We browse ten colourful bridesmaid dresses than will add the perfect splash of colour to your big day
Classic white may be right for the bride, but bathing your bridesmaids in colour is a surefire way to establish a theme, brighten your day and add a touch of funky fashion to the proceedings.
- Style no B4031 by B2 at JasmineInspired by vintage design, this asymmetric dress is fresh as a summer meadow. The midi-length is absolutely of the moment and in the delicate buttercup shade it is ideal for a spring or summer wedding. Working perfectly with a floral headdress and sandals, this delicious design is available in a range of colours, as well as in floor length.
Prices start at £210. Contact Jasmine Bridal for more details.
- Style 22309 by Pretty MaidsOrange is the perfect colour for autumn and this luxurious, long dress by Pretty Maids will add warmth and elegance to your day; it immediately conjures up images of pumpkins, fireworks and festivity. If your bridesmaids are wearing this dress in autumn or winter, consider a seasonal bouquet, with lots of orange and red berries, and a faux fur wrap or stole in a neutral shade.
Prices start at £159. Contact Pretty Maids for more details.
- Aubergine dresses by Two BirdsPurple is the colour of the moment and these amazing dresses by Two Birds are modern, feminine, flattering and suitable for bridesmaids of all ages. Proudly made in Britain, Two Birds dresses come in two sizes and four lengths, and are designed to be wrapped in 15 different ways so you won’t need alterations. If you’re impressed, hitched.co.uk has teamed up with Two Birds for the month of October 2011 to offer you the chance of winning bridesmaid dresses for your big day.
Contact Two Birds for prices.
- Style 6615 by Dessy CollectionTruly original, this dotty dress brings fun, fashion and multi-colours to the day. Perfect if you want to add a touch of modern glamour to a traditional wedding, this strapless full-length chiffon dress has a blouson bodice and set-in waistband for a very modern maxi-dress effect. As well as the gorgeous polka-dots, it is also available in an alternative ‘Isabella’ print and a wide range of block colours.
Contact Dessy for prices.
- Style L4058 by Belsoie at JasmineGreen is a beautiful, ethereal colour and this very modern style has an effortless grace contrasted by an on-trend asymmetric neckline. The floral belt adds further contrast and establishes this dress as truly contemporary. If you have fashion conscious bridesmaids, this is definitely a dress that will impress them — and redheaded bridesmaids will look particularly stunning in it.
Prices start at £215. Contact Jasmine Bridal for more details.
- Day Dreamer by LouLou at Courtesan BoutiqueWith a vintage feel, this pale pink strapless dress is utterly glamorous. The lace covered corset is boned, so your bridesmaids will have the best shape and support possible. The skirt has two layers of soft contrasting tulle, a layer of netting and a satin overlay, and the contrast satin sash provides a pretty finish. This dreamy dress and sash combination is also available in sky blue and coffee, black and silver and mink and chocolate.
Prices start at £185. Contact Courtesan Boutique for more details.
- Style M999 by True BridesmaidIf your bridesmaids love to be the centre of attention this fuchsia, cocktail-style dress by True Bridesmaid, with a stylish floral detail at the waist, is young, fresh and funky. It is also revealing, so ideal for bridesmaids who have a lovely figure and enjoy showing it off. To give this dress a vintage twist, pile on the pearls and choose matching, hot pink Mary Jane shoes.
Prices start at £199. Contact True Bridesmaid for more details.
- Coppelia by Luella’s BoudoirThis A-line dress comes in a totally on-trend shade of midnight blue. It works year-round but is particularly effective in winter – just imagine this dress against a backdrop of snow! Made from 100% silk dupion you can choose from a straight, sweetheart or scoop neckline and it can be made in short or full length. It is also available in a wide range of alternative colours.
Prices start at £275. Contact Luella’s Boudoir for more details.
- Style 893, Affairs by Mori LeeWhile bold, dramatic colours look great in longer lengths, more subtle colours work wonderfully as short dresses. Pale blue and silver are particularly good colours for winter weddings and if your bridesmaids are brave enough to bare their legs, this stylish taffeta dress will look a million dollars – particularly on the reception dance floor.
Contact Mori Lee for prices.
- Gaynor by Emily Fox at BerketexIf you’d love to add a bit of bling to your day, but you want to keep your wedding dress clear of sparkle, your bridesmaids can add the sequins on your behalf. In ever-popular red, this beautiful, strapless dress works really well if your bridesmaids are all adults. Choose matching red hair accessories for the bridesmaids, and red roses for your bouquet and you’ll coordinate beautifully.
Contact Berketex for prices.
More Bridalwear Articles