Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Panjita
Beginner May 2011

VENUE - Questions you are asking or Questions you wish you had asked

Panjita, 15 of March of 2011 at 16:43 Posted on Planning 0 8

We have our final meeting with the venue events planner this weekend and we have gone completely blank on what ew should ask her. Can you tell me what questions you asked or will ask and if you are already married, what did you wish you had asked?

8 replies

Latest activity by Panjita, 16 of March of 2011 at 11:48
  • Little Madam
    Beginner
    Little Madam ·
    • Hide content

I wish I had clarified who set everything up - and whether I could drop off my DIY bits for set up or whether i'd have to do them myself. (Luckily I still have time to ask!)

Also the logistics of moving rooms etc - will chair covers for example be transfered over?

If you are having a Civil ceremony where will guests go while the room is re-set up?

• Sherrie H
    Beginner
    Sherrie H ·
    • Hide content

This might help:

1. Is your venue available on the required date?
    2. Is your venue easy to find?
    3. Is your venue licensed to carry out civil weddings?
    4. If you do hold a license for civil ceremonies, what authority do you come under and can you supply names contact details for the registrar?
    5. Will ours be the only wedding at your venue on our wedding day?
    6. How many people can you accommodate?
    7. How many car parking spaces are available?
    8. Do you allow confetti to be thrown at the venue?
    9. Do you allow candles to be lit in the reception room?
    10. Do you allow professional firework displays at your venue?
    11. Do you have landing permission should we want a helicopter to whisk us away after the evening reception?

Room

1. Do you offer the option of a marquee?
    2. Are there separate rooms provided for the wedding, reception, meal, evening reception, etc?
    3. Is there a room provided for the use of "bride and groom" for the day?
    4. Is there a dressing room that the bride and bridesmaids can use prior to the ceremony?
    5. When can we have access to begin setting up the room in terms of decorating it with balloons, flowers, banners, etc? (Morning of wedding, day before, etc?)
    6. If the evening reception is being held in a room that is being used for something else earlier in the day, do you require the DJ/Band to set-up their equipment beforehand?
    7. Is there an area that could be used as a crèche if needed?
    8. Is there a quieter area for older guests to get away from the noise of a band/DJ?
    9. If rooms are available for overnight accommodation, how many?
    10. What are the costs for overnight accommodation?
    11. Is breakfast included?
    12. What is the checkout time the following day?
    13. Do you have a room where you are able to store wedding presents until you are able to collect them and are you insured for any loss or damage to these presents?

Catering

1. Do you insist on doing all the catering?
    2. Can you supply examples of suggested menus along with prices?
    3. Do you include a cake stand and knife if required?
    4. Do you have a preferred order of service (when and where do we cut the cake)?
    5. What time do you offer an alcohol license until?
    6. What time do you insist the reception finishes by?
    7. Do you insist on supplying the wine and champagne?
    8. If we are able to supply the wine, what do you charge for corkage?
    9. Can you recommend a company to supply our wedding cake?

• L
    Beginner September 2012
    Little Rhi ·
    • Hide content

Excellent advice from Sherrie H. ?

xx

• massuch
    Beginner July 2011
    massuch ·
    • Hide content

I'm in contact with the venue events organiser everyweek either by email or phone, I keep coming up with questions but she is great and is always more than happy to help me and give me advice.

The most recent questions I asked her was how big the tables and the top tables where so I can have table runners made and also what happens for the evening set up i.e. how many extra tables will they put out or do they add extra seats to the tables already there, this has helped me know how much table decorations I need for the evening.

Check-in time is a good question, I'll have to ask that one as ceremony is at 1.30 and there's quite a lot of people staying at the hotel. x

• Panjita
    Beginner May 2011
    Panjita ·
    • Hide content

Thanks for your responses... it's more the FINAL fine-tuning questions I was thinking of as the wedding is in 10 weeks and the venue was booked over a year ago.

• Peter
    Peter ·
    • Hide content

A couple of other thoughts:

Ask about wet weather scenario. Is there space possible inside the venue for photography.

If people are staying at the hotel, some use the photography time to check in and go to their rooms. This "could" mean that you will have people missing from any group shots. If this is important to you, ask for checking in to be done before or after.

hth

Peter

• Panjita
    Beginner May 2011
    Panjita ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Good one!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics