Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

B

Getting married abroad.. needed invitation wordings? or not...

6 of February of 2010 at 19:01 Posted on Planning 0 6

Heyy ladies!! did you had good day???

me very weird day, my mother came round, she started talk about wedding in greece, and ideas.. she never normally like that... i felt bit better. when mum told me shes was really stressed last month, (which i never knew) that she been sorting out the venues and costing and phone call etc etc on my behalf.. she felt she organising my wedding.. i do felt bad cos i am deaf i cant do the phone call, and writing up proper letter! so my parent been lots of talk about it... i am glad she did mention "wedding in abroad" it over the moon!..

anyway....

ive been thinking how i do the invitation for familys and friend to join our wedding in aboard? i dont want them to think that we are paying for them, i want them to pay for flight and hotels etc my mother said i dont needed to do that, just let them know if they wanna to come, that fine.. but i told her i feel i wanna do something with it, and that something that they can keep.. i wanna make something

how to put down on invitation? wordings? etc! a little ?

xx

6 replies

Latest activity by FunkyDiva, 6 of February of 2010 at 19:33
  • 22tango
    Beginner April 2010
    22tango ·
    • Hide content

I don't think anyone should expect flights and hotel to be paid for, thats a bit extreme. Are you looking for wording? as in, how to put it to people that they are invited but to be clear they pay for themselves? I'll have a think...

• L
    Beginner February 2011
    Lucy137 ·
    • Hide content

We had a similar problem (although not abroad) as we've hired a big country house for a week and people can stay if they want to but we will need them to pay a bit towards it. In the end, after much discussion, we sent out save the date cards (from vistaprint) and at the bottom it said 'please see enclosed information sheet'. Then i just typed up a letter kind of thing to go with them saying a bit about the place and surrounding area, and said 'we thought it'd be nice for everyone to have a little winter break rather than the usual one day wedding rush' and then said that accomodation was available for the wedding night only for £xx per person or for the week for £xxx. We enclosed reply cards and asked people to reply with a deposit.

I know it'll be a bit different for you with it being abroad and neeeding flights etc but hope that helps.

• GeordieBarbie
    Beginner May 2010
    GeordieBarbie ·
    • Hide content

I've never been to a wedding abroad so don't know first hand.

I would put an info sheet in with information as to where the wedding is taking place, which resort, which tour operator things are booked through and costs per person (based on what you've booked) but also some other information so that if guests want to come and stay in a different hotel in the same resort they can find something themselves.

• 22tango
    Beginner April 2010
    22tango ·
    • Hide content

I agree maybe add a card to say something like 'although we would be delighted if you could join us, flights and accommodation will not be complimentary', below is a list of suggested hotels/flights - whatever and have a couple of suggestions there - do you think that sounds too harsh?

• FunkyDiva
    FunkyDiva ·
    • Hide content

My brother is getting married in Cyprus and they just sent save the date cards out 12 months before announcing the wedding to give people time to book. No one assumed that the bride and groom would pay for them to join them.

How is it different from getting married in the UK and people travelling to your wedding, they do not expect you to pay for their petrol.

Why not if you are sending out invites don't you put a little note in saying something along the lines of.

We would love you to join us but we understand if this is not possible due to the expense. If you are able to treat it as a holiday/mini break and can join us that would be lovely.

Obviously better worded than that but just making it clear that they would need to pay.

• FunkyDiva
    FunkyDiva ·
    • Hide content

The others ideas of putting a list of operators that fly to your destination is also an idea.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics