Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

☆♡☆VegasBride☆♡☆
Beginner August 2014

Vegas Brides

☆♡☆VegasBride☆♡☆, 27 of April of 2015 at 23:25 Posted on Honeymoons & Getting Married Abroad 0 106

I have noticed how many of us either have or are planning too get married in Vegas and thought it might be nice for people to be able too talk on here ?

So Ladies...

why Vegas? For me I had never wanted a big wedding and we spent 3 1/2 months travelling the USA instead

Where in Vegas? Viva Las Vegas wedding chapel outdo gazebo at 8pm

Wedding Dress and BMS or just casual? Wedding dress and all suited and booted

UK reception? Yes indeed the moth before we left we had a reception in the UK for friends and family

Flashes anyone?

106 replies

Latest activity by axton213, 13 of November of 2015 at 08:20
  • S
    Beginner October 2016
    silverstephy ·
    • Hide content

Morning beautiful Vegas brides!

My fiance and I absolutely love Vegas and always have a blast when we go. We got engaged in Vegas last year and it just feels natural to jet off and have the fun with our close friends and family.

We're getting married at Chapel of Flowers in their Victorian chapel, its beautiful! I'll be wearing a proper wedding dress, and fiance will be wearing waist coat with a dickie bow and braces. Then we'll all be going off to the mirage for a massive all you can eat buffet, out for drinks then probably finishing up back in our quite at the cosmopolitan hotel for more drinks on our balcony overlooking the bellagio fountains. We're also going to the grand canyon with all our guests although that will be a couple of days after the wedding.

Then back to the UK for a vintage rock n roll reception.

Can't wait!

Xxx

• S
    Beginner October 2016
    silverstephy ·
    • Hide content

Me again! Completely forgot to say, we will be having a limo strip photo tour for hubby and I after the ceremony, but someone in the other thread said they organised one for their whole wedding party. What a fantastic idea! I wondered how much this cost and who it was booked with?

Xxx

• ☆♡☆VegasBride☆♡☆
    Beginner August 2014
    ☆♡☆VegasBride☆♡☆ ·
    • Hide content

Twas me ☺ I booked with presidential limos and it was $175 we really enjoyed it got loads of fab photos too xx

• Z
    Beginner September 2015
    Zozo222 ·
    • Hide content

Hi girls, thank you for starting this thread VegasBrideBecca! so here goes;

why? we were originally discussing Italy and sat on the sofa one night as a total joke I said we could do Vegas, having been the prior year and loved it. We just looked at each other and after initially laughing said well we could... We discussed it was parents and they were all up for it so here we are now with it all booked!

where? we marry in the Eiffel Tower Restaurant, it the second floor of the Eiffel Tower with views over the strip, we have our ceremony, cocktail hour and reception there from 3pm to 8pm, 8pm to 10pm we are doing a strip tour with all our guests then we'll be going on to somewhere else to party the night away, just not sure where yet...

Dress? Yes I'll be in wedding dress, groom and majority of the men in kilts, bridesmaid in bridesmaid dress, strict dress cope at the venue normally so it'll be formal.

UK Reception? Yes, a couple of weeks after getting back we have a local hotel booked with band for evening reception.

No flashes for me as it's not happened yet - roll on September!!

Are you all havering hen and stag nights in Vegas?

Any other plans for while you are there?

what hotel are you staying at?

And are you going anywhere else after for honeymoon?

• Z
    Beginner September 2015
    Zozo222 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

We've also booked this for all our guests, there will be 26 of us and for the limo and wedding photographer for 2 hours it's cost just under £500 - depending on exchange rates! We've booked the following;

Mega Stretch SUV: $200 per hour (Hummer Daddy)

http://www.ntslimo.com/lang/en-us/vehicles-2/hummer-daddy-limo-33-pass/
    Todd of Bentley Wilson photography - $348 for 2 hours
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Bently-and-Wilson-Photography/200593056618816
    hope that helps Smiley smile

• Z
    Beginner September 2015
    Zozo222 ·
    • Hide content

Sorry for the bombardment of posts... Have you girls all discovered this local wedding forum - I've found it invaluable in planning our wedding;

http://forums.theknot.com/categories/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas

• ☆♡☆VegasBride☆♡☆
    Beginner August 2014
    ☆♡☆VegasBride☆♡☆ ·
    • Hide content

Zozo i did look at that site but didn't find it very useful but it was over a year ago now i was booking stuff!

i had my hen before we went but had a small hen with the girls and then the night before the wedding too which was a disaster!! hub had a stag do there which he loved!! typical guys night me thinks!

Any other plans for while you are there? just the usual vegasy stuff gambling shows and shopping is pretty much all we did...oh and a tour through the worlds of hotels thanks too my mum...was meant to last 2 hours...6 hours later!

i had my hen before we went but had a small hen with the girls and then the night before the wedding too which was a disaster!! hub had a stag do there which he loved!! typical guys night me thinks!

Any other plans for while you are there? just the usual vegasy stuff gambling shows and shopping is pretty much all we did...oh and a tour through the worlds of hotels thanks too my mum...was meant to last 2 hours...6 hours later!

what hotel are you staying at? Flamingo we a deluxe room it was great!

And are you going anywhere else after for honeymoon? we saved money by getting married in Vegas and travelled through LA San Fransico Hawaii Dallas Memphis Miami Orlando Chicago DC Philadelphia Niagara Boston Salem and NY

what about yourself? x

• Z
    Beginner September 2015
    Zozo222 ·
    • Hide content

Sorry to hear about your hen do - why was it a disaster? I was thinking about maybe a relaxed day in a cabana round the pool in the day, then night out in New York New York as it has lots of fun bars there and if we make it that far maybe to the Voodoo rooms at the Rio. But that may all change!!

we were thinking about doing Michael Jackson's show at the Mirage the night before the wedding - nice low key and early night that night!! We will let everyone know we'll be going if they want to join us, but other than that the same as you - just having Vegas fun!! I assume you're not recommending the worlds of hotels tour then?!

we have a one bed suite at the Elara booked, we stayed there last time and could not fault it, rooms and view were stunning and great location, although it's fully cancellable right up until we go so if we find a good deal elsewhere, our hotel may change yet!!

we are also travelling around a bit but nothing as exciting as your trip!! We have a week in San Fran before Vegas and a week in Mexico after for Honeymoon.

oh just cannot wait now!!!

• ☆♡☆VegasBride☆♡☆
    Beginner August 2014
    ☆♡☆VegasBride☆♡☆ ·
    • Hide content

When your in san fran go too Mrs Doubtfires house!!

The first night with all of the girls everyone was inbm bed by 12 vegas got too them early which suited me as i could gamble alone lol! But the night before the wedding me my bm and moh went out (backstory my moh is desperate to get married and have kids yet goes from relationship to relationship) so had been saying how she wanted to meet someone special (again) we went to a burlesque show which was fab then the out door disco where she preceeded too snog a married man all night which miffed me as it was meant to be a girls night..so anyway i decided i wanted too leave and we had a row which ended in me saying let's just forget all this go to bed tmrs another day yet she carried on which ended up in husband and brother getting involved we agreed too go to the room and talk just me her and my bm outside my room she kicked off again and actually screamed in my face i hope you have a sh!t wedding and your marriage dont last! I burst into tears and me and bm went too my room she called husband and brother who came up with that moh knocks on the door demanding her case i told my brother to get it for her and she said too him well it should be me not her! Didn't hear from her rest of that night day of wedding i couldnt be bothered too argue so she came up and got ready with us with her offering a quick apology and that's it. Now I'm home things just arent the same and i dont know what to do.

I feel like now i know how she really feels. And i have been with my husband for 10 years engaged for 6 and it hasnt been am easy road for us we have really worked to be where we are today and she knows that, its not like i just met him

Sorry too go on!

Def reccomend the world of hotels just not with my mum haha! Also check out the chandelier lounge at the cosmopolitan and we saw Penn and Teller show at the rio was fab! X

• Z
    Beginner September 2015
    Zozo222 ·
    • Hide content

Oh gosh... Sounds like an awful night, sounds like your MOH was very selfish, as you say it was supposed to be a girls night and being with a married man the night before your wedding in front of you was hardly the done thing (or any night for that matter!). Sorry to hear this, must have put a downer on things for you, I hope it didn't spoil your big day Smiley sad

I didn't realise Mrs Doubtfires house was in San Fran, I'll go have a wee google of that now...

how many did you have with you for the strip tour and what stops did you do? We will def do welcome to Vegas sign but nothing else decided - I'm a bit worried about keeping everyone together, especially as they'll have been lots of drinking by that point! Did yours go to plan?

• ☆♡☆VegasBride☆♡☆
    Beginner August 2014
    ☆♡☆VegasBride☆♡☆ ·
    • Hide content

Nah i didnt let it get me down the word had spread so everyone knew what had happened after the vows i kinda blanked her and let her get on with it! Just a shame things are still weird now!

We went from the chapel to the las vegas sign all 15 of us which is a bit out the way and then into the chandelier lounge by that time is was gone 9 people started too leave around 11 and wander off which was nice gave everyone a bit of alone time and ended up being about half of us wondering around vegas which was so much fun!!

Also in San Fran depending on how into films you are which we are we did a movie tour took us too mrs doubtfires, party of 5, bullet and some others was alot of fun!

• S
    Beginner October 2016
    silverstephy ·
    • Hide content

Oh my gosh I'm so sorry to hear about your hen do being spoiled like that. That's horrible. Hope you still had the best day of your life on your wedding day and it wasn't overshadowed by it.

Thanks for the tips on the strip tour photographer. We can arrange it through our uk wedding travel company but I think I'd quite like to explore other options myself before I commit.

We're going on honeymoon to Japan the march following the wedding in October just in time to catch the cherry blossoms in bloom. San fran is incredible you will have a blast!

Xxx

• V
    Beginner September 2015
    VegasBride2015 ·
    • Hide content

Thanks for starting this post - what a great idea & good to know we arent alone!

We have never been to Vegas before but I always fancied getting married there...thankfully OH felt the same lol

We are getting married in September in Chapel of the Flowers ( La Capella Chapel ). I will be in proper wedding dress. OH, his brother, best man & my dad will be in kilts. I am not having a bridesmaid. We started with only 6 of us going but people have surprised us by being up for it and booking. We are now up to 15 of us!

We are staying at the MGM Grand ( Tower Spa Suite ) for 4 nights then off to Orlando for 10 nights on honeymoon.

The night before wedding we are thinking of booking a limo strip tour for everyone. i have priced with Presidential Limos as have read good reviews. after the ceremony thinking of going to The Cheesecake Factory for a relaxed meal. later that night my parents have booked a helicopter strip tournfor us both ourselves. After this we would rejoin everybody on the strip for some drinks and gambling....well it would be rude not too in Vegas haha

I am having my hen night in town at home the week before we go. OH will also be having his stag here before we go

its great to hear everybody elses plans and get some new ideas, especially since we have never been before!

• ☆♡☆VegasBride☆♡☆
    Beginner August 2014
    ☆♡☆VegasBride☆♡☆ ·
    • Hide content

That sounds great, fab that so many people are going!! have you looked at the strip? the MGM is quite far down but looks lovely!

We had planned too make it too the grand canyon but never made it..totally blaming the drinking and gambling haha!!

where are you staying in Orlando? Disney?

• V
    Beginner September 2015
    VegasBride2015 ·
    • Hide content

I think MGM is at total opposite end from the chapel i know that much but least we have limos picking us up lol

we have hired a villa in orlando . Done it once before and having your own private pool is too good to go back to a hotel!

• V
    Beginner September 2015
    VegasBride2015 ·
    • Hide content

@vegasbridebecca14 i see younalso booked presidential limos - do you recommend the tour with them? How many of you were on the tour?

• ☆♡☆VegasBride☆♡☆
    Beginner August 2014
    ☆♡☆VegasBride☆♡☆ ·
    • Hide content

OMG i actually just checked at it was nts limos ? i remember looking at presidential but had no luck with them they took ages to email me back with any quotes or help....however i can hugely recommend NTS limos the guy was great let us play a cd we had made of our wedding music and other songs and had no problem stopping when we asked him too!

are you having a mua? x

• S
    Beginner October 2016
    silverstephy ·
    • Hide content

Oooh what a fantastic idea to organise a limo strip tour for the guests the night before. I might pinch that one! I'm going to have a look at nta and presidential today. Thanks so much ladies!

Xxx

• ☆♡☆VegasBride☆♡☆
    Beginner August 2014
    ☆♡☆VegasBride☆♡☆ ·
    • Hide content

Brilliant let us know how you get on, also in the cosmo hotel there is a chandelier cocktail lounge it's so cool we went there after the ceremony xx

• S
    Beginner October 2016
    silverstephy ·
    • Hide content

I will do thanks hun! We're actually staying at the cosmopolitan so that might be another fantastic idea. We're going to the mirage for an all you can eat buffet after the ceremony (and after our strip photo tour) so our guests could possibly chill out there with some cocktails while they wait for us, then back there after the meal for more cocktails before we hit the strip for some gambling! Is the cosmo cocktail lounge expensive? Xxx

• V
    Beginner September 2015
    VegasBride2015 ·
    • Hide content

Oh i like the idea of being able to play your own cd in the limo - thanks I will go check out their limo company as well!!

I had been planning on booking the limo tour of the strip for after the ceremony but the OH thought this might be a bit too much with having a meal as well he didnt want everybody to feel rushed. So it was his idea for the night before and means everybody can have a few drinks and a good laugh on our way round the sites. Everybody who is going dont necessarily know each other so will be a good way to break the ice as well I think for everybody to be together x

• S
    Beginner October 2016
    silverstephy ·
    • Hide content

I think it's a fantastic idea. It'll be so much fun and everyone can see Vegas lit up at night in style! How long are you booking the limo for? Will they wait for you if you want to go into a bar for a few drinks or something?

Xxx

• V
    Beginner September 2015
    VegasBride2015 ·
    • Hide content

Https://www.presidentiallimolv.com/vegas_tours/ultra-strip-limo-tour/

Hopefully that link works @silverstephy This was the one I have been looking at - You get picked up around 7.30pm and its 3.5 hours. You stop at the Las Vegas sign, Bellagio fountains, mirage volcano and a Freemont Street experience. The limo stops so you can get out and explore and waits for you. I am assuming the driver would tell you how long you have to spend at each place. You can also take your own drink in to the limo with you ( this part appealed haha ) They have different prices for different sizes of limos - depending on how many guests you have with you but the prices and sizes etc are all clearly stated on their website x

• ☆♡☆VegasBride☆♡☆
    Beginner August 2014
    ☆♡☆VegasBride☆♡☆ ·
    • Hide content

That sounds fab!! The lounge is like $8-$16 I think although I was very drunk! They do some amazing ones tho like a smores one and a flower one where you eat the flower and I just remembered NYNY has fab chocolate cocktail bar it's hersheys but tastes nothing like it thank god xx

• V
    Beginner September 2015
    VegasBride2015 ·
    • Hide content

VegasBrideBecca14 can i just say saw the pic of ur dress on another post and your dress & belt were gorgeous! X

• ☆♡☆VegasBride☆♡☆
    Beginner August 2014
    ☆♡☆VegasBride☆♡☆ ·
    • Hide content

Ah thank you i love it but don't know what to do with it now apart from dress up like Ms Havisham for every Halloween. Have you got yours? worried about the vegas heat in it? and shoes? xx

• V
    Beginner September 2015
    VegasBride2015 ·
    • Hide content

People are already asking me if I am going to sell my dress when I get back! hey! let me at least get it first!! I could never dream of selling it so like you I may just play dress up every now and again once the big day is over lol

I was actually shocked & surprised at how heavy wedding dresses actually are when I went on my first shopping day! So, I definitely took that in to consideration when picking my dress as I didn't want it to be too heavy / hot in the vegas heat! I have picked a dress with tulle at the bottom instead. Although it is a bit bigger than my original idea I had for a dress at least I know it is light and I shouldn't be too hot...hopefully!! I would really like to keep the dress on all day & night - don't know if that will look a bit bonkers walking around the strip all night but hey we only get one day to wear it right?!

• ☆♡☆VegasBride☆♡☆
    Beginner August 2014
    ☆♡☆VegasBride☆♡☆ ·
    • Hide content

Its Vegas you will look normal compared too all the other unique people it has too offer!! How are you getting it there? Hand luggage?x

• V
    Beginner September 2015
    VegasBride2015 ·
    • Hide content

Lol thats what i'm hoping anyway! I was gonna buy one of those dress boxes but the dress shop actually suggested putting it in one of the small suitcases as more protection. I will just take that on as my hand luggage. I dont think i could cope with the worry on a 10 hour flight that it wasny gonna arrive at the other end if put it in hold!

• ☆♡☆VegasBride☆♡☆
    Beginner August 2014
    ☆♡☆VegasBride☆♡☆ ·
    • Hide content

Thats a good idea, wish i had thought of that, i got a wedding box the air steward was great and put it in the staff area for me and then brought it back to me after we landed I didn't have too chase her or anything which is good as i got legless on the flight by accident and almost forgot my handbag so i dread too think! x

• V
    Beginner September 2015
    VegasBride2015 ·
    • Hide content

Oh i laughed out loud there....i plan on a few "refreshments" to celebrate on the way over too so i musnt forget the case!!

• ☆♡☆VegasBride☆♡☆
    Beginner August 2014
    ☆♡☆VegasBride☆♡☆ ·
    • Hide content

It was so bad I'm only a social drinker anyway so maybe once a month if that!

Airport lounge...oh 1 too celebrate

plane..Its free okay a cocktail to celebrate..h2b fell asleep well i might as well have another one whilst I'm watching captain america 2...oh sorry am i shouting at the tv..well i might as well have a few more too try and sleep it might knock me out.

landing..h2b i dont feel too good...it might be your head..no its deco my stomach..i was chucking up during landing and absolutely STANK of booze crashed out when we got too hotel...

Not my finest hour and H told everyone its now a running joke as I'm not even a drinker..this must be why.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics