Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

*porsche*
Beginner January 2001

Weddings in Majorca?

*porsche*, 14 of October of 2009 at 09:49 Posted on Honeymoons & Getting Married Abroad 1 53

Anyone any experience there, would love to hear?

53 replies

Latest activity by Bride2022, 29 of August of 2021 at 09:37
  • L
    Beginner September 2009
    Lou xxx ·
    • Hide content

Hi Nicola,

We got married in Cala D'Or, Majorca on 17th September and we had the most fantastic day. I haven't done a wedding report as such as I have just been so busy with work, 2 small children and moving house, but would happily share any details of our day with you.

Is there something specific you need/want to know?

Lou x

• *porsche*
    Beginner January 2001
    *porsche* ·
    • Hide content

Hi Lou,

Everything really, did you use a wedding planner or go thru a travel agency?

Did you have to get married in the UK first?

What kind of wedding did you have?

Look forward to hearing.

Nicola

xxx

• L
    Beginner September 2009
    Lou xxx ·
    • Hide content

Hi again,

We had a church service followed by a reception at The Yacht Club in Cala D’Or. We didn’t use a wedding planner. We know the place quite well as we have been going there on holiday for the past 7 years so knew exactly where we wanted to get married and where we wanted the reception. We booked the church and the venue last September whilst out there on holiday and the rest of the arrangements were made either by e-mail or by phone. My Mum and I went out in May for 4 days just to run through arrangements for the day but to be honest we needn’t have done that. I found the whole planning experience to be relatively stress free. I am sure I would have been much more stressed arranging a wedding here.

Yes we did have to “legally” marry in the UK first. The vicar recommended we keep everything low key and do the deed at the registry office one lunch time in jeans and t-shirt so as not to detract from the ceremony in Majorca. We did keep things simple but not quite the jeans and t-shirt the vicar suggested. For us this was a small price to pay as we really didn’t want to get married anywhere else but I can understand it putting some people off getting married in Spain.

We flew 15 of our close family and friends out to Majorca to spend the week of the wedding with us and rented 3 villas to accommodate everyone. So, our wedding was relatively small but it’s just what we wanted.

The church service was wonderful. The vicar was fantastic and made the service personal to us and all our family. We had a choir who accompanied us in the hymns and sung the blessing. The whole ceremony was really special.

The reception was fab too. The food and service were excellent and the venue couldn’t have done any more for us. Nothing was too much trouble. We had a Spanish guitarist who played as our guests arrived right through the drinks and canapés until after the meal. He was fabulous. We had fireworks at 9.00pm and then everyone kicked back and relaxed. We didn’t have a DJ or a disco as we didn’t see the point for just 17 of us. Instead we had an i-pod and played our own music which was great.

There are planners available to help arrange weddings in Majorca. One I found would do as much or as little as you wanted and charged accordingly which I did consider but in the end I found I really didn’t need them. The events co-ordinator at the venue was able to provide contact details of good reputable suppliers who either spoke good English or were English themselves.

Not sure if this helps you or not. If you need more information or need the contact details of anyone over there just let me know.

Lou x

• *porsche*
    Beginner January 2001
    *porsche* ·
    • Hide content

Hi Lou,

Thanks for replying.

The venue looks amazing. It is only the second one I have looked at in the past 6 months that I have got giddy about.

Your wedding sounds beautiful, I'm hoping for something similar, although I think our guest list will be bigger.

I'm not fussed about getting legally married over here, and then having a blessing over there, if it's how we have to do it then that's fine with me. Could we get married in a church tho if we're not catholic over there or would we have to have it at the venue?

I'm not fussed about using a professional wedding planner, would prefer to do it myself. Does the Yacht Club have a planner that could organise flowers, musician etc?

Are there many nice hotels local to the Yacht Club do you know?

Sorry to mither, hope to hear soon.

xxx

• L
    Beginner September 2009
    Lou xxx ·
    • Hide content

Hiya Nicola,

Sorry for the delay in responding. I have just moved house and only just got my Broadband up and running.

I'm pleased you found the info useful and that you liked the venue. It is stunning and something a little bit different. They can definitely cater for a much bigger guest list. In fact the main room which they use for larger functions is beautiful. The staff there are really accommodating and basically I could have had anything I wanted, and I did!! The events manager as the Yacht Club is not a planner as such but will put you in contact with people who do the Flowers and cake etc. Having said that, she did organise the Spanish Guitarist we had playing and the Fireworks. These were all contracted to the Yacht Club and were included in our final bill. If you were to have entertainment in the evening, I'm sure they could arrange this too.

For the flowers we used a company called The Black Rose in Palma. They do lots of weddings and I must say my flowers were amazing. Just what I wanted. They weren't cheap though. The bloke who owns the company explained that flowers in Majorca are more expensive than the UK as they are flown in from Holland. However I did opt for mango cala lilies which were probably one of the most expensive flowers at €13 per stem!! There would be cheaper options I'm sure. He explained that if I'd have wanted white calas then they are grown on Majorca and would have been €1 per stem!!! Again, the Black Rose gave me exactly what I wanted, I provided pictures of the kind of thing I wanted and they re-created them. Everything was arranged over the phone or by e-mail. It was dead easy.

You can definitely get married in a church even though you are not catholic. We did. The Anglican Church kind of rent the churches from the Catholic Church. The vicar will be quick to tell you it isn't the cheapest way of doing things as you have to pay for the registry office here which is £100 and then pay the catholic church for using the church which I think was £120 and then the Anglican church for the vicars time etc £150. But again, we wanted a church so just paid it.

If you are definitely thinking of getting married in Majorca I can send you the e-mail address for the vicar. I would drop him a line and explain what you want and when you are looking to get married. I’m sure he will sort something out for you. He’s a really lovely man.

As for hotels, there are loads in and around Cala D’Or. If you go onto Travel Republic and search for Hotels in Cala D’Or it will throw most of them up. If however you have family and friends going over you might want to consider renting villas. This is what we did and it probably worked out cheaper. For example we rented a villa to sleep 6 people for £850 which included Hire car for the week. This villa was right behind the Yacht Club so really convenient.

For our honey moon we had 3 nights in The Blau Porto Petro which is a 5* resort 5 minutes from Cala D’Or. It’s expensive but fantastic and just what my H and I needed after the wedding when all out guests had gone home.

Hope all this helps. If you need e-mail addresses, telephone numbers or need to know anything else, just let me know.

Lou xxx

• *porsche*
    Beginner January 2001
    *porsche* ·
    • Hide content

Hi Lou,

Thanks again for the info., no probs about replying when you did, I'm not on here every day like most people anyway.

I've contacted the Yacht Club and I think we are going to visit when the season starts again in March next year, so I'm putting it to the back of my head until then.

I'm hoping we can work it out so we are there for about a week beforehand, and then the lads can have a few games of golf and get it out of their system and then hopefully everyone will go home and we can have another week on our own or go out on one of the yachts for a few days.

Would love the info on the villas if you don't mind and then at least it's another option, but obviously no rush.

Hope to keep in touch and maybe pick your brains nearer the time, if you're around.

And thanks again.

Nic

xxx

• *porsche*
    Beginner January 2001
    *porsche* ·
    • Hide content

Bump for Lou xxx

• N
    Beginner September 2010
    Nicky17 ·
    • Hide content

Hello Directory Wedding Guide event services here in cala dor. Special place for wedding or weddings. Why does planning your wedding have to be so hard? With the free wedding planning guide event tools that make up My Perfect Planner, it just got a little easier having your party in Cala dor on the island of Mallorca. Pictures from our Directory Wedding Guide - which lists events and services to make your day a special event along with that special party created here in Cala dor Spain. Make your day a memorable one with wonderful photographs, great food, marvellous music and settings second to none. Not the cheapest! but certainly the best value - a day to remember in Cala d or.

• S
    Beginner June 2010
    soon2bmrsf ·
    • Hide content

Hi Nicola,

We are getting married in Mallorca on 19th June this year. We are using the church in Crestatx and then on to C'an Picafort in a hotel called Casal Santa Eulalia. It is really beautiful.

How are your plans going?

I have a quick question for Lou, did you use a hair and make up artist? If so can you send me the details, trying to sort it out at the moment.

So Glad you said you didn't need to go out again before the wedding, we were meant to be going in March, but the airline we were using have gone bust so there are hardly any flights, decided to go out a few days earlier in June and sort things then!

Looking forward to hearing the news!

L x

• M
    Beginner
    Mc2b ·
    • Hide content

Hi Soon2bMrsF and Nicola

We are planning our wedding for June 2011 and have literally just started to think about where on the Island would be best. We want a fairly relaxed laid back affair with around 30 guests. I would be interested to hear how far in advance you were able to book the hotel etc as I have heard that the way it works there is v different from the UK (which I am sure will frustrate me no end!

Also any other tips/info you have would be greatfully received!

PS good luck with the makeup artist/

Thanks in advance

Lisa

• *porsche*
    Beginner January 2001
    *porsche* ·
    • Hide content

Hi girls,

We are booked to go over on March 20th for 4 days, so plenty of time to see the venue and the surrounding areas.

Am on countdown now.

Will update as soon as I get back.

Good luck with your plans.

xxx

• S
    Beginner June 2010
    soon2bmrsf ·
    • Hide content

Hi Girls

Mc2b congrats on your engagement!

If you are only have a small wedding I would suggest C'as Xorc near Deia, or S'Olivaret which is stunning, right in the middle of the mountains! I would email them and get quotes, that is what we did.

We booked our date in June this year a year before, but they thought we were crazy they said people normally book 3 months in advance.

We have booked coaches, car hire, flowers, church, Photgrapher, and hair and make up now! I have done it all online myself I don't think you need a planner.

We have to get married first in the UK legally and then we are having a service in the church in spain.

Let me know if you have any more questions, there is a good thread on you and you wedding website under weddings abroad, It is called Mallorca weddings and there are a few of us chatting on there at the moment.

nicola good luck with your trip, where are you going?

L x

• K
    Beginner July 2011
    KellsR ·
    • Hide content

Hi everyone

We are getting married in Majorca next year and have found a stunning venue just outside Andratx, its a 700 year old farmhouse, called Finca Son Bosch, it's run by a German family , who are really well organised. The Anglican vicar there is lovely, we went to see him in December and like Lou, he thought we were mad coming to see him so early on!

If anyone could give me ideas for getting hair done there, I would really appreciate it!

KellsR xxx

• carrollove
    carrollove ·
    • Hide content

What kind of wedding did you have?

• B
    Beginner September 2010
    bonnie161 ·
    • Hide content

Hi Ladies,

I am also getting married in Mallorca, although we have opted to legally get married over there too. A little bit more complicated but it is what I wanted.

There is another forum on youandyourwedding, which a couple of the ladies are already on, Nicola, if you wanted any ideas or suppliers etc.

I wanted to ask Lou if she had a contact number for the Spanish Guitarist and an idea of price? We are getting married at the church in Portals (Nous) and I wanted someone there before the ceremony and afterwards when the photos are getting taken.

Many Thanks!

• B
    Beginner
    Benieren ·
    • Hide content

Hi Nicola,

friends of mine got married on Mallorca, it was organised by a company based on the island called Gourmet Clique. They speak English and German. We are going to get married on Mallorca soon and we will use those guys as well, our friends had a wonderful perfect wedding event. Have a look on www.gourmetclique.com. Ask for Steph....Good luck with everything!!!

Sandra

• N
    NicoleL ·
    • Hide content

Hi KellsR

My best friend got married in Majorca last year and the wedding was incredible, the best I've ever been to. She looked absolutely stunning. She brought her dress with from the UK but used a hair and make-up team from the island who were recommended to her by the photographer. He said they do all the hair and make-up for the fashion magazines and celebrities. She also had amazing flowers which he had also put her in contact with. She didn't use a wedding planner and found the contacts herself.

Hope this helps and good luck with everything, you must be so excited.

Nicole

• M
    millsey ·
    • Hide content

Hello Lisa

I am the events planner for the Yacht Club Cala d'Or (have been speaking with Nicola above). If you need any help with anything, do contact me. My email address is ********@*********.***.

Majorca is a really relaxed and beautiful island to get married on, although I am stuck in sunny Essex so I get the short straw!

Good luck with the planning.

Kind regards

Claire

• G
    Beginner
    gooders30 ·
    • Hide content

Hello,

I came across this blog by chance and have already found all the chat so useful. I am wanting to get married in Mallorca as well having been holidaying on the island with my family for the last 20 years.

I have just started looking at possible venues - we are thinking along the lines of finding a lovely finca and wondered if anyone had any recommendations. I have already emailed Finca Son Bosch having seen someone recommend this as a possibility. Its look absolutely beautiful.

Are people finding that they are getting more for their money in mallorca? Everyone who i email i seem to find it very hard getting prices from anyone?

I would be so grateful for any help / advice as im just starting out and feeling quite overwhelmed! ha

Many thanks

Sarah

• M
    millsey ·
    • Hide content

Hi Sarah

Congrats on your forthcoming wedding. I can help with some prices if you would like to drop me an email (********@*********.***). We aren't a finca I'm afraid but still a fantastic venue. Do have a look at the website and I'd be more than happy to help or at least give you some info.

Good luck and kind regards

Claire

www.yccalador.com

• G
    Beginner
    gooders30 ·
    • Hide content

Hi Nicole,

We are getting married in majorca and wondered if you friend could recommend a good photographer out there who is reasonably priced? Also i would love the name of the hair and makeup team your friend used?

Thanks

Sarah

• N
    NicoleL ·
    • Hide content

Hi Sarah,

Great to hear from you and congratulations on your forthcoming Wedding. I was very lucky that through contacts I was able to use the best Hair and Make - up team on the island. They were extremely professional and in fact were very competitively priced. I had so many compliments on how I looked which was all thanks to them! Their contact details are ***********@*****.**.**. They also have great contacts for any last minute beauty treatments, relaxing massages, hair cuts and hair colour (I had my highlights touched up and my husband(!!!) had his hair tidied up). They also have the contact details for the Photographer who was amazing. The photographer does lots of fashion and celebrity shoots for magazines and the results were superb. Again the price was surprisingly reasonable..

Good luck with everything and please do ask if there's anything else I can help you with.

Nicole x

• G
    Beginner
    gooders30 ·
    • Hide content

Hi Nicole,

Thanks for this recommendation. I have emailed your contact. There is nothing quite like a personal recommendation with everything else you have to think about when organising a wedding.

I will let you know if i have any more questions.

Sarah

• J
    Beginner
    junglejim ·
    • Hide content

This may be of interest: https://www.gourmetclique.com/en/cateringvenuesmajorca.html

Good luck!

• G
    Beginner
    gooders30 ·
    • Hide content

Thanks so much. Funnily enough i am in touch with them at the moment. Did you use them for your wedding?

Forward on any other recommendations you have as well - i looking for all the help i can get!

Sarah

• N
    NicoleL ·
    • Hide content

Hi

If you are looking for live music and DJs I have some great recommendations. They have played with top international artists and really get everyone up and dancing. Hope the planning is going well and that you're enjoying it x

• N
    NicoleL ·
    • Hide content

Hi

If you are looking for live music and DJs I have some great recommendations. They have played with top international artists and really get everyone up and dancing. Hope the planning is going well and that you're enjoying it x

• G
    Beginner
    gooders30 ·
    • Hide content

Ooh yes live music recommendations would be great. I think DJ wise we will sort this ourselves as my fiance knows a couple who he wants to do this for us.

Thanks

Sarah x

• N
    NicoleL ·
    • Hide content

Hi Sarah,

Sorry for the slight delay, I had to get the contact details for you. The music and performance was absolutely brilliant, far superior to anything I've heard at other weddings! What was a great help is they offered various music options covering all age groups and tastes including a very Funky band, Soul/Motown Duos, Blues and much more. The contact email I've got for them is ************@*****.**.**.

Good luck and hope all the planning is going well, very exciting!!!

Nicole

x

• H
    Beginner June 2012
    hayley1982 ·
    • Hide content

Hi Everyone

I have recently got engaged and i am considering mallorca for my wedding. I am really struggling to find a venueand finding it stressful. At the moment i have 90 people im hoping the list will go down from that but thats where its stands.

I have enquired at finca son bosch as it looks amazing but the quote came back for£12,000 not inc dress/music/flowers/hair etc

Also have had a look at the cala d'or yacht club and they want £100 per person for a BBQ so £9000 on food.

I am wanting a simple beach wedding then a chilled BBQ after where there is no restriction on music or noise and somewhere close by to some hotels rather then in the middle of no where. my budget for the food to be no more then £3000 or i might aswell get married in the UK

My sister got married last year is Cyprus and the cost for the meal for 60 people was £2000 so im to sure why Majorca seems to be triple the price

I am wanting to find a venue by the end of the year so i can give people enough notice im think june to august 2012

Any help would begreatly appreciated

Hayley

• G
    Beginner
    gooders30 ·
    • Hide content

Hi Hayley,

I too am getting married 2012 and am currently looking for venues. I have spoken to a lady called Julie who is a planner. She is very helpful and will only present venues to you which are affordable in your budget.

Her website is

****@****************.**.**

Julie Bussell

Give her a call. She has been very helpful for me. One thing she did explain was the Mallorca is not infact cheap. In comparison to London its less expensive but she does stress that prices in Mallorca are quite high in comparison to what people think.

I have a friend who did hers in Cyrpus and yes it seemed to be a whole lot cheaper out there.

I also have a friend who recommended these people to me

https://www.m-moments.com/contacto/

I have emailed them too and they seem to be very helpful as well.

Good luck and pass on any helpful hints - i feel like i need all the help/ advice i can get too

Sarah

• M
    Beginner August 2011
    missjulieyoung ·
    • Hide content

Hi,

Also getting married in Mallorca 2011 and need ideas on a guitarist, transport, hireing lanterns etc.

Can anyone help...??

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics