Our groom's style guide will ensure your man is dressed immaculately from head to toe
Every bride has the right to be the most beautifully dressed and dazzling person at a wedding, but that doesn’t mean her groom should rock up to the altar in a creased shirt and disheveled suit. A wedding day gives the groom a special opportunity to go for it in the sartorial stakes too, wearing fresh, fashionable-yet-formal clothes and accessories that will make his wife-to-be swoon...
- Suits YouA suit is one of the first things men think about after popping the question and naming the date. Although traditional is best, broadly speaking, be a shade braver with your colour and cut; a modern take on a classic suit will always look the business. Jack Bunneys has over 50 years experience in bespoke, made to measure and hire suits and their latest range is elegant and smart — with a touch of funky.
- Groom for HireIf you don’t want to invest in a suit, look for a contemporary hire service so you’ll look dashing on the day for a little less cash. Launching in spring 2012, the Platinum Collection at Tux 'n' Tails includes a wide range of head-turning styles and colours with hire prices starting at just £60.
- Out of the Ordinary...If you’re having a special theme at your wedding, getting married abroad, or just want to stand out from the crowd, a bespoke suit may be the answer. Having a suit made just for you means you’ll have a huge choice of fabrics, colours and styles. At A Suit That Fits you can create the perfect suit online or by meeting a style advisor at one of 33 locations across the country.
- Ring-a-blingYour wedding ring is for life and failing to put any thought into your choice could be a decision you’ll regret every time you look at your hand. You don’t have to trawl the high street searching for rings either — Smooch Wedding Rings bring hundreds of unique and unusual rings to your home, so you can choose the perfect style without any stress.
- Sensational ShoesA stunning pair of shoes can really make the difference to a groom, transforming a smart wedding outfit into something extra special — and a great pair of bespoke shoes will come in handy for many special occasions down the line.
- Unforgettable AccessoryEvery groom needs to get to the church on time, but you don’t have to rely on an old watch to keep you punctual on this very special day. A pocket watch is a smart, retro accessory that adds a timeless touch to your overall look. The Greenwich Pocket Watch Company provides high quality pocket watches with a bespoke engraving service.
- Tie the KnotEven if the colour scheme you’ve chosen for the wedding is more the bride’s style than yours, wearing a tie that matches the theme or scheme will earn you valuable brownie points. It’s a subtle way to show a united front — and if there was ever a day to be on the same team as your beloved, this is it. Favourbrook has a huge range of tasteful and fashionable ties to choose from.
- Once-in-a Lifetime WaistcoatA waistcoat may be a once-in-a-lifetime addition to your attire if you prefer casual clothes, but it can really make the difference on your wedding day.
- Final TouchesEven if you’re opting for ready-to-wear, rather than a bespoke suit, it’s important that your suit fits perfectly; as well as looking great, a suit that fits like a glove will also make you feel more confident than ever on this very special day.
- Sharp Dressed StagWith the wedding preparations in full swing, you might not have had chance to think about your stag do — or what you’re going to wear for it. As this will be your last big night out as a single man, treat yourself to a fantastically fashionable outfit that expresses your personality, your style and the fact that you’re marrying a very special lady. For lots more helpful hints and tips on arranging your stag party visit our stag and hen section.
More Bridalwear Articles