Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Liverbird
Beginner August 2012

Gratuitous Friday *flash*!

Liverbird, 8 of April of 2011 at 15:20 Posted on Planning 0 25

To while away a boring afternoon at work I thought I'd flash you lovely lot all our plans/purchases so far:

My dress, shoes and tiara:

Bridesmaid and flowergirl dresses:

OH's suit:

Church and reception:

Our flowers will be along these lines - dahlias, roses, astrantia, all in pinks:

and a few decor bits and pieces, bowls for sweets/mints/chocolates:

Fabric for tablecloths:

Homemade bunting, ring pillow and some of the lanterns/paper decs we will use for the ceiling:

Picture frame charm with pic of my mum for my bouquet:

Card box and wooden letter 'sign' (still need to decide whether to paint them or not):

Mock up of our table names (named after WWII planes - OH's input!) - think I will swop the cheap printer paper for nice pale blue card though! (Obviously they will also have the names on!!)

Glassine bags and round labels for confetti:

Handmade garter (you can't see very well but it's navy silk, I think I might change the bow or leave it off altogether):

Obligatory free Vistaprint t-shirt, lol - for my sister who will be my bridesmaid - need to order another for me!:

Glass urn dispenser thingy for our bar:

VERY rough invite mock up - please be gentle! I was trying to decide what kind of stitching to use, hence all the holes from experimenting! Heart & text needs to be centred more too:

Cake topper (we're having a round plain white iced 3 tier cake with grosgrain ribbons in our colours wrapped around the base of each tier and these letters on the top!):

Uh, I think that's it so far! Still lots of progress to be made!

25 replies

Latest activity by MissTtoMrsB, 9 of May of 2011 at 12:39
  • Naboo
    Beginner
    Naboo ·
    • Hide content

Wow all looks fab, we are having the bunting and paper lanterns too but our are all white

• M
    Beginner May 2014
    maybride2014 ·
    • Hide content

I love the suitcase for the cards idea - where did you get your letters from?

My wedding isn't until 2014 but i'm always on the hunt for the personal touch ideas and put them in my scrap book Smiley smile

• AmnesiaCustard
    Beginner June 2011
    AmnesiaCustard ·
    • Hide content

It all looks lovely. I like the "cards" unpainted.

I have those shoes but in taupe - aren't they comfortable without looking clumpy??

• Kooks
    Beginner September 2011
    Kooks ·
    • Hide content

I think it all looks lovely - I really like all the little personal touches and it'll tie in well together

Your invites are fab - you should be proud of them!

Can I ask where the paper lantern is from that you flashed please?

• Liverbird
    Beginner August 2012
    Liverbird ·
    • Hide content

Letters were from here: https://www.inf.co.uk/infinite/Info_RLQPMS-TIN.html

It was £5.49 for 5 letters and P&P, I think we had the Cooper Black font?

• Liverbird
    Beginner August 2012
    Liverbird ·
    • Hide content

My sister prefers them unpainted too, but I think they look a too rough around the edges close up? Still I doubt anyone will look that closely!

I ❤️ the shoes! It took me ages to find some as I'm really not a heels person so I needed something that I could manage to walk in plus I really wanted blue ones too!

• Liverbird
    Beginner August 2012
    Liverbird ·
    • Hide content

Thank you ?

Paper lantern is from Homebase a few weeks ago, they were reduced at the time and I think they were about £1.50 per 30cm lantern?

• Liverbird
    Beginner August 2012
    Liverbird ·
    • Hide content

D'oh just realised I never quoted in any of those replies! Hopefully you can all figure out who I'm replying to!

• MrsL'Cham2be
    Beginner October 2011
    MrsL'Cham2be ·
    • Hide content

I like your ideas, they all look very personal and quirky. Your invites are very nice.

• Vikster79
    Beginner July 2011
    Vikster79 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Are they free standing letters? Just searching for some myself.

• Liverbird
    Beginner August 2012
    Liverbird ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

They're 6mm thick, I think they would stand up on their own but not if someone knocked against the table they were on, if you see what I mean!

• Random Name
    Random Name ·
    • Hide content

Love the ideas!

Where are the suits from if you dont mind?

I really like the pic of your Mum. I may do the same for my Nan & Uncle

• Liverbird
    Beginner August 2012
    Liverbird ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Suits are from good old M&S! This one: http://www.marksandspencer.com/Autograph-Single-Breasted-Button-Jacket/dp/B0035RI7UU?ie=UTF8&ref=sr_1_6&nodeId=475002031&sr=1-6&qid=1302276306&pf_rd_r=17BBKHEVBD1W925JPCFR&pf_rd_m=A2BO0OYVBKIQJM&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_i=475002031&pf_rd_p=215570647&pf_rd_s=related-items-3

Photo charm was from AristoCrafty on Etsy, think it worked about about £5-7 for charm, custom photo printing (optional but cos it's tiny I didn't fancy resizing it myself!) and P&P (https://www.etsy.com/shop/AristoCrafty?ref=pr_shop). Thoroughly recommend her!

• L
    Beginner June 2012
    Lindz86 ·
    • Hide content

I love your dress, do you mind me asking, Who is the designer? I also love the colour blue you have gone for, however I am biased as our bridesmaid dresses are going to be this shade of blue too!

• L
    Beginner April 2011
    loopyjennie ·
    • Hide content

It all looks fab..

• T
    Beginner July 2013
    Tracyxx ·
    • Hide content

I love your card case idea (they look good unpainted!) and your dress is beautiful!

• HayleyMay
    Beginner September 2012
    HayleyMay ·
    • Hide content

Lovely invites, and love the OH suit. Really nice theme you've got! Looking forward to the report already!

• Tracey86
    Beginner October 2012
    Tracey86 ·
    • Hide content

Everything is lovely individually but when its all put together on your big day, it will be sensational! Your dress is really stunning!

x

• knitting_vixen
    Beginner September 2011
    knitting_vixen ·
    • Hide content

Love your ideas, my fave is your card suitcase which I am sooooo stealing!

Was going to buy one but my Mum has said that she has an old suitcase I can use- winner! Want to order the letters now, do you mind me asking which size you went for?

Your letters look great unpainted, if you think they look bad close up, paint them a pale colour (the contrast is good as your suitcase is a darkish colour).

• *Bea*
    Beginner October 2011
    *Bea* ·
    • Hide content

Looks really good , i am bursting to know where you got your glass drinks dispenser from though i have been looking for one for ages.... ????

• Liverbird
    Beginner August 2012
    Liverbird ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

It's a Maggie Sottero dress called 'Shannon' but it's discontinued now unfortunately, I brought it a year and a half ago!

• Liverbird
    Beginner August 2012
    Liverbird ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Steal away! ? I can't take any credit for it as I nabbed it off a wedding blog myself, lol. Just checked, we got the 10cm letters though as you can see, they overlap a little - so you could probably get away with the 8cm ones, depending on the size of your suitcase of course.

Yeah I think I might do that, I was going to paint them pink originally but I think that will be too matchy matchy now - but I do have some chalky white emulsion in the garage leftover from doing our dining room which would probably work.

• Liverbird
    Beginner August 2012
    Liverbird ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

It's from a seller called widers97 on ebay, I paid £35 plus £5 p&p, so not cheap but this one was bigger than some of the other versions I've seen - it holds 3 gallons. Just checked and he's listed some more, though he seems to have put the price up slightly! http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Pimms-Jug-Beverage-Dispenser-JAR-11-litre-glass-/330543426675?pt=UK_BOI_Restaurant_RL&hash=item4cf5ec6c73

Alternatively, are you anywhere near Oxfordshire?! We don't get married til August 2012 so it will just being sitting boxed up in the loft until then!

• knitting_vixen
    Beginner September 2011
    knitting_vixen ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thanks!

Chalky white sounds lovely.

My case is cream so I will be making my letters coloured. I thought that I would glue vintage fabric over each letter.

• MissTtoMrsB
    Beginner August 2012
    MissTtoMrsB ·
    • Hide content

Liverbird - Hope you dont mind me asking but where did you get the photo frame charm?

I thought i might have a picture of my mum and sister who are no longer with us, in my bouquet but have no idea where to get the little frame charms.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics