If you’re wondering whether save the date cards are just another thing to add onto your wedding budget, then why not read our top 10 reason on why we think save the date cards are important to send.
As long as you’ve booked/reserved a wedding date for the future then there’s no reason as to why you shouldn’t send save the date cards to your friends, family and potential wedding guests.
Be inspired by our top 10 reasons on why you should send save the date cards:
1. Announce your engagement: Use save the date cards as a form of communication when it comes to announcing your engagement.
2. Introduce your wedding theme: Whether you’re having a glitz and glamour theme to your day or a nautical theme with blue and white stripes, be sure to introduce this theme on your save the date cards. Your guests will look forward to receiving your invitations featuring the same theme later down the line.
3. Show off your engagement shoot pictures: If you plan on sending personalised save the date cards then why not consider using one of the images from your engagement shoot. As long as you get clearance from your photographer or you own the copyright then you should be absolutely fine to do this.
4. Guarantee your guest list: By sending save the date cards in advance you’re pretty much guaranteeing that whoever you send them too should be able to attend your wedding when the big day finally arrives.
5. Time to save: If you’re getting married abroad and have booked your wedding date well in advance then be sure to send your save the date cards out as soon as possible. Guests attending an overseas wedding may need time to save up — or book their flight tickets to your wedding; the sooner you spread the word, the better!
6. Give yourselves flexibility: Send save the date cards to your potential day/evening guest list, giving you flexibility to invite them to your day or evening reception nearer the time.
7. It will feel more real: Sending your save the date cards will make your wedding seem all that more real — and exciting!
8. Communicate: Use your save the date cards as a great way to communicate certain aspect of your day. This is a great tool if you’ve set up a wedding website or you want to share details of certain wedding apps (like hitched App for Wedding Guests) that your guests should download in advance. This is also a great idea if you’ve got a wedding hashtag to use on Twitter or a dedicated wedding Facebook page for your guests to interact on.
9. Keep in touch: Don’t forget to include your contact details on your save the date cards so that your guests can keep in touch and enjoy the run up to your wedding with you!
10. Create a buzz: Your wedding guests will feel a buzz of excitement amongst them after having received your save the date cards. Enjoy the moment and prepare for exciting phone calls and texts from the receivers of your postal announcement.
If you’re ready to order save the date cards, why not head over to the stationery section on hitched.co.uk where you can browse through hundreds of personalised save the date designs in order to announce your engagement and wedding!