Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Rod
Beginner

Feeling blue (BT ref)

Rod, 18 of June of 2013 at 09:04 Posted on Off Topic Posts 0 34

Cheer me up please Otters.

As most of you know H and I are hoping to start a family and sadly went through a miscarriage which was discovered at my 12 week scan. Three months ago today I was in hospital having an ERPC (Evacuation of retained products of conception).

We are now 10 months from when we decided to start trying. I was convinced this was our month so the arrival of my period yesterday has floored me. I feel completely depressed and sad and angry at the unfairness of it all. I should have been well over halfway through now and instead i've got crippling period pains and feel like i just want to curl up and cry for a week.

I'm really tired and feel crappy and just BLAH.

I dont need answers i just need to rant and i'm sorry to dump on you guys.

34 replies

Latest activity by loadsagifts, 19 of June of 2013 at 14:04
  • Flowmojo
    Beginner
    Flowmojo ·
    • Hide content

*hugs* Rodders. I can understand how you must be feeling, and theres ladies here who will know what you are going through but we are here, you know that. It will happen to you, you fel once before, youl fall again and itl be a healthy and happy pregnancy, promise.

Im saving a big fat squishy hug for you for a couple weeks time ?

• Tizzie
    Beginner June 2012
    Tizzie ·
    • Hide content

I don't have any advice Rod, just want to say its so cruel and unfair and in sending you massive hugs xxx

• AmnesiaCustard
    Beginner June 2011
    AmnesiaCustard ·
    • Hide content

I'm so sorry to hear you're feeling blue - but not surprising really. I'll hold you in my thoughts and prayers for a speedy and successful pregnancy next time round.

Otter-love x

• loadsagifts
    Beginner January 2012
    loadsagifts ·
    • Hide content

Huge hugs Rod, so sorry.

The only words I can offer to hopefully make you feel a bit better is a friend of mine decided she wanted a baby and it took a while longer than she expected. Just as she was about to consider IVF (she is in her mid 30's) she discovered she was pregnant.

It will happen for you and probably when you least expect it..........chin up hun xxx

• Rod
    Beginner
    Rod ·
    • Hide content

Thank you lovely ladies.

I'm normally very positive and upbeat and quite looking forward to the future, trying again etc but I cant drag myself out of this funk right now.

• Holey
    Beginner July 2011
    Holey ·
    • Hide content

Oh rodders sorry you're feeling so down. I can't offer any wise words I'm afraid but just know that you can offload here whenever you want. X

• loadsagifts
    Beginner January 2012
    loadsagifts ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Not suprising really. Have a good old cry if that helps....you will feel ok in a few days....having a period normally can make you a bit emotional and sad and you have every reason and right to feel as you do.

Tomorrow is a new day and hopefully you will start to feel more yourself again. And when the time is right and ready you will be on here announcing to us all that you are pregnant. Wish I could take away your pain, I hate when people are sad ☹️ xx

• Ali_G
    Beginner October 2012
    Ali_G ·
    • Hide content

?

• sal.san
    Beginner December 2011
    sal.san ·
    • Hide content

? ? ?

• Nutella
    Beginner March 2013
    Nutella ·
    • Hide content

Squishy hugs lovely x

• Pompey
    Beginner June 2012
    Pompey ·
    • Hide content

Oh Rod. I just want to squeeze you, life can be such a biatch at times. Love love.

• kharv
    Beginner March 2012
    kharv ·
    • Hide content

It's not surprising you're feeling blue and the fact that it's AF time won't be helping.

Sending loads of hugs. xxx

• Rod
    Beginner
    Rod ·
    • Hide content

Thank you all.

I really hate feeling like this Smiley sad

• Flowmojo
    Beginner
    Flowmojo ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

will the propspect of recieving your winning cakes cheer you up at all?

Hugs Missus?

• Rod
    Beginner
    Rod ·
    • Hide content

I love cake haha x

• Little Pixie
    Beginner September 2011
    Little Pixie ·
    • Hide content

This is most unlike you so it must be really getting to you today. Let it! You are entitled to have days when you embrace the unfairness of it all, don't think you have to fight it all the time. Life is mean and cruel sometimes and it's ok to feel blue over it.

Sending you a cuddle xxx

• Mrs_imp
    Beginner June 2012
    Mrs_imp ·
    • Hide content

How you're feeling is totally, totally normal. I wish I could make it better but I can offer a massive hug. I know how hard it is to feel loss, and just want to be pregnant again. It will happen you rod, I know it.xxx

• *Mini*
    Beginner January 2012
    *Mini* ·
    • Hide content

You are bound to have low days lovely. Don't be too hard in yourself.

• Mellow_Yellow
    Beginner May 2012
    Mellow_Yellow ·
    • Hide content

? Oh Rod, I really really feel for you. I can't even begin to imagine what you are going through, but I'm sure that it is completely normal to be feeling like this. I really hope things start to look up for you soon, x

• S
    Beginner October 2011
    SuperSpud ·
    • Hide content

?

• *Bea*
    Beginner October 2011
    *Bea* ·
    • Hide content

You are coping remarkably well don't let a down day throw you off track. You will be ok it will just take time, but for now we are here x

• clarehj
    Beginner April 2012
    clarehj ·
    • Hide content

So sorry to hear you are down - life can be very cruel sometimes .

xx

• LeeLee :)
    Beginner
    LeeLee :) ·
    • Hide content

Rodders; I'm with you, I'm cd1 today and I'm so disappointed.

This is the last year for us of ttc I'm 40 already and really hoped this month was for us, but it's not. I suppose we have to get used to the idea of probably not being parents and that cuts me up no end Smiley sad

I also wish, however bad it makes me feel/sound that we didn't get the positive in November as it feels like its a taster for things not to come.

Chin up love, wish I could give you a cuddle, I sure could do with one myself Smiley sad xx

• OB
    Beginner January 2011
    OB ·
    • Hide content

Lots of love xxx

• Gillsy
    Beginner April 2010
    Gillsy ·
    • Hide content

Massive hugs and love to you.

Your dates for coming off BC, mmc and ERPC are practically the same as mine so I feel your pain

allow yourself some down days and cry when you need to. Life is *** but I'm sure you'll have the family you long for soon xx

• Pompey
    Beginner June 2012
    Pompey ·
    • Hide content

Hope you're feeling a little better today.

I know not everyone will understand your situation because they've never been there, but you have a great support network of lovely ladies here at hitched and we'll all be here for a hug (albeit cyber) whenever you need one.

• Rod
    Beginner
    Rod ·
    • Hide content

Thank you everyone. I feel a little bit better today but still not myself xx Really appreciate the support xx

• Mrs Bass
    Beginner March 2011
    Mrs Bass ·
    • Hide content

Glad to see you are feeling a bit better, sending internet weirdie hugs!

like other have said, there is no shame in having a few down days, stay in bed and have a good cry, let it all out!

• HatTrick
    Beginner September 2010
    HatTrick ·
    • Hide content

Big hug Rodders ?

• loadsagifts
    Beginner January 2012
    loadsagifts ·
    • Hide content

Rod - glad you are feeling a bit better today.........keep smiling x (it took me over a year to become pregnant again after my miscarriage, it will happen for you when its the right time)

LeeLee - I don't know your situation but to try and give you positive thoughts - my mom was in her early 40's when she had my youngest brother. A dear friend of mine who suffered so many miscarriages resigned herself to being childless, hit 49 and was going through what she thought was the change............found out she was pregnant and her lovely lad is now almost 11 and about to go to senior school!

Sending lots of positive vibes to you both x

• SaSaSi
    Beginner July 2012
    SaSaSi ·
    • Hide content

Glad your spirits are up abit today Rod. x

• LeeLee :)
    Beginner
    LeeLee :) ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thanks L for your positive words and stance on it, it really does mean a lot to me ? I never thought all this ttc stuff would get to me the way it has, I just want to be a Mum and give *it* the love I've had from my parents, especially after these past 6 months, there's been a lot to deal with and bought us even closer as a family, didn't even think that was possible. I'll be ok, just hit me this morning when AF showed up and the cramps and hormones, I guess the blubbering didn't help either haha xx

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics