Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Ali_G
Beginner October 2012

Twitter

Ali_G, 12 of February of 2013 at 16:01 Posted on Off Topic Posts 0 27

Anyone on it?

I've recently tried to make a comeback after failing to get the hang of it the first time round. I still don't really "get" it.. it's just statuses and pictures, that's literally it. And my feed is full of Everton updates, and people retweeting tweets. And people retweeting tweets that people have retweeted. Phew!

Anyway, today my feed is crammed with Jamie Oliver's #1tweetrecipe for pancakes. Everyone saying how wonderfully easy the recipe is.

It's pancake mix. It's egg, milk & flour. It's not a frikking souffle..

Anyway, I tweeted Jamie asking if he's got a 1tweetrecipe for Yorkshire puddings too, but the tweet didn't send because my internet crashed. Dammit. I guess the internet doesn't like sarcasm.

27 replies

Latest activity by Pompey, 13 of February of 2013 at 15:18
  • Flowmojo
    Beginner
    Flowmojo ·
    • Hide content

I have a twitter account and just don't get it, at all.

Mini is the twitter queen round these here parts!!!

• ATB
    Beginner August 2014
    ATB ·
    • Hide content

I set one up , followed Phil Schofield, then never went on it again! It would probably just confuse me!

• SaSaSi
    Beginner July 2012
    SaSaSi ·
    • Hide content

I quite like it. I follow loads of local businesses, fitness, recipes as well as friends & celebs.

I would put more on it than I do on facebook as my MIL and loads of family are on my facebook whereas twitter is just friends.

• HatTrick
    Beginner September 2010
    HatTrick ·
    • Hide content

I've never understood twitter. Do the slebs actually respond to us mere mortals? Aren't they too busy being famous and stuff?

• Rizzo
    Beginner July 2011
    Rizzo ·
    • Hide content

I've really got into it recently and prefer it to FB.

I like sitting back and observing what is going on, rather than taking part - makes my internet usage easier now I have J.

• AmnesiaCustard
    Beginner June 2011
    AmnesiaCustard ·
    • Hide content

Never done it,. How do people find time for all this stuff?

• Enjayee
    Beginner April 2013
    Enjayee ·
    • Hide content

I've got a personal account which I don't use anymore and I've also got a second account which I set up today and I'm planning to use it to tweet about all things expat in Denmark, which is a little project of mine.

• FaeBelle13
    Beginner April 2013
    FaeBelle13 ·
    • Hide content

I don't really get twitter and I have managed to ignore it pretty much. I have noseyd at a few celebs in the past but they usually make me quite rageful.

What I HATE, is when people have their Twitter and FB linked, so all their tweets that make no sense when you don't have twitter, harass my news feed.

@twitterusers#usesomespaces

• Canary
    Beginner August 2013
    Canary ·
    • Hide content

I'm on twitter and I quite enjoy it. I follow a lot of news sites and sports sites and tend to find news breaks there first.

Like Rizzo, I like sitting back and watching it all. I don't post as much now I'm working but I find it more private than Facebook so am a bit more open on there.

• Vikster79
    Beginner July 2011
    Vikster79 ·
    • Hide content

Not a clue how or why it works. I did have an account until last week but i deleted it as ive never actually used it. Its definitely passed me by.

• JennyH10
    Beginner May 2013
    JennyH10 ·
    • Hide content

I love Twitter. Like some of the others, I don't tweet much but I find it's all about who you're following. I follow a lot of news, science, chefs, random celebs, comedians etc.

Add some more people and have a look at who they're following and go from there. I'm @jennyh10.

• Vanilla Pod
    Beginner September 2011
    Vanilla Pod ·
    • Hide content

I've got one but I don't use it or get it. I have two tweets to my name. "Hello am I dong this right?" and "Hi Babe, I think I have tweeted you, love Auntie Jo, did that work?"

I just don't get why you would want the whole world, people you dont know, reading your status updates. Also I somwetimes get emails telling me randon people are following me. Why? I never go on there!

My nieces absolutely love it, one got a "retweet" from Louis of one direction fame last year and nearly expired with excitement.

• *Mini*
    Beginner January 2012
    *Mini* ·
    • Hide content

Gordon Ramsey follows me #justsayin

• kharv
    Beginner March 2012
    kharv ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Stephen Fry follows my original account. #justsayin

• Rizzo
    Beginner July 2011
    Rizzo ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Barack Obama follows me #justsayin

Frankie Boyle used to, but I'm obviously so hardcore that he stopped.

• ATB
    Beginner August 2014
    ATB ·
    • Hide content

Am I right in thinking that if you follow someone, they don't automatically follow you? It's not like facebook when your are 'friends'?

• Ali_G
    Beginner October 2012
    Ali_G ·
    • Hide content

I have no one cool following me. ?

• kharv
    Beginner March 2012
    kharv ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

This is correct.

Rizzo - you win.

• ATB
    Beginner August 2014
    ATB ·
    • Hide content

I'm upset by that, I don't actually know if Phil was following me or not now!?

Rizzo you definately win!

• Mrs Bass
    Beginner March 2011
    Mrs Bass ·
    • Hide content

Im on it, at first I just had a competition with a friend to see which celcbs replied or retweeted. she won as Gary Barlow (or his socail media monkey) replied to her.

I mainly follow pubs, brewers and shops I like. Its usual the first place they announce sales, special offers, comps, and importantly with the pubs, what ale they have in each week!

• ~Peanut~
    Beginner December 2012
    ~Peanut~ ·
    • Hide content

I think Twitter is good if you have a use for it. I follow a lot of occupational therapists and disability charities/campaigners to network and keep up with current events related to my work. You can also join in discussions on particular topics or current events, which is where it differs from Facebook. If all you do is follow celebrities then it will be boring as most celebrities on Twitter are pretty boring.

• Sshh
    Beginner January 2018
    Sshh ·
    • Hide content

It's great for business networking, I've met some great contacts on Twitter.

Someone vaguely famous tweeted then followed me once. I can't remember for the life of me who it was now. Might've been David Hasslehoff, he's way better than Obama ?

• Rizzo
    Beginner July 2011
    Rizzo ·
    • Hide content

Has anyone ever been blocked by a celeb?

• *Mini*
    Beginner January 2012
    *Mini* ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I think Chris Maloney blocked me but he's not a sleb!

• Pompey
    Beginner June 2012
    Pompey ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I have 16 followers. A few of them I are people I know (mini one) and the rest are randomers. Was chuffed to bits when England netball followed me back. ? Loser.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics