Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

HappyYellowCars94004
Beginner October 2021

What to do!!!!!

HappyYellowCars94004, 21 of October of 2020 at 16:49 Posted on Planning 0 2
We are due to marry in October 2021. Hoping some sort of normality will have returned by then but not hopeful.

Our dilema at the moment is, 50% of the balance for the venue is due in January. We dont want to pay half for our full guest list (80+) in January, but then only end up being allowed 30 or potentially less. We have debated cancelling altogether and trying to go abroad somewhere at some point or postponing until spring 2022. If we cancel after January, we will lose what we have paid so far. Its so hard to decide what to do!!! I wanted a wedding where all my friends and family were present as I am nearing 40 and want to have a special day, whereas my partner has been married before so hes done the big wedding thing. I know it should be about our love and celebrating our marriage but Im worried I will regret not having the day I was planning until covid struck!
How does everyone in this position feel?? Xx

2 replies

Latest activity by Ben, 7 of May of 2021 at 14:03
  • H
    Dedicated May 2022
    HappyGoldBridesmaid18836 ·
    • Hide content
    Mmm it’s difficult to predict how things will be in a years time but I know it’ll be causing you some anxiety.

Have you spoken to your venue about this? I would hope that if you were to pay for the full guest list and then only be allowed 30 then they will be able to refund you the difference? I can completely understand that you want to have a big day with all your friends and family and i don’t think you should compromise on that. Would you consider postponing your wedding for a few months to allow time for the virus situation to calm down? I would hope that most venues will be prepared to be flexible in this situation given how unprecedented this is.
  • HappyYellowCars94004
    Beginner October 2021
    HappyYellowCars94004 ·
    • Hide content
    We have been in touch with the venue and have a phone call arranged with them. I would be happy to postpone until the following spring to give this situation time to hopefully calm down. Will wait to see what the venue has to say when we speak with them.
    Thank you for your response x

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics