Choosing your wedding stationery is important because the invite will be the first insight to your wedding that a guest will receive. Choosing a style or design that matches the theme of your wedding is always ideal, but making sure that you order something within your budget is also key!
Below are some top tips on how to cut your costs and stick to your budget when it comes to your wedding stationery order:
1. Choose and place the order for the invitations at least 6 months in advance. Ordering the invitations at the last minute can be stressful, not to mention the worry of not getting your guests to respond in time. Stick to your wedding timeline guide and order the invitations early.
2. Order extra invitations with your original stationery order. Bulk orders at one time will cost you less than having to get extras made later down the line. Ordering extra wedding stationery will also allow for you to invite extra guests should you receive any regrets.
3. Place your stationery order with one wedding supplier. Not only will this save you time, but it will also guarantee that you’ll be getting the exact same colour match and design when it comes to your place cards, order of service cards, menus or thank you cards.
4. How about doing away with the response cards completely? Consider adding an email address to your wedding invitations so that your guests can all respond digitally, or add a phone number for text acceptances and regrets. You could also consider e-vites (an invitation sent online), rather than sending a physical invitation. This idea could radically change your allocated budget for wedding stationery.
5. Proof read your wedding invitation thoroughly. You don’t want to have to pay out again for the re-printing of your order.
Image: Vanilla Retro Stationery
6. If you plan on making your own wedding stationery, be sure to consider all costs before you start — including your time.
7. Search for special offers and deals when it comes to placing your wedding stationery order. Some suppliers may offer a discount depending on what you purchase. Find a supplier in the wedding stationery section of the Hitched suppliers directory.
8. Consider ordering your wedding stationery online. The Hitched wedding stationery section allows you to order invitations, RSVP cards, driving instruction cards, order of service cards, breakfast menus, table place cards thank you cards and more and has just a 3-5 working day turn around, allowing you to send your invites out to guests quickly. You can also personalise your wedding stationery to coordinate with your wedding colour scheme, and some designs allow you to add images and important information about your wedding.
If you want more ideas on saving money in your invites, follow these 9 tips and read these 37 budget-friendly wedding ideas.