Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

J
Beginner May 2021 Overbetuwe

Veil or no veil?

Joanne, 4 of January of 2021 at 14:02 Posted on Off Topic Posts 0 2

I was wondering if anyone had been doubting on to veil or not to veil?

I'm not a tradional bride. I have a colored dress, won't be given away by my father and I'm not even wearing a flower-bouquet. So is an veil (one of the most tradional things of an bride's outfit) going to 'fit'?

Anyone who wants to share own experience with this choice on 'to veil, or not to veil'?

2 replies

Latest activity by PhotographybyBillHaddon, 13 of January of 2021 at 17:05
  • Mrs Double-Barrelled To Be 85
    Beginner May 2022 West London
    Mrs Double-Barrelled To Be 85 ·
    • Hide content
    I was 100% anti vail. I thought they were for religious ceremonies only and I’m not religious at all so I didn’t want it!
    BUT when I went to try on dresses just before lockdown 2.0, I put on what went on to be my dream dress, and then they put a belt and a long chapel length veil on me and OMG I’m in love!! The veil they put on me was £230 so I won’t be getting that one, but I will be getting one similar for sure. Once they reopen the shops, I suggest going to bridal shop and trying one on and see how you feel. It totally converted me! X
  • PhotographybyBillHaddon
    Super January 3000 Leicestershire
    PhotographybyBillHaddon ·
    • Hide content

Most of my brides who have a veil do not actually use it as a "veil" at all.

I would say that only about 60% of my Church weddings the bride uses the veil as a veil and for a civil ceremony its about 5%

They come in so many lengths and materials, anything from a shear gossamer like material to a heavy lace. Also worth thinking about is that you can remove it anytime you like if you have one, most never stay in all day.

For me as a wedding photographer I love em, especially the way they can "glow" with some light behind them, they can also create an almost dream like quality in your photos.

As Mrs Double-Barrelled To Be 85 says, just try some on and see how you feel.

Here are a few shots for you, hope they help but watch out if its windy on your wedding day!

Veil or no veil? 1

Veil or no veil? 2

Veil or no veil? 3

Veil or no veil? 4

Veil or no veil? 5

Veil or no veil? 6

Veil or no veil? 7

Veil or no veil? 8

Veil or no veil? 9

Veil or no veil? 10

Veil or no veil? 11

Veil or no veil? 12