• Manage your budget plan icon
    Budget close icon
    Manage your budget plan icon You are currently on budget !

My budget: 10000

My Cost so far: 7,800

Create a free budget plan to organise your finances!

• Manage your budget
    • Keep track of your spending
    bottom arrow icon
    Manage my Budget
  • Manage your to-do list icon
    Budget close icon
    Manage your to-do list icon You have 0 outstanding tasks!
    Tasks Complete: 32 Tasks Outstanding: 0

Create a free personalised to-do list to help make your planning easy and fun!

• Free step-by-step plan and time-line
    • Fun and manageable task list
    Manage my To-Do List Bottom arrow icon
  • New competitions to enter icon
    Budget close icon
    You have not entered any competitions

Make sure you check back regularly as we are always adding new competitions.

View Competitions Page Bottom arrow icon
hide
down arrow icon

Fertomid-50 clomid

flumps
Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
Sort Posts:
  • Fertomid-50 clomid

• milo
    • Joined on 3 Apr 2008
    • United Kingdom

Hi Everyone

I have just been prescribed Fertomid-50 for 3 months to increase my chances of conceiving, I was interested to know how quickly people fell pregnant after using the drug?  Also who has conceived twins as a result of the drug, im scared silly im going to have twins ?

ta

PetalIndifferent

LovePetal

Locked Contact
  • Re: Fertomid-50 clomid

• Sharrington
    • Joined on 23 Jul 2005
    • Small sofa in the sitting room opposite the window

I've heard of Clomid, but I haven't heard of Fertomid-50 so I can't really help you with that..

Oh and don't be scared of twins. They are the best!  (I had my twins via ICSI)

x

Identical Twins David and Joseph 16/3/09

www.usborneonline.org/sharon

Locked Contact

• Sharrington
    • Joined on 23 Jul 2005
    • Small sofa in the sitting room opposite the window

Ok, just googled Fertomid and it's clomid.

Right, well I had 3 cycles of clomid. It didn't work for me. It has worked for others on the board though. I suffered with migraines, hotflushes and mood swings on it, so my consultant changed drugs and put me on Tamoxifen. I did conceive on that but sadly it was a biochemical pregnancy. At that time, we didn't know that I had other issues which impede implantation etc.

Good luck, I hope it does the trick for you.

x

PS I know people who have conceived on clomid, but I don't know any who conceived twins on it. HTH.

x

Identical Twins David and Joseph 16/3/09

www.usborneonline.org/sharon

Locked Contact

• milo
    • Joined on 3 Apr 2008
    • United Kingdom

Thanks for the feedback, I have used one cycle already with no symptons so that was good.  Im just hoping this works.

LovePetal

Locked Contact

• flumps
    • Joined on 22 Aug 2006
    • United Kingdom

Hi Milo,

I was prescribed clomid to help me to concieve, I was very lucky to fall pregnant on the second cycle with TWINS!

But I can only echo what Sharrington says twins are great please dont be scared of them, yes they are hard work but they are so worth the hard work.

Good luck with your journey I look forward to seeing your BFP announcement very soon.

xx

Locked Contact

I have two clomid babies, had no side effects on the drug at all.  First round, took around 6 months on 50mgIIRC with no BFP then increased to 100mg and got BFP first month.  Second time, got BFP on first month on 50mg.

Good Luck!

Babydust

Baby girl - May 07

Baby girl - August 09

Locked Contact

• cocoloco
    • Joined on 28 Feb 2005
    • United Kingdom

I've got a 3 year old who was conceived using Clomid after the 6th cycle - 3 months at 50mg, then 3 of 100mg. Recently prescribed 100mg for 3 months to start with, but haven't even opened the packet, got a BFP yesterday whilst waiting for AF to arrive to start the medication! 

Don't seem to remember any nasty side effects of the drug, but I did have really really really bad morning sickness and don't know if it was to do with the extra hormones from the medication.....perhaps I will find out this time!! 

Baby girl Ruby - born 31 August 2006

Baby girl Lana - born 25 September 2010

Locked Contact

• cocoloco
    • Joined on 28 Feb 2005
    • United Kingdom

I've got a 3 year old who was conceived using Clomid after the 6th cycle - 3 months at 50mg, then 3 of 100mg. Recently prescribed 100mg for 3 months to start with, but haven't even opened the packet, got a BFP yesterday whilst waiting for AF to arrive to start the medication! 

Don't seem to remember any nasty side effects of the drug, but I did have really really really bad morning sickness and don't know if it was to do with the extra hormones from the medication.....perhaps I will find out this time!! 

Hope it works for you

(I secretly hoped that I would conceive twins!  I think the medication increases your chances by 11% of having twins but I don't know anyone IRL who has twins through taking Clomid)

Baby girl Ruby - born 31 August 2006

Baby girl Lana - born 25 September 2010

Locked Contact

• superted
    • Joined on 8 Aug 2006
    • United Kingdom

I conceived on clomid, on the second cycle, after trying for two years.  No twins, even though it's due under the gemini sign!  On the first cycle I felt sick for a day on the last day of taking the tablets, but no side effects on the second cycle.

Good luck!  Hope it works well for you too.

x

Locked Contact
Return to: Baby Talk
Page 1 of 1 (9 items)