Bridesmaid gowns to wear again (and again)
Being a bridesmaid is an incredibly special duty and wearing a stunning dress to suit the occasion is probably the biggest perk. But rather than choosing a one-off dress, only suitable for a wedding day, look for something that is utterly beautiful but can be worn again. As well as becoming a treasured possession, a versatile dress will really make your maid smile.
We’ve chosen 10 of the best to inspire you...
- The Classic MaxiEveryone needs a maxi in their wardrobe. In case you’re not used to this style or length, the high low hem on this Dessy design makes it even more wearable. This beautiful dress ticks the glamour box too: it’s really easy to dress up with dramatic hair and make-up, or dress it down for everyday glam with flat shoes and natural hair.
Style 2883 by Dessy. For more information visit: www.dessy.com
- Mad Men StyleThis stunning and simple, figure-flattering dress could turn into a great work staple — if you have a girl-crush on Peggy Olson or Joan Holloway-Harris, you’ll love the fact that this is totally Mad Men! After the wedding, consider dyeing it a darker colour for the office and then wear it with a smart cardigan or jacket and your very best work shoes.
Style 4144T by Alexia Designs. For more information visit: www.alexiadesigns.com
- Playful ChicThis playful, feminine dress can work wonders with your existing wardrobe. It’s the perfect dress for holidays (wear with flip flops and a floral headband), festivals (add gladiator sandals and a straw trilby), clubbing (add hot pink heels and a matching clutch) or family parties (wear with a cropped jacket and fascinator). It even comes in a full-length version if you’d prefer a marvellous maxi.
Style 5405 by Jim Hjelm Occasions. For more information visit: www.jlmcouture.com
- The Wow FactorEvery woman wants the “wow factor” in her wardrobe and if you wear your clothes with confidence, this classic strapless dress can add pizzazz to special occasions for years to come: style it up with a glitzy jacket or fur stole and pile on the statement jewellery. Another clever option is to wear this design as a pencil skirt by adding a smart blouse or jumper.
Style 518 by Alfred Angelo. For more information visit: www.alfredangelobridal.co.uk
- Easy StyleIf you’re looking for a dress that will be easy to wear again, without a great deal of accessorising, try a bold floral print. This summer-perfect dress by Coast works for parties, cocktails with the girls, days out, dinner dates...the list is endless. Part of its charm is the print (not to mention the “something blue” twist), but the elegant knee length also makes it particularly versatile.
Macino by Coast. For more information visit: www.coast-stores.com
- Effortless EleganceThis floral shift from Monsoon is incredibly versatile. Great for everything from BBQs in the back garden to summer nights out at a rooftop cocktail bar, just add a simple cropped white jacket and pumps to dress this elegant design down. You could even wear it for work with a tailored green or white jacket and Mary Jane heels.
Anisa by Monsoon. For more information visit: www.monsoon.co.uk
- Pretty PeplumChoosing a dress that features a trend will always please a fashionable bridesmaid. Peplums are one of the hottest details this decade and you can wear this dress all summer long! Go high fashion with contrast heels in electric blue or neon yellow and a colour pop clutch bag. If peplums ever lose their appeal, have it removed and save the dress as a simple, elegant wardrobe staple.
Style LR186 by Lela Rose Bridesmaids. For more information visit: www.dessy.com
- Simply Does ItA simply beautiful dress for a flower girl works perfectly. Comfort is key, and this slice of minimal magic from Emmerling creates a dress your chosen “little lady” can get lots of use from: she could wear it with a brightly-coloured cardigan for summer outings or holidays, or choose a sparkly shrug for parties.
Style 91927 by Emmerling. For more information visit: www.emmerling.co.uk
- Modern Party GirlEven little girls love a trend and this gorgeous bubble-shaped dress is bound to keep your fashionable flower girl happy. Great for parties and christenings she could wear it again with matching lilac tights, or add a lilac or pure white jumper and pumps to dress it down for spring or summer days out.
Style CF801 by Jasmine Flowergirls. For more information visit: www.jasminebridal.com
- Rock it in RedA bold, bright colour can give your flower girl or bridesmaid lots of scope for future occasions. This brilliant example from Lilly Flowergirls would be great for a school party or disco; or remove the sash, and add a logo t-shirt and baseball boots, and you’ll instantly have a funky look any groovy little girl would love.
Flowergirl dress by Lilly Flowergirls. For more information visit: www.lilly.eu
More Bridalwear Articles