Your wedding day is the ultimate excuse to wear something utterly fabulous! So take a look at ten of these statement dresses...
Your wedding dress will be admired — and scrutinised — by guests and onlookers alike. Whether girly, fashion-forward or body confident, picking a dress that simply screams ‘statement’ is the best way to make sure every single head in the congregation is turned — especially the grooms!
- Diana by EnzoaniFrom the delicate straps, deep sweetheart neckline and tulle overlay, to the romantic mermaid silhouette, this dress is timelessly beautiful, even if you are a thoroughly modern bride. With a catwalk feel to the shape, the ultimate statement comes courtesy of the detachable, handmade beaded corsage belt; the designer suggests wearing this accessory in ivory for the ceremony, and then switching to the feather grey version for extra impact in the evening.
Price starts at £1,635. Contact Benjamin Roberts for more details.
- Harlequin by Ian StuartIdeal if you’re having a funky, themed wedding, this dress makes an undeniable statement; the bride is not afraid to be different. A stunning, modern-mermaid silhouette, the breathtaking and exaggerated loops of the skirt are echoed in the matching bolero jacket. Daring to break almost completely with tradition, Harlequin is perfect for a diva bride — or one who wants to be ultra-fashionable at the altar.
Price starts at £2,400. Contact Ian Stuart for more details.
- Style 930 by Benjamin Roberts Benjamin Roberts’ most popular dress is one that shows off your curves — whatever your dress size. With its vintage, hour glass shape, flattering cut and slinky finish, this dress (available in gold, light ivory and diamond white) makes a stunning statement for the bride who’s got it, and knows how to flaunt it. So if you want to make a statement using your figure to full effect, this is a fabulous way to do it.
Price starts at £1,340. Contact Benjamin Roberts for more details.
- Tarquinia by Victoria JaneIf the statement you want to make is one of elegance, this dress must be on your shortlist. A stunning, structured gown it is utterly unique in design and style with beautiful pleating on the front and a statement bow at the back. With a touch of ‘old Hollywood’ glamour, this flattering and powerful dress will make you stand out with sophisticated elegance and bold styling.
Contact Victoria Jane for prices
- Style T435 by Jasmine CoutureThis dress speaks volumes about the bride - and you’ll rule the reception disco when you’re dancing in it! Girly and voluminous, with an edgy impact, the contrasting belt allows the bride to pick a colour to reflect her personality, as well as the colour palette of the wedding decor. The simple sweetheart bodice is beautifully cut and shaped to flatter the bride while the skirt demands attention with its indulgent mix of lace and organza rosettes.
Price starts at £1,800
- Style 1620 by Mori LeeIf you want to be the ultimate princess on your big day, make a statement fit for royalty with this show-stopping, embroidered organza gown by Mori Lee. “With accentuated fabric and impeccable beading, this dress definitely gives a bride the ‘wow factor’,” says Mori Lee’s Gemma Ball. “The full skirt with soft floral detail will make you feel like a princess for the whole of your wedding day.”
Contact Mori Less for prices.
- Doria by IlyIf you have gorgeous legs, why not make a statement by exposing them (and your body confidence) in a sexy and stylish dress. In silk dupioni with leather flowers, pearls, beads and Swarovski crystals, this dress is the embodiment of daring bridal couture. “Doria is a true statement down the aisle,” says Ily Pop, head designer at Ily Bridal Couture. "It’s not a dress for just for one day, but for a lifetime of memories.”
Price starts at £1,550. Contact Ily for more details.
- Style D5023 by EternityTo show that you’re the archetypal beautiful bride choose a classic ball gown. This stunning Eternity dress has a dramatic lace bodice with a sweetheart neckline to create a flattering silhouette, balanced perfectly by the dropped waist and taffeta pick up skirt. Continue the dreamy statement made by this dress with silver service, a traditional wedding breakfast and a jazz band playing until the early hours.
Price starts at £899. Contact Eternity for more details.
- Jasmine by Madeline Isaac JamesSometimes the boldest statement can be made with your accessories. Take a gorgeous gown with simple style and timeless appeal, like this idyllic, ballerina-length dress from Madeline Isaac-James’ 2012 collection, and add a dramatic, statement accessory such as this extravagant headpiece. You can also use jackets, capes and sashes to make a style statement without taking your dress too far from tradition.
Price starts at £1,479. Contact Madeline Isaac James for more details.
- Style no3280 by Pepe BotellaIf you want to make a statement about your individual style, natural glamour and love of sartorial rebellion, consider a short dress. Instead of hiding under layers of organza and lace, show off your figure and your sense of fashionable fun in this gorgeous, mini dress from Pepe Botella’s Gaudi Collection. Add white tights and ankle boots for a 60’s vintage twist, or show off your tan at a beach wedding by pairing with simple sandals and a slick of lip gloss.
Price starts at £2,000. Contact Pepe Botella for more details.
More Bridalwear Articles