Honeymoons in Kenya
If you want a honeymoon with a warm climate, plenty of adventure and somewhere that is totally unique, then why not take a honeymoon in Kenya. Whether you want to relax on a secluded beach or take a safari tour of this amazing country, you will be spoiled for choice with a honeymoon in Kenya.
If you are looking for the holiday of a lifetime then a honeymoon in Kenya could be just what you are looking for. You can enjoy the hot climate while relaxing on one of the beautiful golden sandy beaches. If you want to experience some wildlife then you can visit one of Kenya’s fantastic wildlife parks or take a safari to see the amazing animals up close. If you are taking a honeymoon to Kenya then make sure you visit the capital Nairobi. A bustling city that is full of energy and excitement, there is plenty there just waiting to be explored. Or why not take a hot air balloon ride and see this beautiful country with a bird’s eye view. Kenya is the perfect mix of laid back relaxation but with lots of adventure just waiting around the corner.
Key Facts for Kenya
Currency: Kenyan shilling
Flight time: 8 hours from London
When to Honeymoon in Kenya
Although Kenya enjoys a warm climate all year around, the best time to visit is June to October to avoid the rainy season.
Average Temperatures (°C)
Average Daily Sunlight (hours)
Honeymoon Tips and Articles
From our honeymoon blog
Planning your wedding abroad in Iceland
Thomson Weddings share their best destinations for a wedding in Lapland
See some of the most stunning hidden Caribbean honeymoon destinations
See some of our favourite alternative honeymoon ideas
Getting Married in Kenya
If you are looking for a romantic wedding destination with a lovely hot climate and unique twist then why not explore Kenya. Kenya, which can be reached directly by plane from the UK and can offer plenty of wonderful options when it comes to planning your wedding abroad. You can get married on the beach in Kenya, as well as in one of the world renowned wildlife parks. You could also experience a hot air balloon ride over the Masai Mara or tie the knot on the beautiful Lamu Island. Many of the resorts in Kenya provide a full wedding service, which will not only give you peace of mind, but will also give you an experience of a life time. If you do get married in Kenya then there are plenty of places to go on and explore for your honeymoon too! Go on a fabulous safari or relax at one of the many beautiful game resorts across the country.
1. Valid Identity Cards or Passports will be the only accepted forms of identification. If a person has any other form of identification, he/she MUST give the 21-day notice.
2. Death Certificate of spouse if widowed and Divorce Decree Absolute if divorced.
3. Documentary evidence of reason why notice cannot be given e.g. invitation letter from an Embassy inviting the applicant for an interview on a specific date.
4. Completed Application form.
5. If application is approved, a fee of Kshs.6, 250 is paid.
6. A marriage date is then booked.
7. A Special License is also required if the wedding is to take place in a place other than the Registrar's Office. It is applied for after. Notice has been given. A fee of Kshs.10, 250 is payable.
8. All couples must bring two witnesses on their marriage day.
For full information and details visit the below website:
Kenya honeymoon advice
We will pass the information you provide to Caribtours so they can contact you with a personalised honeymoon price or advice from an expert Travel Consultant.
Other Destinations in Africa