Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Natalie
Beginner September 2021 Hampshire

Wedding insurance

Natalie, 18 of October of 2020 at 10:31 Posted on Planning 0 9
Good morning,
Was after some advise really, we are newly engaged and have started planning our wedding for the end of next year. I am looking for wedding insurance but so unsure about it all.., has anyone got insurance that covers most things?
We will be getting married next year no matter what so covid isn’t really an issue, it’s more company’s have financial difficulty and our money not being returned. Please any advise would be very much appreciated. Have a lovely Weekend. X

9 replies

Latest activity by Zara, 31 of March of 2021 at 00:04
  • H
    Curious October 2021 Norfolk
    Holly ·
    • Hide content

Hi Natalie

I'm the same - I was thinking about not getting insurance on the basis that it sounds as though no policy would pay out on anything regarding covid. However, i've since thought that actually there are so many other things that could happen in the run-up which doesn't have anything to do with covid! A biggie being our suppliers etc., most of them have asked for BACS payments so no security etc.

I haven't started to look yet though, would be keen to hear anyone else's experiences!

• Natalie
    Natalie ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Hi,

So everything I Have paid for at the moment I have paid by credit card or debit card.. I’m worried about not having insurance but also what does it cover that a credit card doesn’t.
  • Jacky
    Savvy June 2022 West Yorkshire
    Jacky ·
    • Hide content

Unfortunately the choices on insurance seem pretty limited at the minute - I can only find one supplier actively offering insurance (covermywedding). It worries me that they are the only ones offering insurance (what makes them different to everyone else - is there policy less robust?) but at the same time don't want to lose out if suppliers go bust - the risk of which has increased as a result of Covid. Will be interesting to see what others are doing.

• HappyPinkHair15172
    Dedicated September 2022 Merseyside
    HappyPinkHair15172 ·
    • Hide content

Hi there, Ladies!

Firstly, congratulations to you both! Super exciting times, despite all the crazy C19 stuff!

As a former Wedding and Events Manager for the National Trust (and Bride-in-waiting!), I cannot stress how important it is to have insurance cover.

Not only will it cover you if your suppliers go out of business, fail to turn up or deliver services as promised, but it also covers you for any accidental damage/injuries caused during your wedding by your guests (it does happen!)

Admittedly, I bought our insurance in May 2019 for our original September 2020 date, so our policy will be different to any being offered currently, but for the £62 it cost me, the peace of mind was phenomenal! We are covered for up to £25000, so £62 was a drop in the ocean.

Have you checked out Martyn Lewis' website? He usually has good advice.

Good luck to you both!

Ali xx

• Natalie
    Natalie ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Hi Ali,

Thank you so much for tour message, I’m looking at wedding insurance and I really don’t understand it to be honest.. I’ll have a look at Martin Lewis. Thank you once again x
  • Natalie
    Natalie ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I’m in 2 minds... I’m worried that I can’t get insurance or the only insurance that I can get aren’t great. What have you seem insurance wise? John Lewis has now stopped new applications.
  • Jacky
    Savvy June 2022 West Yorkshire
    Jacky ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I'm in the same boat, sadly Martin Lewis doesn't have anything useful to offer either, it's just wait and see when people start offering policies again.

My wedding isn't until June 2022. I paid the venue deposit today by credit card but don't expect to make many other purchases until next year so I'm thinking of holding off on getting insurance until the new year to see if any other suppliers come back. Also my venue has a policy whereby they knock up to £75 off your bill if you prove you have insurance so worth checking that out!

• H
    Curious October 2021 Norfolk
    Holly ·
    • Hide content

The only cover i've been able to find is covermywedding and I'm not that impressed with their policies. We've decided to hold off on insurance for now, as we're trying to pay all deposits with credit card for some layer of security, and then we don't have any other large payments to pay until the new year. So i'm hoping by January policies may have restarted again and allow us better policies/more choice!

• Natalie
    Natalie ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That’s my plan, I could only fine that clover too and its not great.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics