cucumber

Jo Malone perfumes are my favourite as they tend to be a bit different & distinctive.

• *Pugsley*
    Beginner March 2014
    *Pugsley* ·
    • Hide content

My favourite one! Mines run out though so I need to get another one.

• Superhanka
    Beginner December 2014
    Superhanka ·
    • Hide content

It's always been my fave too, but peony & blush is giving it a run for its money. In fact, last week at work two male colleagues told me I smelt beautiful, both said very quietly out of earshot of others...in my workplace heaven forbid anyone gives compliements!

• pink & glitz
    Beginner August 2014
    pink & glitz ·
    • Hide content

It has to be Coco Chanel, Chance by Chanel or Knowings by Estee Lauder. They all smell divine x

• MadamRed
    Beginner April 2017
    MadamRed ·
    • Hide content

I love Chanel perfumes, but they never seem to smell right on me. My fave is Chanel No. 5, but on me it just smells of soap ☹️

• hellandglory
    Rockstar October 2019
    hellandglory ·
    • Hide content

At the moment i'm loving 'down town' by calvin klein and 'blossom' by jimmy choo

but day to day i wear 'secret wish' by anna sui or 'fame' by lady gaga

Though one of my all time faves is paul smith women - every time i smell it a load of memories come rushing back

• alyj66
    VIP August 2014
    alyj66 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

You'll definitely love Intense then

• Erin8
    Beginner June 2014
    Erin8 ·
    • Hide content

To work l normally wear Kate Moss Femme, Clinuque Happy or Cool Waters.

For for more special occasions its Chloe, Issy Miyake L'Eau d'Issey or Ghost Eclipse

• Nims
    Beginner July 2015
    Nims ·
    • Hide content

I've always worn She by Emporio Armarni, or Jena Paul Guiltier- the mens one! People always compliment me on it and are surprised when I say it's mens. I don't love floral or girlie scents at all.

HOWEVER. I am now newly addicted to Princess by Vera Wang which smells a bit like sweeties and has replaced 'She' as my all-time fave! I also wear Daisy by Mark Jacobs on a night out.

• Katscamel
    Katscamel ·
    • Hide content

Love Ellie Saab, and the Hugo Boss one I've just bought - can't remember the name of it though......in a white bottle. Like layering with the body lotions etc but not all have them Smiley sad

I also like Idylle by Guerlain

• *J9*
    VIP March 2014
    *J9* ·
    • Hide content

I wear Armani Elle/She pretty much every day. When I go out for an evening I wear Ghost - Deep Night. I have a few others that I'll wear occasionally but those are my main 2.

• Little Pixie
    Beginner September 2011
    Little Pixie ·
    • Hide content

Armani code and Marc Jacobs Dot in the week

Dolce by Dolce and Gabanna at weekends

Gucci Guilty on nights out.

Perfume whore

• Erin8
    Beginner June 2014
    Erin8 ·
    • Hide content

Oh and l sometimes wear Marc Jacobs Daisy but l have ran out at the moment ☹️

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics