Planning on having little ones to your wedding? Take a look at these child and family friendly wedding venues
Whether the happy couple already has children, or you’re planning to invite a host of friends with young families, choosing a family-friendly venue is really important to many couples. We’ve picked 10 brilliant places that will make guests of all ages welcome, keeping them entertained throughout the course of the big day.
- Game OnSet in unspoiled Welsh countryside, Plas Dinam Country House in Powys offers a host of family-friendly activities including horse riding, hiking, water sports, garden games and bike riding. As one recent bride put it: “Plas Dinam was the ideal setting for our intimate family-friendly wedding. Space for our guests to stay over, amazing views and a huge garden for our nieces and nephews to explore.”
For more information visit: www.plasdinamcountryhouse.co.uk
- We’re Going to the Zoo, Zoo, ZooThere’s nothing quite like a trip to the zoo, and if you want to thrill your younger guests, Twycross in Warwickshire is an ideal option. As well as giving them the ideal opportunity to visit the exotic animals before or after your nuptials, you can treat your guests to extra special goodies such as tropical house tours and zoo-themed gifts for children.
For more information visit: www.twycrosszoo.org
- Seaside FunThe motto at family-friendly Newton Hall in Northumberland is “the more the merrier”. Little people can expect a warm welcome and will be delighted by the spectacular countryside and magnificent beach. Babysitters and play leaders can be provided and this venue also specialises in outdoor weddings, so you could treat guests of all ages to a hog roast in the meadow, refreshments on the beach or a picnic on the lawn
For more information visit: www.newton-hall.com
- Friends of the FamilyAt the family-friendly Best Western Watermill Hotel in Hertfordshire you can relish everything from the spectacular location to the stunning food and great entertainment. There are eco-friendly ideas to consider, six banquet rooms and an amazing riverside marquee. And with free wi-fi throughout, kids can entertain themselves during your wedding or civil partnership day on their smartphone or tablet.
For more information visit: www.hotelwatermill.co.uk
- Unique AdventureQuirky and ethical, the unusually-named Missing Sock is a unique Cambridgeshire venue offering a celebration space that all ages will adore. As well as enjoying an enclosed play park and children’s toy room, younger guests will find a double-decker bus to explore, instruments to play and a video/film room. Children will also love Bob and Marley, the resident goats, and adventurous families can take advantage of the large private camping and caravan facility.
For more information visit: www.themissingsock.co.uk
- Kings (and Queens) of the CastleAll ages will love the drama and history of Hever Castle in Kent, the childhood home of Anne Boleyn. Even primary school kids know all about Henry VIII, so just imagine how thrilled they will be if you marry in the Castle Great Hall, where the King would have dined when he visited his future wife. As well as the history buzz, younger guests will love the yew maze and adventure playground.
For more information visit: www.hevercastle.co.uk
- Hall for AllIf you want spectacular scenery with a twist, Marwell Hall in Hampshire should be on your shortlist. In a national park setting, the historic house boasts stories of kings and queens and the beautiful parkland is home to exotic and endangered animal species. During the summer, guests of all ages will love the secret garden marquee, an incredible secluded setting for up to 120 guests.
For more information visit: www.marwell.org.uk
- The Great OutdoorsThe fun begins outdoors at Hothorpe Hall in Leicestershire: kids can explore an outdoor adventure playground, a wooden play hut (also known as Squirrel Cottage) and an all-weather, multi-use sports court for tennis, five-a-side football and basketball. Inside, there’s an indoor nursery room equipped with pre-school toys, baby changing stations, a number of family bedrooms and highchairs for little ones at the wedding breakfast.
For more information visit: www.hothorpe.co.uk
- Junior LuxuryNo matter how old (or young) you are, a little luxury goes a long way. At the Master Builders House Hotel in Hampshire (the only riverside wedding venue in the New Forest National Park), a small cottage for hire is situated opposite the hotel with a private garden and accommodation for two adults and up to four children (ideal if the bride and groom already have kids). The “little adults” menu will please discerning younger guests too.
For more information visit: www.themasterbuilders.co.uk
- Garden PartyFor an all-ages wedding with a garden party feel, you can have a civil ceremony outside at Hawkwell House and the afternoon tea wedding package is perfect for family friendly weddings with a vintage theme. Minutes away from Oxford city centre, barbecues and hog roasts can be organised and a complimentary adjoining children’s games room is included with all weddings.
For more information visit: www.hawkwellhouse.co.uk