Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

E
Curious August 2021 Derbyshire

When did you buy your dress?

Emma, 14 of August of 2020 at 19:14

Posted on Planning 50

I am getting married in August 2021 and I am already looking at wedding dresses ? how long before your wedding did you start shopping around for your dress? And when did you buy your dress?
I am getting married in August 2021 and I am already looking at wedding dresses ? how long before your wedding did you start shopping around for your dress? And when did you buy your dress?

50 replies

• E
    Emma ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Wow that's a great deal! I bet its amazing ?
    I went to Wed2b they were great and there was a few I liked in there but I'm going to a bridal shop today to try on some dresses hopefully will find the one x
  • K
    Beginner August 2022 Cheshire
    Karlad22 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I know! ? I just need to get a dress bag that can fit it in as the train length is like 72inches from the corset back. I looked on Web2be and although they are stunning I wouldn't pay the prices lol. If I can get something cheaper somewhere else then I will ? my partners brother is getting married next August a week before us (was meant to be this August but had to change it) and his mrs has bought her dress from Wed2be on finance and its cost her over £1000! ? I was like omg! Our whole wedding is around that! Ooo exciting, I hope you find the one! x
  • E
    Emma ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Oh wow 1000!
    I am not paying more than 300-400 no way!
    I showed the lady at wed2b the ones I liked online which were in my price range but she got me dresses to try on that were 549-599!!Will defo be telling them my price range today so I'm not trying dresses that are out of my budget on.
    I know I think out wedding is costing around 1500 altogether xx
  • K
    Beginner August 2022 Cheshire
    Karlad22 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yeah they seem to do that. Deffo tell them the most you will pay and that way you know what to look at. Eventhough I have got my dress I am still going to go to a wedding shop and try some on lol so I have the experience ? why not I say! I love my dress so I don't need to worry about liking another x
  • M
    Beginner September 2020 West Midlands
    Melissa ·
    • Hide content
    5 weeks before!
  • E
    Emma ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yeah why not lol its a lovely experience going dress shopping.
    So I found my dress today it was in the sale for £499 but the lady kindly let me have it for £400 ??I think I will have to have it altered so its a touch bigger on the top and abit on the length so not too much x
  • Sunnydiamonds92335
    Curious August 2021 Cheshire
    Sunnydiamonds92335 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    You found your dress!! ? that's great. Bet your really pleased and that's great she knocked some off x
  • E
    Emma ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I know!!! I'm so happy I found my dress it is beautiful I just need to find a belt for it now and my veil x
  • Sunnydiamonds92335
    Sunnydiamonds92335 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Pleased for you. Have you had a look on the quiz website? They have belts, shoes, hair accessories etc they dont have veils tho. I've seen a nice belt and some shoes I want and they are reasonably priced x
  • E
    Emma ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yes I have been looking on there I love the pearl and diamanté belt so thinking of getting that one and I've already got my shoes they are from quiz aswell ?
  • Sunnydiamonds92335
    Sunnydiamonds92335 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yes that belt is lovely I was looking at that one to.
    I'm spoilt for choice with the shoes, there are so many lol
    Sure you're goin to look fab ? x
  • HappyIvoryCakes12555
    Beginner April 2022 Essex
    HappyIvoryCakes12555 ·
    • Hide content

I get married in May 2021, I started looking pretty quickly after we got engaged and found the dress I love in February 2019!

• H
    Beginner June 2021 Kent
    Hayley ·
    • Hide content

Congratulations!!

I started looking for my wedding dress I would say not long after being engaged. I wanted to go to so many bridal shops but I my moh was great in telling me that if I went to loads I would never choose my dream dress. she was right I would say I went to the same shop 3 times and on the third visit I said yes to the dress 1 year before the wedding. which I would say is about right I cannot wait to go back and have my dress back on and have that amazing feeling!

Have fun shopping for the perfect dress!

• HappyGreenDiamonds3463
    Beginner September 2021 Hampshire
    HappyGreenDiamonds3463 ·
    • Hide content

Im getting Married September next year and i chose and bought my dress the other day its safely at my nans and doesnt need any alterations I started shopping early as im usually really fussy but it was the 6th dress i tried on and im alot calmer now its sorted.

• Rowan
    Beginner November 2021 South Yorkshire
    Rowan ·
    • Hide content
    Guilty! I’ve already started looking and I’m not getting married until November 21 ?
  • K
    Beginner August 2021 Lothian & Borders
    Kirsten ·
    • Hide content
    Hey!! I’m getting married in Aug 21 and I’ve already bought mine. It was more because of logistics but don’t think there’s a right or wrong time to do it. Just with whenever you fancy. I’ll need alterations but will do it closer to the time! So bash on and enjoy x
  • Stacey
    Beginner June 2022 Worcestershire
    Stacey ·
    • Hide content
    Congratulations
    We are getting married in June 2022 and I already have my wedding dress, I didn't expect to have it so early but when you find the one you just know
  • R
    Beginner March 2022 West Midlands
    Rebecca ·
    • Hide content
    I'm getting married march 2022 and have been shopping once. No intention to buy yet but I have a specific style in mind and wanted to check it looked ok on me, so I don't plan around that style then get to the time to buy and I look like a complete arse!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics