Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

N
Beginner December 2020 West Midlands

Venues still expecting minimum bookings despite restrictions!

Natalie, 24 of September of 2020 at 14:19 Posted on Planning 0 4
Hi everyone,

I hope you are all OK given the current climate ?.
Just wandered if any new brides had been able to secure a venue that is willing to accommodate a smaller wedding? (Prefrerably Midlands). We are wanting to book 30 max to be on the safe side for next year. Our original date abroad abroad has gone to pot ? The difficulty is, a lot of venues we have approached are still sticking to minimum numbers despite the fact that we aren't allowed to have that many people there. I've spoken to 4 today who's minimum numbers are still 60-80. Feels like a bit of a set up because most are not offering refunds if the minumum numbers they implemented cant be honoured. Please let me know your thoughts/ experiences.

4 replies

Latest activity by Anna, 28 of September of 2020 at 18:50
  • R
    VIP July 2020 Monmouthshire
    RomanticGreenStationery27135 ·
    • Hide content

Can you look at non-traditional wedding venues? Maybe a cute country inn with a private dining room? Look for somewhere that does weddings (so you know they're used to it) but that doesn't push themselves as a 'wedding venue' and you'll probably find much more flexibility.

• Paige
    Beginner March 2021 Shropshire
    Paige ·
    • Hide content

My suggestion would be non-traditional wedding venues too. A lot of purpose built wedding venues are made to hold large numbers, hence the minimum.

Hotels and family pubs/restaurants are likely to have function rooms that could be used for a small wedding and are more likely to have lower minimums (or no minimum!), or perhaps a venue where you could have a small marquee outside?

• N
    Natalie ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Good call, thank you. I will keep trying Smiley smile
  • N
    Natalie ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yes good advice. I've had some luck with a wedding house ??.thank you for your input

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics