Wedding Venue Checklist
When you are trying to select a venue for your wedding, forgetting to ask a important question could mean you end up selecting a venue that is missing a key element.
To save this from happening, we have designed the following guide to help you select your venue. Whilst you may not think that all the question are relevent to you, we would suggest you try and answer as many of them as possible. Your circumstances may change and question that seem unimportant now may prove to be very important when your big day comes.
Questions to Ask Your Venue
- Is your venue available on the required date?
- Is your venue easy to find?
- Is your venue licensed to carry out civil weddings?
- If you do hold a licence for civil ceremonies, what authority do you come under and can you supply names and contact details for the registrar?
- How many people can you accommodate?
- How many car parking spaces are available?
- Do you allow confetti to be thrown at the venue?
- Do you allow candles to be lit in the reception room?
- Do you have a noise limiter fitted or can we turn the music all the way up?
- Are there any bedrooms over the dance floor?
- Do you allow professional firework displays at your venue?
- Do you have landing permission should we want a helicopter to whisk us away after the evening reception?
- Do you offer the option of a marquee?
- Are there separate rooms provided for the wedding, reception, meal, evening reception, etc?
- Is there a room provided for the use of "bride and groom" for the day?
- Is there a dressing room that the bride and bridesmaids can use prior to the ceremony?
- When can we have access to begin setting up the room in terms of decorating it with balloons, flowers, banners, etc? (Morning of wedding, day before, etc?)
- If the evening reception is being held in a room that is being used for something else earlier in the day, do you require the DJ/Band to set-up their equipment beforehand?
- Is there an area that could be used as a crèche if needed?
- Is there a quieter area for older guests to get away from the noise of a band/DJ?
- If rooms are available for overnight accommodation, how many?
- What are the costs for overnight accommodation?
- Is breakfast included?
- What is the checkout time the following day?
- Do you have a room where you are able to store wedding presents until you are able to collect them and are you insured for any loss or damage to these presents?
- Do you insist on doing all the catering?
- Can you supply examples of suggested menus along with prices?
- Do you include a cake stand and knife if required?
- Do you have a preferred order of service (when and where do we cut the cake)?
- What time do you offer an alcohol license until?
- What time do you insist the reception finishes by?
- Do you insist on supplying the wine and champagne?
- If we are able to supply the wine, what do you charge for corkage?
- Can you recommend a company to supply our wedding cake?