The Island is the perfect setting for a truly unique wedding. The private island is available for exclusive use, giving you the chance to enjoy a personal celebration in stunning surroundings.
Located in area of outstanding natural beauty; the island sits in The River Great Ouse, with impressive views of Portholme - one of Europe’s largest water meadows. The picturesque surroundings provide the prettiest backdrop for your celebration, and plenty of opportunities for your wedding photos!
Whilst full of untouched, natural beauty, the island has all the facilities you will need for your wedding, including mains electricity, running water and luxury toilets.
The Island is available to hire for a six-day period, giving you plenty of time to set-up before your wedding day.
Whilst the blank canvas venue gives you the freedom and flexibility to create the space you want, you can also benefit from help and advice from the team, who will coordinate the day to ensure it runs smoothly.
They have a list of recommended suppliers you can call upon including tent and tipi suppliers and catering companies. There is no corkage fee, allowing you to bring in your own alcohol at no extra cost.
- Secluded river island available for private hire
- Exclusive use for a six-day period
- Facilities include running water, mains electricity and luxury toilets
- No corkage fee, allowing you to provide your own drinks
- Wedding day coordination included
- Beautiful views of the river and Portholme water meadow
- Civil Wedding/Celebrant Ceremony Option
Frequently Asked Questions
Venue Staff Assistance:
Island Hall PE29 2AQ Godmanchester (Cambridgeshire)