Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Andrea
Beginner July 2021 Merseyside

Wedding July 2021

Andrea, 11 of January of 2021 at 17:28 Posted on Planning 1 35
So me and my hubby to be planned for our wedding to be July 2021. This has been the original date and not a postponed one due to the pandemic... any other brides on here getting married this month? I’m absolutely nervous and I’m just hoping things get a bit more ‘normal’ as I’ve never imagined my wedding just having 15 people. I’m starting to get fed up and don’t wanna plan anything ???

35 replies

Latest activity by Ben, 7 of May of 2021 at 17:01
  • C
    Beginner July 2021 Greater Manchester
    Catherine ·
    • Hide content
    Yes, my wedding is also booked for July 2021. We booked our venue in 2019! We’re starting to worry now too, especially as so many are already moving theirs to 2022! There’s still time for things to improve though!
  • F
    Curious September 2021 Argyll
    Farmerswifetobe ·
    • Hide content
    Yeah, we’ve got ours for September 2021 (original date, not postponed) - when we were planning it in July last year it seemed reasonable that things would be normal, but I’m not so sure now! Finding it quite stressful, and it does take away from the fun of planning...keep telling myself that with the vaccines, new treatments and better weather we are in with a good chance. Hopefully it’ll get a bit clearer in the next few months - nightmare for trying to work out what invites to send out though!!
  • D
    Beginner July 2021 North Yorkshire
    Donna ·
    • Hide content
    We have our wedding booked for July 2021 also. It is ok to be nervous with the ever changing guidance. But try not to let it spoil the excitement running up to the wedding and all the fun involved in planning. To give yourself some reassurance when planning, what I have done it asked all suppliers when is the latest numbers can be amended and plans changed. As either way I will still use them suppliers but on a smaller scale. Even if we can all only have 15 people we will be able to celebrate on a larger scale eventually.
  • Andrea
    Andrea ·
    • Hide content
    I’m so stressed ?
    My partner keeps saying we should just do a registry office as it’s about me and him and then have a party at a later date when things have died down and we can have our 100+ guests but to me it’s just not the way I wanna do stuff. Part of me wants to wait until end of April and see what kind of situation we are in then and decide? Would that be reasonable? Our venue fits 220 people so having just 15 will be shocking and it will look bare and just awful xx
  • C
    Beginner August 2023 Florida
    Carol ·
    • Hide content

I would never accept having only 15 guests on my wedding day. I'd rather change the date to a later date if this is the case.

• Andrea
    Andrea ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    This is what I’m debating. Only thing is my partners brother and his girl get married May 2022 so it might have to be sometime before then I think. Our original numbers were 100 day and 160 night so there’s no way I can get that down and have just 15-30 people it will be horrible ?? xx
  • E
    Curious July 2021 Hertfordshire
    ExpensiveGreenCakes49831 ·
    • Hide content
    We’re also in July and getting a bit nervous now.

Last July we thought we were in the clear and things would have improved. Now, each day I feel less sure that things will be normal and we can have our 120 guests.
    We could definitely get guests down to maybe 80 but neither of us want 15 or 30 guests.
    Last July cases were low, I think we had around 1000, so I’m hoping that with the vaccine, things should be much better.
    We’re going to make a call at the end of March on whether or not we postpone until 2022.
  • A
    Beginner April 2022 West Midlands
    A.c_Mua ·
    • Hide content
    We were supposed to get married 2021 July but we have decided to postpone it for April 2022 instead. We have 100 guests coming to ours and we want there. Last thing we want is our guests to wear masks and to social distance on the day x
  • M
    Beginner July 2021 South West London
    Maxine ·
    • Hide content

Our wedding is meant to be on 17th July 2021 and we are still hopeful (a little stressed, but hopeful)!

With news of the vaccine and what things were like last summer, I am hoping things will start to turn around in March time. We have 150 guests and sent our invites out just before before the new national lockdown was announced - but with everything that is going on, we know that our guests will understand if we have to change anything.

We will make a decision I think in March, as I am hoping we have a better idea of what things may be like. I would hate to move it when in actual fact it could still be OK.

I too have spoken to our suppliers to just incase and they have all been so understanding if we do have to change anything, the only issue would be if they can do the date.

Right now there isn't much we can do, but you have to do what is best for you and your partner x

• Andrea
    Andrea ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    It’s so hard right now isn’t it
    I spoke with the photographer, cake maker and people in charge of the venue and they have said the same there would be no issue in moving dates it’s just if they have that date available

Did you purchase wedding insurance? We never had to be honest as we’ve been told it don’t really cover covid but yeah being a nurse on the front line it’s not looking like there’s light at the end of the tunnel, but as you said things looked better last summer
    Just got to hold our some hope!! Xx
  • Lauren
    Beginner June 2021 Tyne & Wear
    Lauren ·
    • Hide content

Our wedding is 12th June 2021 and I'm just so stressed about it. We plan to make a call next month (ish) about whether it goes ahead or not, maybe March at a push, but it's getting to the time where suppliers are going to be asking for payment and my hen 'do is supposed to be April!

Last year we were so confident that there was NO WAY it could all go on into 2021 but if anything, it's worse, so I really don't know what to do.

Love to fellow brides to be, it's such a tough time and I hope you're dealing with it alright x

• J
    Beginner July 2022 Dorset
    Jade ·
    • Hide content
    Originally out date was 18th July 2020, postponed in the first lock down. Reschedule for 17th july 2021, we've rescheduled for 16th July 2022. I'm taking no chances. We want a wedding such as much as we want a marriage. But I want everyone to feel at ease. If the requirements is 15 people then That's basically not even half of our immediate family. I'd rather feel less guilty and have everyone we love there
  • M
    Beginner July 2021 South West London
    Maxine ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

It's such a difficult time - the uncertainty is horrible Smiley sad

We do have wedding insurance - we actually got it just as covid was starting (but it doesn't cover covid of course). I can't imagine how hard things are for you on the front line, such an inspiration. Yes definitely, let's hold onto some hope Smiley smile xx

• E
    • Hide content
    We’re end of July and I have no SO stressed. I didn’t think it was causing me so much stress but I broke down in tears last night after speaking to the in laws.

I’ve emailed our caterer and tipi company to see what dates they have available and the process of postponing until 2022.
    I feel so much better but a little stressed we won’t get the date we would like (we’re limited to school summer holidays).
    I just wish the government could announce what they expect to happen each month as we could then have a better idea of what to expect.

• C
    Beginner July 2022 Essex
    Charlieb ·
    • Hide content

We are due to get married in Vegas in mid July (small gathering with 8 of us in total), then hold a UK reception party the end of July (around 100 guests).

I have become disheartened with planning and feel very much in limbo about what to do. I have got to the point of not knowing whether to send out invites to the UK reception as no one knows what the future holds currently due to the uncertain times.

Even things like wedding dress shopping, just isn't the same as it isn't a case of going in store with family and friends and enjoying the experience Smiley sad

• Fab
    Curious September 2021 Surrey
    Fab ·
    • Hide content
    We have our date as beginning of September 2021 and I feel your pain ladies. We just had a chat and it is stressful and still struggling as we have very few suppliers booked. Thankfully our wedding was always going to be relatively small, but looking to make a call on this by April at the latest. We are getting married a few days earlier at the registry office (that will not change) just depends on when the official celebration will happen!
  • C
    Beginner August 2023 Florida
    Carol ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I can feel you darling. I wish you all the best with your wedding, I'm sure you will realize the best plan for this soon.

• E
    Beginner August 2021 British Columbia
    Eric ·
    • Hide content

Our wedding is in Canada August 2021 (original date, we only got engaged in November)

But I am from Ireland and I don't even know if any of my family will be allowed to come! Things are soooo uncertain, even over here too. I really hope things will go ahead as we hope and my family and friends can come too.

We don't even have that many people, 50 invited.. but its just a matter if Canada will actually let them into the country or not

• J
    Beginner August 2021 Dorset
    Jmb ·
    • Hide content
    Hi guys. Just seen this so wanted to explain our situation. We are (supposedly) getting married 23rd August and I’ve felt just like all of you. It’s rubbish. No one even asks me about the wedding, there’s been no excitement to it and it’s looking unlikely that it will go ahead at all. All very disheartening on what’s meant to be the most exciting day of our lives ey? We contacted our venue and they have basically said that they won’t even talk about postponing until 4 months before. My friend, who is getting married in April, has also asked to postpone until 2023 and they still have to wait a few more weeks as the venue can only go on what the government say not on the couple’s decision. Their decision can be made 8 weeks before. It might be worth checking with your venue now on what their options are. In a way, I feel a bit better that I can’t even make a decision, even if I wanted to, Until end of April so it’s kind of taken it out of my hands for now.

Just thought I’d let you know that it might be worth asking venue for what their terms are around Covid postponements etc . Fingers crossed for everyone xx
  • J
    Beginner July 2022 West Yorkshire
    Jess ·
    • Hide content
    Hiya all. I feel everyone’s pain. We were supposed to get married June 2020 & have postponed until 3rd July 2021. We really don’t want to have to postpone again but we also want to have the wedding we have planned & prepared for ? We have approx 120 day guests & are getting married in a pretty big church, with the reception in tipis outside so in reality this is a pretty good set up for a large number, but just can’t see through the fog at the moment to imagine how we can get to that point. It’s devastating as our lives are just totally on hold with no clear guidance or any glimmer of hope. Desperate to get back to the excitement of the build up but also reluctant to get any real hopes up ☹️ Hope everyone is doing ok in any case & there is some info shared for us all at some point x x
  • Laura
    Curious November 2021 Essex
    Laura ·
    • Hide content

Hey guys,

We were due to get married at the end of March but only very recently (just before Lockdown 3!) postponed it. Obviously everyone is different and want different things from their wedding. For me personally, it got to the point where a month ago I was happy with 15 and a meal but then after thinking about it and realising we wouldn't even be able to hug our nearest and dearest we postponed to November. I would honestly think the Summer will be looking so much more hopeful for you guys, they've already vaccinated 5 million people, imagine what it'll be in 5/6 months?! Plus with the warmer weather you should be in a strong position.

I would say just don't make a rash decision, there is still time and the situation is ever changing, just mentally be prepared it may not be 100% the wedding you had planned and base your decision as to whether or not you can compromise.

• Andrea
    Andrea ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I just think the daily death rates are scaring most people because it don’t seem to be decreasing sand then there is talks of lockdown until April? I’m just not looking very hopeful

I keep thinking about the options of having 15 or 30 people at our wedding and it’s just really upsetting. It’s hard for me to chose family members and friends at this point and also I knew a girl who got married before second lockdown ... only allowed 30 people but they wasn’t allowed a DJ at reception.. her bridesmaid said the atmosphere was awful so I just don’t wanna look back on my big day and regret it x
  • E
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    This is what my fiancé keeps telling me. He’s more positive about the situation than me.

I do keep reminding myself that last July we had 1000 cases and around 20 deaths a day. This was without the vaccine so surely this year must be similar, or better.
    Luckily our caterer and tipi company are happy to hold a date for us next year whilst we also try and aim for this year.
    I think we will have a much clearer idea by March and I’m keeping all my fingers crossed it’s a positive story.
  • Jessica
    Beginner July 2021 East Central London
    Jessica ·
    • Hide content
    We’re due to be getting married in early July (original date, booked in 2019!). We’re trying our best to be positive and have recently finished booking all our suppliers - we have 60 guests in total and are hoping that the combination of vaccines, summer, the effect of the lockdown, and the need to actually open up the economy will work in our favour. If worst comes to worst we’ll have to postpone but like others in the thread have mentioned, venues tend to do this as a reaction to recent government guidelines so I think we’ll have to wait until reasonably late in the day (May? ) to do this, so no idea what to do invitations! Ho hum. Stay positive! *hug*
  • Anita
    Savvy September 2021 Surrey
    Anita ·
    • Hide content

Hi Andrea, I'm getting married in September 2021 (it should have been last September, but we had to postpone). I feel the same way as you - I am so fed up of lockdowns and uncertainty, which means that you can't plan anything, it seems! It feels like things will never go back to normal, but I'm sure they will... we have the vaccine roll out happening as we speak, and I'd like to think by the end of June a LOT of people (not everyone) will have been vaccinated by that point. I DO however think they'll put a limit on numbers of guests again... I think they'll go back to 30 guests, but I'm purely guessing. This isn't what I'd ever imagined when trying to plan my wedding.. I'm sure you feel the same!

On another note, my cousin (in Canada) is due to get married in early July and she is concerned that they will have to postpone (for a second time). The venue won't offer them postponement until nearer the time.

What I would say is this... Reach out to your venue, let them know your concerns and ask if other couples getting married in July at the venue are also concerned. If you venue offers you postponement nearer the time, I'd say accept it, because most venues will be booked up for 2021... and most likely for 2022 because of all of the postponements that have already had to happen. It will be easier to accept a postponement than try to get your money back with the venue, and also means that you still have a venue secured for when your big day will take place.

• E
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    We’re also having a tipi reception but with the ceremony outside. I feel positive this week we would be okay, being outdoors and how the situation is improving.

I do feel like I’m playing a game of Russian roulette with this wedding planning though. I’ve completely stopped and feel like it will be a mad rush from June!
  • F
    Beginner July 2021
    FL2020 ·
    • Hide content
    We're July also and now planning for a smaller wedding, already postponed from August 2020 but honestly think restrictions e.g masks and distancing will be in place well into 2022 with all the variants so we're just going to make the best out of it! Taken all the fun out of it now, just want to get married and accept the big day wasn't meant to be!
  • Sunnybluebride3107
    Sunnybluebride3107 ·
    • Hide content
    I’m getting married at the end of July 2021 and I don’t care whether it’s just the two of us- I’m getting married! We’ll probably postpone our reception to July 2022 which is when everyone (our 100+ guests) can celebrate with us. I got engaged Nov 2020 so I kind of gave up on my big dream wedding and instead I am making a new dream wedding that is small and intimate.
  • D
    Dedicated June 2021 Hertfordshire
    Daisy ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    This is exactly our thinking too! We got engaged in Dec 2020 and want to marry quickly, so rather than book a big wedding and then be disappointed that it can't happen as we want, we've just booked a small 30 guest wedding from the off for this June which we are really excited about. All aspects of the day are being planned with smaller numbers in mind (timings, table layouts, entertainment, etc.) so hopefully the day will feel intimate and special rather than empty. We are also fully prepared to drop to 15 guests if that's all that's allowed, and if we're in the situation that weddings aren't allowed at all then we'll forgo the whole thing and just get wed at a registry office when we can just the two of us (our venue and photographer will give us a full refund if we have to cancel due to national restrictions).
    The situation is what it is - a wedding would be lovely but we ultimately just want to be married.
  • Sunnybluebride3107
    Sunnybluebride3107 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I’m quite an impatient person so the thought of having a long engagement was always out of the question. To me, 9 months of engagement is too long aha! I was planning the wedding before he proposed as we had been talking about getting engaged for a while so I knew what I wanted it was just about making it happen. We’re quite lucky that our church and registrar are flexible so whatever the restrictions, it’s likely the ceremony will go ahead.
  • Claire
    Beginner July 2021 Derbyshire
    Claire ·
    • Hide content
    We are due to get married in July too. I have spoken to our venue to just look at all of our ‘what if’ options. We have made the ultimate decision that regardless we are getting married whatever the wedding looks like. So the idea is to have the Church wedding and then a sit down meal at the venue or Church wedding and postpone the reception and add a blessing. However the venue is trying not to postpone any weddings too far in advance - which makes it harder as we want to try for a baby this year - so really it would be good to postpone for a good couple of years. I find it hard some days, as right now I feel like I should be looking at invites and getting those ordered and little things like favours. I haven’t even booked hair and make ok yet. But then other days, I just tell myself you have no control over what’s happening so don’t stress. We have decided our guests for 6/15 limitations. To be honest I think any more than 15 and it starts to get hard on picking who to invite :/
  • Claire
    Beginner July 2021 Derbyshire
    Claire ·
    • Hide content
    Also our venue has said, they would only start looking at reserved dates 10 weeks before the wedding and they have been saying they would only rebook in the same year as the original date. They did say a little compromise from
    Both sides is needed and if we really did want to postpone until 2023 then it could be something they look at. I have come round to the idea of having 15 guests now if we can have a sit down meal. I imagine a long table outside the venue and it being really laid back, intimate and special.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics