We all know that the weather in the UK is totally unpredictable, but unlike the spring and summer, you may be more likely to experience rain or perhaps even snow on your wedding day during the autumn or winter months.
To ensure that you’re well prepared for rain, if it does happen to appear on your wedding day, wedding planner Aparna Manandhar from Thistle Marble Arch has put together her top tips to ensure that a downpour doesn’t dampen your special day!
With 36 hotels in the Thistle Hotel group, the wedding teams look after hundreds of weddings each year, giving them the experience to guide couples and guests on what to do should the rain start to pour. Aparna’s tips for rain-proofing your day are below.
- Make the rain work for you; have your wedding photographer take fabulous pictures using reflections in puddles and accessorise your bridesmaids with coloured umbrellas or wellies to brighten up your shots.
- Rainwear can be stylish; theme your umbrellas with the colour scheme of your wedding and ensure that you have enough umbrellas to go round, especially if you plan on having your guests walk anywhere outside, for example from the ceremony to the reception. Give your ushers the job of handing out umbrellas to guests if the rain does start to fall.
- Ensure you have a hair dryer, hair spray and makeup somewhere handy so that you can touch up if you do happen to get caught in a down-pour!
- Rain is supposed to be a sign of good luck on your wedding day, so take it as a sign of good things to come!
- If you’re happy on your wedding day then everything and everyone else will automatically brighten up, so keep sprits high!
If you’re looking for further advice on how to keep the rain away on your wedding day, read our article on 10 ways to waterproof your wedding in style!