Be unique in a coloured dress
If you want a wedding that is unique, unforgettable and show-stopping, your dress needs to live up to the challenge. There are many cutting-edge designs, but for an immediate — and memorable — effect, choosing a coloured dress will always set you apart from other brides.
Take inspiration from these beautiful, eye-catching designs and wow your guests and groom with colour.
- Mesmerising MermaidA mermaid shape will always flatter the bride’s curves: add colour and you have a truly mesmerising silhouette. A bright colour suits very slim brides, a darker shade will give your figure a more streamlined look. This gorgeous, embroidered strapless dress by Allure Bridal is utterly stylish. Consider having it altered after the wedding to create a brilliantly versatile bodycon you can wear over and over again.
Style 2767 by Allure Bridals. For more information visit: www.allurebridals.com
- Princess in PinkFeaturing a beautiful shade of antique rose, the aptly-named “Matilda” dress from Sassi Holford’s Signature Collection is a delightfully coloured ballgown, fit for a princess. The bold floral appliqué on the full tulle skirt — and matching silk duchesse satin sash — is an absolute talking point, providing subtle, feminine colour on a classic silhouette.
Matilda by Sassi Holford. For more information visit: www.sassiholford.com
- Go for GoldCrafted using couture techniques and quality fabrics, this elegant dress in gold is a brilliant choice for more mature brides who want to create a timeless and stunning look. Designed in lace and chiffon, the backless style is flattering and ladylike, with plenty of drama. Wear your hair piled high or in an elegant chignon.
Roberta 68010 by Ronald Joyce. For more information visit: www.ronaldjoyce.com
- Marvellous MetallicInspired by the eternal glamour of New York City, this gorgeously gold dress is perfect if you want to add a dash of colour to an autumn or winter wedding. Sophisticated and voluminous, it acknowledges the metallic trend and would lend itself very well to a gold-themed wedding — or a contemporary colour scheme that includes mixed metallics.
Style 37004 by Madeline Gardner. For more information visit: www.madelinegardnernewyork.com
- Crimson CrushThis daring dress from Enzoani is the perfect choice for a confident bride with an hourglass figure. Made with tulle, the “Ilyssa” dress is available in ivory/silver or white/silver, but if you want to turn heads and make a real statement with colour, it has to be the ivory/red combination. Wear with a bright red flower in your hair for a Mediterranean twist.
Ilyssa by Enzoani. For more information visit: www.enzoani.com
- Fantastically FloralIf you want to capture two trends in one amazing dress, consider the “Marilyn” gown by Wendy Makin. From the Couture Collection, this summer-perfect dress has an amazing floral print in pretty shades of teal and purple. Carry a trailing bouquet of lilac blooms and this dress works perfectly with loose tumbling curls or a slightly messy up-do.
Marilyn by Wendy Makin. For more information visit: www.wendymakin.com
- Dramatic DetailsThis divine dress by Art Couture certainly delivers on the “something different” front. With its statement detail, in black against a nude gown, it adds colourful drama in a totally unique way. Flattering to the waistline, this dress is the perfect way to add some vintage styling — with a modern finish — to your wedding day. Carry black and cream silk roses for added impact.
AC357 by Art Couture. For more information visit: www.artcouturebridal.co.uk
- Monochrome MagicA simple black and white theme is absolutely on trend for weddings at the moment — and its simplicity and elegance will never go out of style. The crowning glory of your monochrome wedding day could be this fabulous dress by Emma Hunt. With pretty spaghetti straps, the ivory silk duchesse satin dress, with silk organza overlay, has an absolutely stunning black silk organza rose detail.
Sasha by Emma Hunt. For more information visit: www.emmahunt.co.uk
- Perfectly PastelA huge trend for summer weddings, pastel shades are fabulously feminine, and sumptuously sweet. They are also versatile: choose this satin gown in rose pink, with a gently contrasting bow detail belt, and it could work for a country garden wedding surrounded by blooms, a vintage “shabby chic” wedding decorated with bird cages and roses, or a slick city wedding in a stunning boutique hotel.
BT13-24 by Beautiful. For more information visit: www.enzoani.com
- Dare to be DifferentIf you are serious about adding the “wow factor” to your wedding day, this could be the dress. The lace adds colour but also creativity to your bridal styling, with the sheer embroidered sleeves providing a clever cover-up if you have tattoos that you’d rather keep on the lowdown for the day, without losing any of your edginess.
2455 by Alfred Angelo. For more information visit: www.alfredangelobridal.co.uk
More Bridalwear Articles