Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Mrs C
Beginner March 2011

** Welcome to Wedding Planning!! A brief introduction... **

Mrs C, 11 of July of 2011 at 13:46

Posted on Planning 381

Welcome to Wedding Planning! ? We have pulled together a few little handy hints and tips for this forum, there are a few traditions that we have going that would be lovely to carry on... Introductions Don’t be shy! Add a new thread introducing yourself to the group; this forum is only as good as the...

Welcome to Wedding Planning! ?

We have pulled together a few little handy hints and tips for this forum, there are a few traditions that we have going that would be lovely to carry on...

Introductions

Don’t be shy! Add a new thread introducing yourself to the group; this forum is only as good as the people in it so speak up! We don’t bite!

Good Luck Threads

There are no hard and fast rules but these are usually started by a date twin or someone friendly with the bride or groom to be in the 2-3 weeks leading up to the wedding. If you are not sure who is coming up there is a next 700 weddings list here on Hitched.

https://www.hitched.co.uk/weddings/next30.asp?whichpage=7&pagesize=50&print=y

Your good luck thread shouldn’t be read until you are ready to sign off before your wedding – if you peek early you will get spots!

Abbreviations

Sometimes the threads can be a little hard to decipher at first... here are a few of the most commonly used abbreviations in WP (Wedding Planning)

AIBU - Am I Being Unreasonable

BM - Best man or Bridesmaid

CBM - Chief Bridesmaid

ER - Engagement Ring

FPIL - Future Parents In Law

H2B - Husband To Be

HIB - Hitcher In Business

HTH - Hope That Helps

HRML - Hitched Rules My Life!

IIRC- If I Remember Correctly

IMO - In My Opinion

IYKWIM - If You Know What I Mean

IYSWIM - If You See What I Mean

MOH - Maid/Matron of Honour

N&P - Name and Praise

OH - Other Half

OM - Old Marrieds

OP - Original Post/Poster

OT - Off Topic

PIL - Parents In Law

PSA - Public Service Announcement

RAHK - Random Act Of Hitched Kindness

SIL/BIL/MIL/FIL - Sister.../brother.../mother.../father.... In Law

STD - Save The Date

(sp) - Unsure Of Spelling

TBH - To Be Honest

TIA - Thanks In Advance

TOG – Photographer

TROLL - Someone Fake On Hitched

VOG - Videographer

WEES - What Everyone Else Said

WWYD - What Would You Do

WR - Wedding Ring

WSS - What She Said

Hearts

The heart function is not used in Wedding Planning, but is in Baby Talk to highlight announcements.

Hitched Awards

These are held once a year (usually Nov/Dec), hosted by volunteers from the Hitched community.

Watch out for the announcements and the voting categories!

381 replies

• Mrs C
    Beginner March 2011
    Mrs C ·
    • Hide content

Next to the post, if you hover your mouse over the icon it will tell you...

Stars indicate popular posts and pencils mean unread posts ?

• C
    Beginner September 2012
    Celtic B ·
    • Hide content

Hey

I am new to this so apologies if I dont do this right. OH and I have been engaged for 3 months now and are getting married on 22nd Sept 2012. So only just over a year away!! So excited. Just wanted to say Hi

?

Marie

• emzp
    Beginner August 2012
    emzp ·
    • Hide content

Hello!!

• sacha1987
    Beginner July 2012
    sacha1987 ·
    • Hide content

Hello all!! I have been engaged for 3 YEARS would you believe!! Could only just afford to get married, as have a young daughter who's six!! Me and my OH have been together for nearly 10 years.

Not sure if my ticker is working LOL ? But Good luck to all Brides!!!!!! x ?

• L
    Beginner September 2012
    Lucieaew ·
    • Hide content

Hi all,

I'm new to this and i'm having trouble with two things.

1) the abbreviations - i've seen the ones on this thread but there are so many not included on this list and i can't work out what they mean?

2) I really want to get one of those countdown boxes which says there are ... days until my wedding. I tried but it hasn't worked, there is just a long link in place of the picture (you will see when i post this)

Other than that i'm finding this very helpful and interesting. I don't know where to start planning wise but I am reassured that there are lots of others with the same questions/ideas/thoughts as me .

Lucie

• L
    Beginner September 2012
    Lucieaew ·
    • Hide content

Eloping!!! how exciting, where will you go?

Lucie

• Mrs C
    Beginner March 2011
    Mrs C ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hello and welcome!

In order to try and answer your query - which abreviations are we missing? If you let me know I can update the original post.

I think you need to post the BB code into the signature box, I know it took me a few attempts of trial and error before I found one that worked! It looks like you have posted the web link rather than the code.

Good Luck!

• R
    Beginner April 2012
    robert 25 ·
    • Hide content

Congrats for all who is getting married will soon, have a nice to plan weddings. the wedding planner is must decide how can finish our wedding ceremony.

• kookik
    Beginner September 2012
    kookik ·
    • Hide content

Hi All,

question....what does **Bump** mean when put after a post?!

thanks

kx

• Mrs C
    Beginner March 2011
    Mrs C ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hello!

To *bump* a thread means that they are posting to *bump* it back to the top of the list.

• luckylola
    Beginner September 2012
    luckylola ·
    • Hide content

Another question... What does 'ETA' stand for?

Thanks

• kharv
    Beginner March 2012
    kharv ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Edited to add.

• luckylola
    Beginner September 2012
    luckylola ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thank you!

• quackers
    Beginner August 2013
    quackers ·
    • Hide content

Hi,

I just wanted to say hi! Me and the H2B have been engaged since June and have set the date 24th Aug 2013 so aaaaaaaaages away!!

I kind of have nothing to do wedding planning now, church is book, reception booked, photographer, bridesmaids chosen, and best man and ushers! So i'm and B2B with nothing to do!

Well apart from my university degree that im in the middle of but who worries about that little thing!!

So hi anyway

• R
    Beginner April 2012
    robert 25 ·
    • Hide content

Hi, I'm very happy to be part of here introduce a wedding planner iPhone app. This app is useful for wedding planner to be plan perfectly. Many wedding planner is used this app and enjoy our weddings. if you want to this app visit here.

• T
    Beginner November 2013
    tauhidur ·
    • Hide content

With the intro of wedding I am going to add the wedding video..What do u need in weeding and how will you manage it?We all know that when you put the word “Wedding†in front of anything the price suddenly increases by a couple of hundred pounds. And I know lots of you now want to keep the cost of your special day down as far as possible, without compromising on the things you want. So myself and Chaos thought it would be a good idea to keep all those tips in one place (Inspired by IckleKats post of the other day.). I hope this helps a little bit and don’t be afraid to add your own!

If you can find people who you know who can help with this it would really cut down the cost, wedding photography shoots can cost well into the hundreds. My friend was quoted £500-odd for her wedding day from the local studio, and that was budget!. A lot of photographers will offer a range of different packages though, so defiantly shop around to find one that has what you want. Then when you know what you want from your package you can shop around and see if you can find a better quote. Here is my recommendation:This guyzz I used and they are really good.You need to check out these guys- film-by-you.co.uk. My sister used them for her weddings. They are AMAZINNNG !! you will Get 40% discount with coupon Code "wedding17", which I have used.I heard they Cover all of the UK too And if your not 100% happy with their work they will give you a FULL refund.sounds good and found them good..

• S
    Beginner
    ShelbyAnderson ·
    • Hide content

Hi, everyone

This thread is the best I have ever saw here.

It is so useful.

• B
    bluehouse ·
    • Hide content

Wedding planing is very important to do a merry,and playing a important role.

• B
    bosgooo ·
    • Hide content

GOOD

• H
    Beginner October 2012
    hayley198020 ·
    • Hide content

Hi,

I just signed up to Hitched! What a great site.

I got engaged in Sept 11 in Parisand we have our wedding booked for 5th Oct 2012 and having the reception a week later. Me and H2B are doing it a bit of an odd way round but we like it and its what works best for us!

Everything is more or less booked and we are ready to get hitched...

Just wanted to say hi!

• Z
    Beginner October 2015
    zheshi ·
    • Hide content

I love it. It is really unique and beautiful. Listen to your heart. You are the one wearing the dress. http://www.eastbridal.com/wedding-dresses/spring-wedding-gown-0010.html

• soon2bmrsRB
    Beginner May 2013
    soon2bmrsRB ·
    • Hide content

Hi ive just signed up too we have been engage for a good 8years lol and have finally set a date to wed on the 17th may 2013 we have 4 children 3girls 1 boy (hense why we havent gotten married yet lol) and im very excited!!! we have been together for 10years this may. look forward to getting to no you all!!

• Elena Iuliana
    Beginner May 2017
    Elena Iuliana ·
    • Hide content

Hey, I am new around here, thanks for offering all the "translations" for the acronyms! Hope to have a nice time around...

• M
    Beginner May 2013
    MacD2013 ·
    • Hide content

Hi!

I am also new, I have been engaged since 2009 but just started planning. Feeling a little overwhelmed so looking for ideas and advice!

Looking to get married on 18th May 2013 and can't wait!

Look forward to chatting to you all!

• xlovebirdsx
    Beginner August 2012
    xlovebirdsx ·
    • Hide content

Hi everyone,

Me and Russ got engaged in 2009 but have only just set a date... August 2012!! not long to plan! Smiley smile

xx

• I
    Beginner June 2012
    itchec ·
    • Hide content

+1 Thanks Mods! ?

• sinatratribute
    sinatratribute ·
    • Hide content

Hello,

Thought I would drop in and introduce myself?

My name is Jay, I am a new supplier on hitched. If you are looking for any Wedding entertainment frank Sinatra style, either solo or with Big band 4-16 piece then please feel free to have a look at my website or email me for more information.

Happy Wedding planning

Jay Oxenham

• Elliekitty
    Beginner January 2013
    Elliekitty ·
    • Hide content

Hi Everyone,

I'm getting married on 5th Jan 2013, i've got almost everything organised bar the the dress,flowers & suits. Hopefully im not a little two over organised!?

x

• B
    bluehouse ·
    • Hide content

Hi. this is the nice way to organize the wedding in a managed way so that every one can enjoy without any tension an get best arrangements.

• MrsA_2B
    Beginner April 2013
    MrsA_2B ·
    • Hide content

Hi I'm new to this forum too we got engaged Oct 2011 4 years to the day of getting together officially we set a date last month and are getting married April 5th 2013 soooo excited have booked the venue, provisionally booked the registrars, going to meet the flower lady in April this year and think we've found a photographer, put a deposit on a dress but think ive made a mistake and rushed into it so may loose that! and have asked our bridesmaids and best woman and theyve tried a few dresses to get an idea of colours and styles......

any other April 2013 brides??

• K
    Beginner April 2013
    Kadypants ·
    • Hide content

Hiya! I'm Kady, just got engaged last Tuesday, Valentines Day. No idea of a date or anything yet, but really enjoying reading all your lovely stories and ideas. You're giving us lots of food for thought!

• J
    Beginner July 2012
    jeniferlussi15 ·
    • Hide content

Hey Mrs C, really its nice and innovative idea.?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics