Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

S

prewedding photography-what do you think?

sawnet, 14 of January of 2013 at 16:12 Posted on Planning 0 12

Hi people,

I want to know what do you think of pre wedding photography? It is quite costly..but why some people do it anyway? This is seems like a new trend.

How much is the average cost of this service?

12 replies

Latest activity by Rachel0203, 15 of January of 2013 at 21:22
  • T
    Beginner February 2013
    Topper ·
    • Hide content

Mine was included as part of the package. To me it was a must have as I really hate posing so it was a good session to get to know the photographers and also relax in front of the camera.

We had the session in a National Trust type gardens on a lovely autumn evening and had some really good pics out of it. I'm looking forward to the wedding photography much more following this.

• Maldives2013
    Beginner December 2013
    Maldives2013 ·
    • Hide content

Ours was included in the cost of our photography for the day. I wouldn't pay extra for it, but i think it is great to have it included as it gives us chance to get to know our photographer better and get some nice photos whilst we are at it!

• mariannechuaphotography
    mariannechuaphotography ·
    • Hide content

I think it's best for getting to know the tog and checking you'll be comfortable with them but it's not a necessity. I would say it's the kind of photo that you can use in wedding invites or to put on your wall, so if you like couple photos, then it is nice to get engagement photos done!

• Sparkly Momma
    Beginner November 2013
    Sparkly Momma ·
    • Hide content

Ours is included too. I'm looking forward to spending time with the TOG and getting a bit more comfortable with the camera. We will be taking our little girls with us too, so will hopefully get some nice shots. We will be using our venue's grounds too- I'm very excited about going back! He will use one of the shots to make postcards which will be sent with the invites which explains how to access the online gallery too.

• bec84
    Beginner
    bec84 ·
    • Hide content

We tend to include it as a package, but we don't charge that much to do it separately? It's nice to spend some time with the couple, or the family, to get to know them and help them get used to the camera x

• H
    Beginner October 2011
    Hayse-08/10/11 ·
    • Hide content

We got it as part of our package. I had reservations about it but found it very good....... I got to know the photographer and they got to know us as a couple. He also gave us some hints on how to look / stand etc and then afterwards he asked to be totally honest on what he produced so that he got an idea on what we liked and didn't like. For example, we didn't like the more intimate shots (generally where we were kissing) but did like the more natural ones. I think it is definitely worth it, especially if you are a bit shy awkward in front of a camera.

• SarahW73
    Beginner September 2013
    SarahW73 ·
    • Hide content

I'm not sure whether it's the same but my photographer offered us an engagement shoot. I turned it down to keep the costs as low as possible.

He has been in touch since to offer the shoot free of charge. He said he shot a wedding recently & realised how important it was to have some sort of pre shoot. He didn't like photographing the couple for the first time on the wedding day. He's basically really keen to get to know us & the venue. I think that's a good point & am now having a photo shoot a month or so before the wedding & will be glad to do so!

• Peter
    Peter ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

What precisely do you mean by pre wedding? Are you referring to an engagement shoot? That isn't particularly a new trend. Some togs do shots of the couple the day before or in the morning before the ceremony......not really very British although quite common in the USA...it allows more time for the couple shots although blows the idea of the couple not seeing each other or the dress before the ceremony itself...

Peter

• I
    Beginner October 2013
    Irisbride ·
    • Hide content

Ours offered it as optional extra. I think it can be nice but didn't see it as necessary so haven't gone for it. I'm not particularly stressed about having my photo taken on our wedding day, as out tog is so nice, she's made me feel at ease already,

• pm.photography
    pm.photography ·
    • Hide content

I offer the pre wedding session with every package as it's the best way to make client comfortable in front of the camera. They also get to know my style better as well so if there's anything they to don't like or something they are really keen on we can discuss it before the wedding.

www.pm-photography.co.uk

• R
    Beginner March 2013
    Rachel87 ·
    • Hide content

Mine is included too, will help loads as I don't particularly like having my photo taken so this will prepare us a little!

• R
    Beginner March 2013
    Rachel0203 ·
    • Hide content

Hi

I think that a pre wedding shoot is great, as helps you get to know the photographer. Ours was included in the package. We had ours pretty early, then when we got the pics back we didnt like them and had a few problems as the photograhper was having trouble sending them and we got all in black and white a first for some reason. We then decided to cancel with her as she didnt get us into goo positions to get good pics.

We then had to start again and look for another photograher, which we managed and she is really good. So glad we had the pre wedding shoot and realised about the first one.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics