Ordering The Wedding Cake
Most people have wedding cakes that are multi-tiered and have very elaborate decorations; after all it is going to be the focus of all attention at the wedding reception. Making such a fancy and beautiful wedding cake takes a considerable amount of time and effort on the part of the confectioner. Thus, it is essential that you order your wedding cake much in advance of the wedding.
The cake should be ordered at least 4 months prior to the wedding, if not more. This gives the baker enough time to devote to making your wedding cake, as there are chances of your wedding cake getting messed up if the baker is asked to do a rush job. Once you have selected what kind of wedding cake you want, it is essential that you get everything in writing so that there are no issues afterwards. Here is a list of things that should go into your wedding cake order / contract.
- The type of cake: The order should clearly state what kind and style of wedding cake you have chosen. If it is going to be a shaped cake, write down the exact shape or design that you have requested.
- Cake tiers: List down how many tiers the wedding cake is going to be made of. (If you wish to store the top tier of the wedding cake for your first anniversary, remember not to count its pieces for serving your guests) Also specify what flavor each separate tier should be of.
- Decorations: The wedding cake order should include a little description of the kind of decorations that you have decided on. Specify which cake topper should go on the wedding cake.
- List the time, day, date, and location of the wedding reception. Double check these items so that your cake reaches you when it should and not two days after the wedding!
- Specify the exact cost of the entire wedding cake, including any charges for pillars, cake tops, delivery, set-up etc. If any deposit has been given, list down the proper amount of the deposit as well as the remaining balance.
Find a wedding cake designer in your area by visiting the hitched suppliers directory.
More Wedding Articles