Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

RomanticIvoryDiamonds33675
Beginner April 2021

Wedding guilt

RomanticIvoryDiamonds33675, 28 of October of 2020 at 00:00 Posted on Planning 0 6
First time poster needed somewhere to confide in. Has anyone else got wedding anxiety guilt? Our wedding is booked for April 2021 (booked precovid) and my stress and dread its growing every day, but the worst part is I dont feel like I can discuss it with friends and family as "it's just a wedding". I am aware that people are loosing their lives and jobs and I feel selfish when I compair my worries with theirs but it doesn't diminish the anxiety. We both have large families and my I have been friends with my bridesmaids over 20 years so we will postpone if the number stands at 15! Is anyone else getting married in april 2021? How long are you going to wait before committing to postponing? I am worried if I wait really close to the day it will be much harder to move everything (all good dates will be taken etc) on the other hand if I jump the gun and commit to moving it and then the numbers increase and we could have gone ahead, I will be devastated! Just don't know what to do for the best!

6 replies

Latest activity by Amybethxox, 29 of October of 2020 at 17:20
  • H
    Curious October 2021 Norfolk
    Holly ·
    • Hide content

Aww i'm really sorry to hear that you're feeling guilty and stressed Smiley sad which you shouldn't feel guilty at all - this is a valid time in your life to have all these thoughts and feelings! Have you got any of your close friends you feel like you can confide in? Especially any that may have been newly-married, so they understand how they would feel had their wedding been affected by all of this!

In terms of moving your wedding etc etc., I think the only thing I could say is whatever makes you feel better is the best answer. Sadly no-one has a crystal ball to know what next year will look like, so there really isn't any 'right' choice. So I would pick your gut feeling!

I'm not until next October so hopefully have a bit more time for things to settle down.. if i were April though, I would probably be holding my nerve until after Christmas and see how that has all effected things, potentially end of Jan?

• T
    Dedicated September 2021 East Central London
    Theorganisedbride ·
    • Hide content

I'm in the same boat as you pretty much! Wedding is early May 2021, and also struggling to be excited for it, as I have a feeling we may have to postpone. I don't think anyone not in our position really gets how tough it is. I know so many people being affected by the situation in worse ways (redundancies etc) so don't want to complain, but at the same time feel frustrated. Our plan is to wait until circa March 2021 to come to a decision on moving the date...I'm hoping after winter things will look more positive!!

• RomanticIvoryDiamonds33675
    Beginner April 2021
    RomanticIvoryDiamonds33675 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yes! That is exactly it! I do have people to talk to but i dont want to seem insensative or like i am complaining when there are worse things going on, people who arent in the situation cant really understand. Non of my friends or famil are planning a wedding, and only married friends and family got married year ago! I am thinking we will old off till jan maybe even feb! Even if its raised to 30 people i could cope with that! Good luck lovely and i hope you are right about it easing!
  • HotDiggityDamn83
    Savvy August 2021 Cardiff
    HotDiggityDamn83 ·
    • Hide content

I'm end of March and we've just had everything on hold - then earlier this week I realised it's November next week and started to panic! We've told friends and family the date - I think we will send invites out soon with a card with a note saying something along the lines of "based on current situation we may have to reduce numbers to 30" or .... advise not booking accommodation until closer to the time. It's very difficult to know what to do, but rest assured there are a lot of us in the same boat!

• April21Bride
    Rockstar July 2021 West London
    April21Bride ·
    • Hide content
    I think the posts above say most of what I intended but wanted to add....

You can drown in a puddle or at sea; either way they’ve drowned. That is to say shouldn’t compare each other’s concerns or struggles. They are relative and of comparable importance.
    If you are worried lean on your friends. That’s what they are there for. ?
  • Amybethxox
    Curious December 2021 Essex
    Amybethxox ·
    • Hide content
    Hey,
    Please don’t ever feel guilty about how you are feeling. You are completely entitled to feel every emotion as it is such a weird time.
    We had booked our wedding for early June 2021 but have now changed it to end of July 2021. There is only 6 weeks difference but I was getting so anxious and could not enjoy anything to do with the wedding. I do feel slightly better now, however, we are going to make our FINAL decision in January as we feel we will know where we are going by then. I hope you feel better soon and use hitched as a place to ‘talk’ as people really do understand x

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics