Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

B

Upfront Payments?

12 of September of 2012 at 16:14 Posted on Planning 0 14

Hi,

We have managed to waggle a slight discount for upfront payment of our cars (£700) and our photographer (£775).

Has anyone else paid things upfront?

Thanks

14 replies

Latest activity by Peter, 12 of September of 2012 at 22:32
  • ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown
    Beginner January 2012
    ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown ·
    • Hide content

As opposed to paying afterwards? We paid for everything beforehand.

• Knees
    VIP August 2012
    Knees ·
    • Hide content

Where I was sure there were no issues about suppliers going bust etc (although I appreciate you can never be 100% sure), I paid as much as I could as I booked. Most other things I paid for before we left the UK.

• Sam&Louise
    Beginner September 2015
    Sam&Louise ·
    • Hide content

Just a word of warning, a previous client was offered this option and a couple of weeks later the supplier went bust. Thankfully she hadn't taken them up on the offer and only lost her deposit, but it could have been a very different outcome.

Make sure you have insurance in place before putting down any money and check out the suppliers as much as possible if you've not done so already Smiley smile

• xlovebirdsx
    Beginner August 2012
    xlovebirdsx ·
    • Hide content

Our tog didnt want paying until on the day

• pandorasbox
    Beginner August 2012
    pandorasbox ·
    • Hide content

We paid our DJ upfront because he was linked to the venue.

• *AJS*
    Beginner December 2012
    *AJS* ·
    • Hide content

Also with regards to wedding insurance our insurance only covers us for the deposit amounts for our goods/services so if we paid the full amount upfront we would only receive the deposit back from our insurers. So you may need to check that you would be covered for the full balance.

• quackers
    Beginner August 2013
    quackers ·
    • Hide content

The only thing i've paid in full way ahead fr a discount is the mens suits because I got 25% off, but its covered on my insurance!

• missmandymoo
    Beginner August 2014
    missmandymoo ·
    • Hide content

I asked my venue about discount if I paid upfront and they came back with approximately £300 off. However, I worked out if I kept the money in my ISA account, I'd earn around £300 interest anyway so didn't go with it in the end.

Just out of interest, how much discount did you get off your photographer?

• Kylie541
    Beginner February 2013
    Kylie541 ·
    • Hide content

Just to mirror what others said about insurance. Ours don't like you to pay full amounts before they are due!

• hazyclaire
    Beginner November 2012
    hazyclaire ·
    • Hide content

I got 10% discount off my dress for paying upfront

• L
    Beginner June 2013
    LC to be ·
    • Hide content

I got 10% off my TOG. They were recommended by my venue and been TOG for long time so felt happy wouldn't go bust. Also have insurance.

• kharv
    Beginner March 2012
    kharv ·
    • Hide content

For those that have paid extra upfront - I would check your insurance policies that you're covered for making payments earlier than you needed to.

• Peter
    Peter ·
    • Hide content

Out of interest, how many vendors DON'T want to be paid up front? It has been pretty standard for many years due to bad history.

With me, I have differing agreements on payment dates dependent on what the clients order which is "client friendly".

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics