Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

J
Beginner April 2015

Stag weekend idea

Jbailey, 14 of February of 2014 at 20:53 Posted on Planning 0 15

As me and the wife to be are making plans for our wedding next year. One of the things I've been given the responsibility of planning is my stag party/ weekend.

I'm not much of a heavy drinker so didn't really fancy a one big night out type thing. Was thinking more along the lines of some kind of adventure weekend, including things like go karting or paintball etc.

Was hoping to get a few more ideas about what other ideas are out there? Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

15 replies

Latest activity by ShaneA, 28 of April of 2014 at 14:20
  • NYCBride
    Beginner September 2014
    NYCBride ·
    • Hide content

Have you seen the Zombie City Games like 2.8 Hours later https://8hourslater.com/ ?

I think this looks like a perfect Stag activity. Obviously it depends on when your Stag is and where you're willing to travel.

• J
    Beginner April 2015
    Jbailey ·
    • Hide content

Thanks, that's great. I hadn't thought of that.

• broganj
    Dedicated January 2017
    broganj ·
    • Hide content

My fiancé wants to spend a day driving around Brands Hatch racetrack with his friends for his stag do.

• M
    Beginner May 2014
    Muppet ·
    • Hide content

Camping? Or a race day? Go-Karting, skiing/snow boarding at Milton Keynes.

• Chucklevision
    Beginner July 2015
    Chucklevision ·
    • Hide content

Zombie boot camp. They teach you how to use riot gear & then you face zombies. My OH did it recently & had a blast but said you need to be reasonably fit.

• J
    Beginner April 2015
    Jbailey ·
    • Hide content

Thanks everyone, that gives me some ideas to get started.

Really like the zombie camp idea will look into it all a bit more.

• W
    Beginner December 2015
    weddingspy27 ·
    • Hide content

I just bumped in to get some tips ? Thanks for the tips ??

• Chucklevision
    Beginner July 2015
    Chucklevision ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Company I booked it from was wish.co.uk/zombie-boot-camp. Its near Birmingham.

• pammy67
    Beginner April 2015
    pammy67 ·
    • Hide content

Depends what your interests are etc. my htb is thinking of going to somewhere like Castletown for a couple of nights and days. During the days they'll do lots of walking then have a steady evening in the pub with a pub meal.

If you like adventure type stuff, you could try somewhere like xscape and go snowboarding, laser questing, ten pin bowling etc. how about rock climbing? There's loads. Just depends what you like doing.

• F
    fabric ·
    • Hide content

We did Newcastle over two nights. one in usual togs, one wearing animal themed onezies. Had a great time and drank ourselves sober on the Saturday night and totally missed out on strippers Smiley sad

Sat AM was paintball for 1/2 a day - sounds like not a long time. believe me when your the groom it is. i actually had to spend the day wearing a bullseye lol

Lots of people wussed out on Saturday night having drunk too much on Friday - we left them in the hotel loosers lol

• W
    Beginner December 2015
    weddingspy27 ·
    • Hide content

@fabric:

I'd rather miss the drink than the strippers lol - of course that's a joke. For i don't wnt to miss both LOL (louder)

• I-go-by-many-names
    Super April 2015
    I-go-by-many-names ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

#everydaysexism

• T
    Beginner
    ToddMills ·
    • Hide content

The ideas given here all seems great. My brother threw a zombie themed stag party and it was the best party I had ever attended. Of course he had full support of his event planning service group who did a great job of organizing the party. I would definitely vouch for it.

• R
    ratha ·
    • Hide content

Does anyone like the idea of a golfing stag weekend in Scotland? few rounds of golf, food, drink and nice place to stay up in Edinburgh/Scotland. Could be a shout?

• S
    Beginner
    ShaneA ·
    • Hide content

I had my stag do last Saturday and I'm not really a drinker by any means so instead we started with breakfast for Me, the best man, the dads & the usher then met up with rest of the group to do some driving & shooting, then went for a pub lunch, went back got showered & changed then got a minibus to a kickboxing/boxing night where we had a ringside table with abit of food and had few drinks there. Was much better IMO as it was alot more interesting than just a pub crawl

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics