Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

R
Beginner July 2020

Wedding Suits

RomanticYellowDiamonds32375, 15 of February of 2020 at 18:08 Posted on Planning 1 2

I have two quite broad questions relating to wedding suits as I am pretty clueless.

What would people say is a reasonable amount to spend on a suit? I know this depends on the individual's budget, but does anyone have an idea of the average?

If anyone had some suggestions for places to go in or around London that would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

2 replies

Latest activity by zaraahmad, 27 of February of 2020 at 10:53
  • R
    VIP July 2020 Monmouthshire
    RomanticGreenStationery27135 ·
    • Hide content

I don't think you can give an average, as it's very much going to depend on the quality of the suit - and to a certain extent, the area you live in. My cousin & his groomsmen just wore their 'best' suits for his wedding but bought matching ties. But I know other people who have bought bespoke suits which cost £1,000s!

If the groom wears suits a lot, then it might be worth splashing out on a very expensive or bespoke suit that can be worn for life. If not, you could look at hiring. Although I've often thought it makes far more sense for the groom to buy and the bride to hire, bearing in mind the bride rarely wears her dress again, whereas the groom could wear his kit for the rest of his life, figure permitting!

• zaraahmad
    Curious August 2021
    zaraahmad ·
    • Hide content

"Although I've often thought it makes far more sense for the groom to buy and the bride to hire, bearing in mind the bride rarely wears her dress again, whereas the groom could wear his kit for the rest of his life, figure permitting!"

Wow this seems to be a great idea. Its saving and practical as well.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics