Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

(
Beginner

What are you wearing on Christmas day?

(Have, 20 of December of 2008 at 18:40 Posted on Off Topic Posts 0 39

I think this one has probably been done before, but i can't find it. what are people wearing? i had a bit of a cast about in town today, saw some very nice things in monsoon but too tight to spend the money. so please describe your outfits and let me bask in the glow of glamour ?

39 replies

Latest activity by legless, 22 of December of 2008 at 09:19
  • K
    Beginner May 2007
    Kegsey ·
    • Hide content

Erm, jeans!

• C
    Clairebecky ·
    • Hide content

I'm afraid I can't be bothered to dress up just to get hot & sweaty in the kitchen, so will probably just be wearing jeans!? My daughter might be wearing a party dress if I can manage to find her one - not having much luck at the mo!

• C
    Beginner June 2006
    Croyde ·
    • Hide content

An apron?!

• Orly Bird
    Beginner April 2007
    Orly Bird ·
    • Hide content

Sparkly purple shift dress - possibly with diamente jewellery. Just me and mum for Christmas day this year.

• Melawen
    Beginner January 2007
    Melawen ·
    • Hide content

Jeans and a sparkly top from Sainsburys that I bought last year I expect. Comfy but still with a bit of sparkle. A will be in a party dress I think.

• S
    Beginner
    smitten ·
    • Hide content

Something comfortable but still smartish -although I will be the only one who makes an effort - H will be in jeans and maybe a shirt, kids will be in normal clothes or daughter will be in her HSM dressing up outfit. Last year she had christmas lunch in her vest and pants as she got so excited and hot and bothered ( she is only 5!)

I will be wearing some jersey wideleg black trousers ( strethcy waist for all that food!) a purple 'batwing', v neck back and front and sits on the shoulders, jersey top that is long enough to cover any christmas day belly and a funky necklace - will make an effort with hair and makeup too. I prepare as much of lunch as I can the day before so hopefully not too much slaving in the kitchen for me !

• D
    Dopper ·
    • Hide content

A fluffy, complimentary robe and face mask. Can't wait - I have 5 hours of treatments booked in a luxury spa in Cambodia for Christmas day. Ditto for New Year's Eve, except in 4 hours and Viet Nam, not Cambodia. I leave on Monday - yipppee!

• Chicken
    Beginner October 2003
    Chicken ·
    • Hide content

That sounds amazing Ding Dopper. Tell everything when you get back.

I'll be spending 19 hours on an aeroplane starting Christmas lunch time so something comfortable. Like PJs!

• Consuela Banana Hammock
    Consuela Banana Hammock ·
    • Hide content

I don't get this dressing up on Christmas Day nonsense. Jeans - like every other day!

• WIseMonkey
    WIseMonkey ·
    • Hide content

It's our first christmas with just the kids and the uther arth this year and no other people to cook for. So i'll be wearing whatever i first see when i open my wardrobe. However our children shall be wearing smart christmas togs because they'll have their picture taken lots. No doubt at the end of the day and shall be running around in just their nappy and vest because their nice clothes are covered in Christmas dinner and chocolate.

• (
    Beginner
    (Have ·
    • Hide content

Ooh wow, some very exciting things being worn and being done! i like the idea of dressing up a little bit at Christmas (very much in favour of the comfort still being there) to feel festive and jolly. To me, christmas food comes from m&s. mr moo does some cooking, and we're not at the stage of considering moolets yet so apart from visiting grandparents and mum coming to ours for dinner in the evening, we won't be too stressed, hopefully. i can imagine that if we had children and/or numerous people descending i'd be wearing whatever was easy!

• Fallen Angel
    Fallen Angel ·
    • Hide content

My super comfy trackie bottoms. Perfect for crawling around on floor with toddler and the right colour that baby sick doesn't show. They wil however, be clean on that day. Top will be a T-shirt, would much prefer a vest top but parents still haven't seen my rather large back tattoo and I don't think over the turkey is the right time to show it off?

Oh the glamorous life that I lead.......

• S
    Scarlet Fifi La Voom ·
    • Hide content

Nothing special, I am working!

• Lumpy Golightly
    Expert February 2003
    Lumpy Golightly ·
    • Hide content

Pyjamas for as long as I can get away with them, then jeans and a big jumper.

• bettyb
    Beginner July 2006
    bettyb ·
    • Hide content

I normally just wear the usual jeans etc but we are eating out this year so think I may have to make a bit more of an effort. So will probably still wear jeans but with a smartish top and a nice pair of heeled boots.

• Hungry Caterpillar
    Beginner
    Hungry Caterpillar ·
    • Hide content

I was going to wear a new black dress that I'm getting for Christmas, but with my broken toe I can only get trainers on my feet, and I don't think it would be a good look! So probably jeans and the cardi I was going to wear with the black dress!

• Allison Wonderland
    Beginner December 2006
    Allison Wonderland ·
    • Hide content

I won't buy anything new, but I feel like I want to dress up a bit more this year. I would usually just wear jeans or trousers with a jumper, so I might go for a skirt or dress. We're going to H's parent's so I don't have to do anything.

• yeah_whatever
    Beginner August 2008
    yeah_whatever ·
    • Hide content

Lolls i have the exact same dress and will also be wearing a vest top its indecent not too and black tights....its a very pretty dress and a bargin too.

• M
    Beginner March 2009
    merry doaky ·
    • Hide content

I bought a new silver top today for Christmas.

Its nothing special just a nice silver top with some sparkle on it. I made sure it had short sleeves as I'll be cooking so don't want to get to hot and sweaty lol.

I'll be wearing it with my tailored black maternity trousers, this year I went with comfort over glamour, a must have when pregant.

I'll be wearing the same outfit on my birthday (NYE) to go out for dinner then on to a friends for a party.

• essexmum
    Beginner August 2009
    essexmum ·
    • Hide content

I'm wearing a bright pink sparkly top with black cardi and jeans, my OH will be wearing a shirt and also jeans. I bought my son a nice jumper and new pair of jeans today (I've told him he cant; wear it till Thursday!) and I bought my daughter a gorgeous red dress and red shoes from monsoon, however due to the cost she's worn it to her cubs and School christmas party so she gets some wear out of it!

We also got nice new clothes for christmas and worn them on the day, so I like the children to lolok nice. Also we're going to my mums for dinner and she always makes an effort - I might even wear some make-up!

• Hugo Brambles
    Beginner August 2002
    Hugo Brambles ·
    • Hide content

If I wasn't working then I'd wear boots and monsoon skirt wth a nice top but I am working, and I've got the horse to do twice so not sure. Its only since I've hitched that I've thought about 'dressing nice' for Christmas day but it's a good idea.

• mEVY Christmas !
    mEVY Christmas ! ·
    • Hide content

I'll be in the kitchen all day, hot and sweating no doubt!

I'm wearing black jeans and a black sparkly top.

The photographs of Christmas in previous years where I've been the hostess show everyone looking all clean and christmassy and there's me with the big red face and sweaty fringe!!

• Kebab thief
    Beginner August 2008
    Kebab thief ·
    • Hide content

Something very comfortable and slobby as I can get away with it at my parents house. Boxing Day however is a different matter entirely as we're at the in-laws doing the whole family thing so I shall be wearing a rather gawjus jade green dress from Hobbs with black knee-high boots.

• leafy
    Beginner September 2005
    leafy ·
    • Hide content

I'm wearing this http://www.newlook.co.uk/1515009/151500960/ProductDetails.aspx with my red sparkly shoes.

We are at my hubby's parents so I don't have to lift a finger, only my wine glass hee hee

• S
    Sandie ·
    • Hide content

Jeans and a tee shirt I am guessing

• KEG
    Beginner February 2009
    KEG ·
    • Hide content

Steel toe caps and a hard hat! I'm working, booooooooooooooooo!!!!

• Hoobygroovy
    Hoobygroovy ·
    • Hide content

PJs all the way! Will be asleep until mid to late afternoon so no point getting dressed just to slob out and watch tv, is there? ?

• Jerseygirl
    Beginner
    Jerseygirl ·
    • Hide content

I've never dressed up for Christmas day. In fact, I usually don't get dressed at all - I stay in my pjs if possible.

• A
    Beginner August 2007
    alison76 ·
    • Hide content

Almost certainly jogging bottoms and a t-shirt or polo top. I'll be in the kitchen half the day and the rest of the time, collapsed on the sofa watching TV. No point dressing up.

• Hoobygroovy
    Hoobygroovy ·
    • Hide content

I should add that, if I were having a normal Christmas Day, I would make the effort to dress up a bit. Christmas is the one day of the year when the good china, cutlery and cut crystal is guaranteed to be brought out. The table gets dressed to the nines so it seems only fitting that we should too. ?

• Evil Yoda
    Beginner June 2005
    Evil Yoda ·
    • Hide content

I've no idea but I'm sure it will be something random as all my 'good' clothes will be packed away in my suitcase ready for my holiday on Boxing Day.

• E
    Beginner August 2006
    Emma217 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Sounds fab, Cambodia is amazing! Whereabouts in Cambodia are you going? Watching the sun rise over Angkor Wat on Christmas Day would be my H's idea of heaven!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics