Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

StaceyWarren
Beginner May 2015

weddings abroad, greece cheap beach or garden wedding

StaceyWarren, 30 of January of 2014 at 00:36 Posted on Honeymoons & Getting Married Abroad 0 4

So I was organising a wedding here and my guest list ws about 100 for the wedding breakfast going over ten grand

I am now looking at going abroad and found a beautiful place in Cyprus but its turning out to be expensive for my guests and flights

I have seen Greece is a lot cheaper but finding it hard to find a place I like. does any body know anyone who got married in Greece or been married in Greece that was in a beautiful location beach/garden ?

please help! x

4 replies

Latest activity by georgia_s, 2 of March of 2014 at 12:34
  • T
    Beginner September 2014
    TJJ ·
    • Hide content

Hello!

I'm getting married in Santorini this September. It is not cheaper than the UK. Santorini is double the price of other Greek islands. Corfu is quite affordable with cheaper flights. 100 people for a destination wedding is quite large so your costs will go up. I have 70 people coming and we are looking at £20,000 (at Rocabella Suites in Caldera side).

Ionian Weddings is the main planner in the UK and they have some affordable options.

good luck!

• P
    Beginner July 2014
    pennyh ·
    • Hide content

Hiya im having a zante wedding . 2hrs private hire of cameo island for ceremony and then the reception at Alexandra Beach Hotel (terrazzo beach) in tsilivi for 40 people - its saved us about 15 grand by not getting married in the uk. we have transport for the guests from tsilivi to cameo and back again, seperate transport for me & groom, a horse and carriage to take us the last bit of the journey back to the reception through the town, champagne reception on the island, 3 course mezze meal and wine, wedding cake, photographs, flower, hair & makeup for me and bm , table decorations, favours, all the paperwork sorting out - It really has been easy -

Plus because Zante is affordable for most people, everyone that we invited was able to afford the cost of the trip/holiday.

We are using Lisa at The Bridal Consultants - go have a look at thier website they have been amazing so far for us.

http://www.thebridalconsultants.com/

Let me know if you need anything else. Happy Planning x

• S
    Beginner April 2015
    SunnyIvoryDecor62 ·
    • Hide content

We are getting married in Crete and the local apartments where we always stay are acting as our wedding planners, we are saving thousands by going abroad. There is going to be about 40of us and as Crete is a cheaper Greek island all of our guests can afford to come also, plus the money we are saving, we felt we could help out and are paying everyones deposits. Defo worth looking at going abroad x

• G
    Beginner July 2012
    georgia_s ·
    • Hide content

Here are some options:

Chalkidiki in Northern Greece has nice locations for a wedding in Greece with decent prices and the best beaches in the country. Check out Afytos. Thessaloniki is the main city close by and it’s perfect for a city wedding next to the water.

We got married in July 2012 in a small village in Northern Greece. After checking other locations with a local wedding planner [Marina Charitopoulou @ www.concept-events.gr] we decided on the small village for sentimental reasons (family origin).

You can find low cost direct flights from the UK to Thessaloniki airport. Aegean Airlines has season direct flights to Thessaloniki. Halkidiki is an hour from Thessaloniki by car.

You'll get better prices during May/October and during weekdays. It also depends how far in advance you'll book everything.

Good luck with everything!

G.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics