Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Jayne E
VIP

JayneE wedding report from Lapland.

Jayne E, 12 of January of 2016 at 19:26

Posted on Planning 68

Ok ladies and gentlemen, you've waited patiently long enough (?). I warn you this will be long. It may take me a couple of days to finish and you may not get all the pictures in the right order and I'm not sure I have them all yet! But put the kettle on. Get a warm drink. Find your hats, gloves and...

Ok ladies and gentlemen, you've waited patiently long enough (?). I warn you this will be long. It may take me a couple of days to finish and you may not get all the pictures in the right order and I'm not sure I have them all yet!

But put the kettle on. Get a warm drink. Find your hats, gloves and coats because YOURE GOING TO LAPLAND!!

ARRIVAL.

After the problems of finding our wedding music kept corrupting late night the day before we left it was a relief to finally arrive in Lapland and have alternative wedding music. The first thing that struck us wasn't how cold it was but how beautiful it was. A real life winter wonderland. It's a stunning place. The temperature was -7 which wasn't so bad! Little did we know it was lulling us into a false sense of security. The next day the temperature dropped to -20 and the day after -26 however we had bought all the right clothes and when out and about all you could see were our eyes. Even my mum couldn't tell which person was me on photos. If there was a bank in Levi we could have robbed it!

We explored, we walked, we sledged, we rode the gondola to the top of the ski lift and had drinks in the ice bar at the Snow Dome. Our hotel had it's own reindeer and we bought food and hand fed them. My made snow angels. We found the frozen lake. It's supposed to be a good spot to see the Northern Lights being so dark. We even downloaded the Levi Northern Lights app for warnings they might be around.

At 2am our alarm for the northern lights went off. We got up and got dressed. H2b attached his torch to his head and we set off for the lake. We were wearing so many clothes we could lay on the ice watching the sky for an hour without feeling the cold much. A wonderful shooting star but no lights. The following night the same thing. Would I come all this way for the lights and not see them? So many people had done that. I kept telling myself it was a beautiful place and it didn't matter (but it did really).

A car collected us to take us to Luvattumaa Ice Gallery to view the chapel. We were completely awe struck. We had all seen pictures but nothing can prepare you for the sight of it in real life, and the cold and silence. It's a constant -5 inside. However we were told that if it's much colder outside and people leave the door open the temperature drops as the colder air becomes trapped inside. And they had a slide made of ice and yes of course I had to have a go. We couldnt wait to get married there. We weren't nervous at all. We were eagerly looking forward to it at this point.

68 replies

• Jayne E
    VIP
    Jayne E ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Oh thank you Lou. I'm sure I will and even if I don't you have my email and I will want to hear all about it. It's been lovely chatting to you. I actually cut the length quite a lot lol. It was even bigger to start. It was turning into my Lapland wedding - the book.

• M
    Beginner April 2016
    MrsRees2B ·
    • Hide content

Fantastic report Jayne - get your entry in to the hitched awards quick!!

Looks and sounds like you had an amazing time. Hope you stick around for a while Smiley smile

• Jayne E
    VIP
    Jayne E ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I'm a 2016 bride! Next year maybe. I had an amazing time and will stick around to see how everyone else's weddings go. X

• M
    Beginner May 2017
    MrsW2017 ·
    • Hide content

Wow what an amazing time you had! And such fab photos.

I definitely want to go to Lapland now!

• M
    Beginner April 2016
    MrsRees2B ·
    • Hide content

Lol oops I still think we're in December! Glad your planning on sticking around I'm now starting to panic with 12 weeks to go!

• Jayne E
    VIP
    Jayne E ·
    • Hide content

Have you got much left to do?

• Jayne E
    VIP
    Jayne E ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Amazing place. Go go go. So sad I've just unpacked then re packed all our cold weather gear in an empty case ready for the loft. Smiley sad

back to Spain next.

• M
    Beginner April 2016
    MrsRees2B ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Not really just final decisions and payments etc

• L
    Beginner October 2014
    LalaC1988 ·
    • Hide content

Jayne I think that was one of the nicest wedding reports ever :-) so chuffed for you. I don't really post much on here anymore but I thought about you on your day wondered how it was getting on :-)

• Jayne E
    VIP
    Jayne E ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thank you. It was a wonderful day and week.

• MrsHertfordshire
    Beginner September 2014
    MrsHertfordshire ·
    • Hide content

Utterly amazing Jayne, so pleased you got your fairytale.

I don't post here as much as I should, but always snooping and so thankful you shared your planning, preparations and report with us.

If you want your lovely husband Paul to cry again, ask him to read this - it got me! Magical well done xx

• M
    Beginner April 2016
    Mogf ·
    • Hide content

Jayne, your wedding looked magical. You look so happy even when you must have been freezing cold! I love your report, thank you so much for sharing. I look forward to reading the poem.

• Jayne E
    VIP
    Jayne E ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thank you CornishBride that's a huge compliment! The arctic is my new Disney!

• bliss_balloons
    bliss_balloons ·
    • Hide content

Congratulations Jayne, what an amazing wedding and how lovely that you got to see the Northern Lights on your wedding day, sounds perfect!

• MrsStanleyToBe
    Beginner January 2019
    MrsStanleyToBe ·
    • Hide content

Aww wow Jayne such a beautiful report, it's looks so romantic. Big Congratulations x

• Jayne E
    VIP
    Jayne E ·
    • Hide content

Such a romantic and magical place. Lapland is very beautiful.

• Mrslh2b
    Beginner August 2016
    Mrslh2b ·
    • Hide content

Absolutely beautiful - congratulations!!! xxx

• M
    Beginner August 2016
    Mrs-Riley ·
    • Hide content

Jayne you looks absolutely stunning! Love your big woolly coat with the dress too!

Looks like you had an amazing experience, and you'll definitely have plenty of stories to tell people!

• Runnergirl
    Beginner November 2015
    Runnergirl ·
    • Hide content

Stunning pictures and wonderful report. Thanks for sharing with us. Always found you very welcoming and supportive on here, so nice to see your dream come true. Here's to many happy years ahead xx

• Jayne E
    VIP
    Jayne E ·
    • Hide content

Thank you runner girl. Fingers crossed for my cancer check up Tuesday for the many years. Hoping for a minimoon in Barcelona in the spring. Soon to be Riley I'm running out of people to tell about it. Can't wait to go back. Hopefully December! I'm now on with photo books for mums etc. X

• Bobbys_Girl
    Beginner October 2017
    Bobbys_Girl ·
    • Hide content

Absolutely magical! ?

• N
    Beginner January 2016
    NoMoore ·
    • Hide content

Fab report Jayne E!! Photos are amazing. It's so lovely that you appreciated and noticed everything Lapland had to offer. Amazing xx

• L
    Beginner October 2016
    Lakesbride16 ·
    • Hide content

Wow, I loved your report. Bought tears to my eyes at the end. Congratulations. Sounds like you had a magical day xx

• 2BMrsC
    Beginner May 2017
    2BMrsC ·
    • Hide content

Absolutely WONDERFUL to read your report Jayne- so full of love and excitement, despite the odd 'oops' moments! You two look so blissfully and totally in love, just that brought a tear to my eye!

Thank you for sharing your story, planning and day with us... though I'm still intrigued to know about 'Trouser Gate' and to read the poem your magistrate read for you.....!

Massive good wishes for a long, happy and healthy marriage.... you two definitely deserve a VERY long fairytale life together xx

• Jayne E
    VIP
    Jayne E ·
    • Hide content

Page 4 for the reading and trousergate thank you for your lovely comments. X

• 2BMrsC
    Beginner May 2017
    2BMrsC ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Either I'm more senile than I thought or my computer is playing up, as this is the only mention I can find on this entire thread of the reading or trouser gate! ☹️

• Jayne E
    VIP
    Jayne E ·
    • Hide content

Sorry wasn't very clear was it? I listed them on separate threads. And they are now on page 4 of the threads.

• Jayne E
    VIP
    Jayne E ·
    • Hide content

By the way ladies. I can't praise Silk Blooms in Glasgow enough as my florist if anyone needs silk flowers. They were brilliant to deal with and made an amazing job of what I described as frosty flowers not to mention expert packing to get them from Glasgow to Essex. They featured them on their website and hitched has asked them for the pics for an article on silk flowers!

• Jayne E
    VIP
    Jayne E ·
    • Hide content

Oh ladies how did I not put this pic in! My h2b face as I walked down the aisle towards him.

• IngridHughes
    Beginner July 2016
    IngridHughes ·
    • Hide content

Absolutely amazing!! I have been dying to get on the forum to see your pics, I had a bad couple of months with the death of my grandma so I haven't been here much!

The photos are even more amazing than I imagined and you looked stunning, a real ice queen!!

• Jayne E
    VIP
    Jayne E ·
    • Hide content

Ah thanks Ingrid. We had an amazing time and I can't wait to return next January. The arctic circle ie verry addictive! So sorry about your grandma but nice to see you back and planning. Looking forward to seeing yours come together. X

• IngridHughes
    Beginner July 2016
    IngridHughes ·
    • Hide content

We'll have to go sometime, we went to Norway a couple of months ago and my boyfriend loved it, I had never seen him smile so much! I think he'd love this even more!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics