Wedding planning website hitched provides expert advice, tools and inspiration to help couples plan a perfect wedding. We have free resources, inspirational wedding dresses, a marketplace of wedding venues and wedding planning tools available to anyone getting married. As part of the creative industries, hitched believes in supporting new talent. That’s why we’ve created a bursary/scholarship to reward creative excellence among students.
We are pleased to offer the hitched Wedding Writing Scholarship application for 2017/18. This scholarship is open to students in the UK, US and Canada who have been accepted to study at a recognised higher education establishment. This bursary/scholarship of £700/US $1000 will be awarded to one student for the academic year of 2017/2018. The award will be paid in January 2018. While the bursary/scholarship is open to anyone embarking or enrolled on a higher education course, special consideration will be given to students pursuing a course in English/creative writing, journalism, fashion or design.
To enter, write a 600 word blog or article on any wedding topic you choose, with one or more images to accompany it. Remember to demonstrate your creativity and best writing skills. The winner will have their article published on hitched.co.uk.
This is an online-only bursary/scholarship application. The bursary/scholarship is judged on writing and academic achievement, but financial need may also be considered*. This will be judged by a panel from hitched. The panel’s decision is final.
The scholarship application must be submitted, in full, by 30 November 2017.
- LATE/INCOMPLETE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
- Applications for the bursary/scholarship can be submitted by any secondary school, sixth form, further education college, high school senior, high school college, undergraduate or graduate student nationwide in Canada, the United States of America or the United Kingdom.
- Applicant must be accepted, enrolled or due to be enrolled in a full time course.
- The successful applicant will be required to supply proof of address and course acceptance/enrolment.
- This scholarship is a one-time award worth $1000/£700.
- In cases of financial need, a student aid report or equivalent document, showing household income status will be required.
How to Apply
Step 1: Write a 600-800 word blog post about any wedding topic of your choosing. Pick something which demonstrates your writing capability and creativity.
Step 2: Fill out the Entry Form below. After that, share your blog with friends and family!
Step 3: hitched will evaluate both your blog post and the information contained within your application form. The successful applicant of the £700/$1000 scholarship will be announced on or after 15 December 2017.
Enter Your Details
See the hitched scholarship terms & conditions