Is your wedding dress a best-seller? Take a look at ten of the most popular wedding gowns from renowned designers
Every bride wants to be unique, but there are certain classic and utterly beautiful styles that will appeal to a huge range of stylish women. To inspire and delight you, we asked 10 leading bridal designers to reveal which dresses are their bestsellers...
- Style 8615 by Justin AlexanderThis beaded lace, drop waist dress has stunning motifs and floating appliqués on a full tulle skirt, making sure it is packed with the wow factor. Guaranteed to sweep your groom off his feet, it has scattered beading, a corset back, a chapel length train and comes with a beautiful tulle wrap to absolutely set off the look. This dress works year-round and is utterly jaw-dropping.
Visit Justin Alexander for more details.
- Lana by Maggie SotteroMaggie Sottero’s bestselling bridal gown has more than a touch of Hollywood glamour — and in 2012, 1920s Great Gatsby-inspired fashion is sure to see this dress becoming even more popular. The single shoulder is covered in lavish Swarovski crystals and you are bound to take center stage in the chic, A-line design featuring ruched Amore Satin, inner corset closure and fabric covered buttons.
Visit Maggie Sottero for more details.
- Constantine by Ian StuartIan Stuart is a master of drama and atmosphere — and this bestseller has oodles of both. With a delicately draped sweetheart neckline the fitted bodice covers the hip to flatter your figure fabulously. Lavish draping on the skirt makes this gown a fashionable choice, and the handmade roses and billowing cathedral train finish the frock with lashings of romance.
Visit Ian Stuart for more details.
- Style 1136 by Alfred Angelo Simple, elegant and utterly stylish, it is little wonder that this is Alfred Angelo’s bestselling wedding gown. Particularly flattering at the bust line, the strapless satin dress is adorned with crystal beading, sequins and rhinestones and it has a semi-cathedral train. Perfect for any figure, it is available in sizes 8 to 32.
Visit Alfred Angelo for more details.
- Tuesday by Madeline Isaac JamesA dress from the popular Candlelit Collection, Madeline Isaac James told us that this elegant, timeless design is always one of the designer’s top five bestselling dresses. A silk taffeta gown with organza sleeves and Swarovski crystal detailing it is flowing and feminine — with a black ribbon sash to provide contrast and drama.
Price starts at £1,599. Visit Madeline Isaac James for more details.
- Ingrid by Sassi HolfordDescribed as a “super-seller”, Ingrid is a beautiful fit and flare gown made from silk duchesse with a lace overlay. The snug fit caresses a bride’s curves and the button down back is particularly figure-flattering. But the matching (detachable) lace “shrugette” with a beautiful bow over the fastening at the back really makes this dress a standout option.
Price starts at £2,350 (including shrug). Visit Sassi Holford for more details.
- Beaded Kaftan by Matthew WilliamsonKnown for his “boho chic” Matthew Williamson is a British designer who always creates subtle beauty — and this elegantly beaded silk chiffon kaftan, with fluted sleeves, is a prime example of his signature style. Tied with a loose bow at the back, the dreamy silhouette really is effortless - but the embellishment at the waist, with Swarovski crystals and pearls, adds exactly the right amount of glamour.
Visit Matthew Williamson Bridal for more details.
- Style 3664 by SincerityThis is a classic style perfect for tall, slender brides who have a figure they want to show off on their big day. A strapless dress with beaded lace and an empire waistline it features a bias band and bow, trumpet skirt with chapel train and button down back. Because the dress is so simple, it works particularly well with an on-trend hair accessory such as a crystal tiara or hip bridal fascinator.
Visit Sincerity Bridal for more details.
- Allegra by Sanyukta ShresthaAs well as being breathtakingly beautiful, Sanyukta Shrestha’s bridal gowns have the added bonus of being eco-friendly and sustainable — perfect for environmentally-conscious brides. With an unusual sweeping neckline, a statement bow at the hip and a graceful train, the bestselling Allegra is made from hemp silk and organic, fairtraded, hand-loomed cotton.
Visit Sanyukta Shrestha for more details.
- Iris by Nicki Flynn Not all bestselling gowns are traditional; Iris by Nicki Flynn is wonderfully different. A taffeta dress, it features ruching, a bow under the bust and silver-edged contrasting lace appliqués. The zip-up back has a stylish button detail, but it is the plunging v-neck that really packs a punch and makes this dress such a fabulous way to make a statement on your big day.
Price starts at £1.095. Visit Nicki Flynn for more details.
More Bridalwear Articles