Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

missharwood
Beginner May 2016

Easter Weddings...advice?

missharwood, 11 of July of 2012 at 20:31 Posted on Planning 0 3

Hello Ladies,

So my OH and I are looking to have an wedding in Easter 2014. I've looked at the dates and Easter Sunday is 20th April. My OH works as a primary school teacher and so only gets school holidays off. We also want a weekend wedding, as its simply easier for everyone else.

Has anyone had an Easter wedding? Can you have an Easter wedding? (Does the church allow it?) It's so difficult!!!

I would appreciate ANY help/advice!

xxx

3 replies

Latest activity by icklelea, 11 of July of 2012 at 22:39
  • swampy1901
    Beginner August 2012
    swampy1901 ·
    • Hide content

It depends on the church! When I married my now ex-husband we got married on the Easter Monday and because Easter is a time of celebration the church was beautifully decorated with flowers so we didn't have to worry about that side of things.

People do get married on Sunday but if the church officiant is not registered as a registrar - it will be expensive paying a registrar to come out to do the legal bit on a Sunday but it is certainly doable!

Swampy

• princesssaraht
    Beginner December 2012
    princesssaraht ·
    • Hide content

You can have an easter wedding however, at our church, between mournday thursday (the day before good friday) and easter sunday, the church is stripped bare - no flowers, cloths on the alter etc. And if you get married, say on Easter Saturday, you arent allowed to decorate the church. So i'd say if you are going with Easter, stick to Easter Sunday!

• *gnashers*
    Beginner October 2013
    *gnashers* ·
    • Hide content

Our friends are getting married on good Friday but they are having a civil ceremony so it's not as much of an issue.

• I
    Beginner March 2013
    icklelea ·
    • Hide content

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics