Plan the perfect summer wedding by choosing one of these stunning garden wedding venues
Could anywhere be more perfect for a summer wedding than one of the UK’s best garden wedding venues? From the gorgeous grounds of historic manor houses to fabulous formal flower gardens, here are 10 of the best for you to consider...
- Rowhill Grange Hotel & Utopia Spa, KentImagine yourself as lady of the manor at this lovely country house hotel, set in 15 acres of grounds. Originally built as a grand summerhouse, it now has its own gorgeous outdoor wedding gazebo where you can say your vows. Then as your guests sip champagne, take a private, newlywed stroll among the woodland flowers or wander the tree-lined path in the peace of the tranquillity garden.
For more information visit: Rowhill Grange
- The Belfry Hotel, West MidlandsSurrounded by more than 500 acres of beautiful countryside, you’re spoiled for choice at The Belfry. Sneak away to the secluded herb garden for a few quiet minutes together among the lavender. For a laid-back reception, Lichfield Lawn’s large open space has BBQ pits as well as a water feature. And even if you’re not a golf fan, the resorts’ three courses make a gorgeously green backdrop.
For more information visit: The Belfry
- Cain Manor, SurreyLooking out over Surrey’s stunning Golden Valley, this Elizabethan manor house guarantees a private, personal ceremony. As it’s not a hotel, it’s exclusively yours for the day, including the sprawling landscaped grounds where you can marry in the shade of the trees. Gaze out to the fields from the intricately wrought gazebo, walk hand in hand between the manicured flower beds or watch out for the badgers who have also made their home in this historic spot.
For more information visit: Cain Manor
- Saddleworth Hotel, West YorkshireHow better to make an entrance than sweeping down the path to a sandstone gazebo, in the shade of an ancient pine forest? And with its towering trees, magnificent views over the dramatic Castleshaw valley and brooding moorland scenery, you’ll feel like you’ve escaped reality to your own private fairytale.
For more information visit: Saddleworth Hotel
- The Gibbon Bridge Hotel, LancashireFor a ceremony in the ultimate English country garden, this hotel is hard to beat. Surrounded by a riot of colourful flowers, the fairytale bandstand sits on the lower terrace in the award-winning grounds, with views of magnificent Longridge Fell and overlooking lily ponds. But with 23 acres to discover, there are endless picturesque spots to sit, stroll and smile for the camera.
For more information visit: Gibbon Bridge
- Wrest Park House & Gardens, BedfordshireThe only thing more stunning than Wrest Park House, with its elegant French architecture and ornately decorated rooms, are the fabulous grounds and orangery. More than 90 acres of lawns and woodland, dotted with statues, fountains and decorative follies, it’s also home to a striking formal parterre flower garden, straight from the type of historic chateau which inspired the house itself.
For more information visit: Wrest Park
- Parley Manor, DorsetFor more than seven centuries, one family enjoyed the stunning grounds of Parley Manor, stretching from Hurn Forest to the River Stour. Now you can marry at the Georgian Manor House in the open-sided pavilion in the heart of the gardens before a reception in the marquee with its enchanted starlight canopy. Set in the manor’s beautiful Italian walled garden, flowers bloom in every corner while trees weave their branches through the ornate white archway.
For more information visit: Parley Manor
- Hunton Park, HertfordshireStep back in time for a taste of traditional elegance at Hunton Park: after sweeping up the driveway to this historic Queen Anne mansion, the 22 acres of rural parkland include a romantic rose garden, fountains and formal tree lined paths leading back to the house. As well as saying your vows in the light-filled orangery, you can choose from two outdoor venues for a ceremony, the Manor House Porch and the Garden Terrace itself.
For more information visit: Hunton Park
- Consall Hall & Gardens, StaffordshireA photographer’s paradise, Consall Hall is set in 70 acres of gardens with a grand total of six lakes, as well as picturesque “packhorse” bridges, follies and romantic summer houses providing endless backdrops for your album. The grounds are designed to look beautiful in every season, but when the weather is at its best you can also marry in the open air on the Pool Terrace, before enjoying views of the Churnet valley.
For more information visit: Consall Hall
- Guthrie Castle, Fife & AngusThe ancient grey stones of the 15th century Guthrie Castle provide perhaps the country’s most stunning backdrop as you walk down the aisle into the walled garden. Then mingle on the lush lawns, with splashes of bright colour from flowers offsetting the dark green of the maze-like hedges, or pose for photos in front of the swans on the still waters of the estate loch.
For more information visit: Guthrie Castle