Unisex nursery ideas/colours

Join the conversation!

Chat and get advice from other brides-to-be.

Register for free Sign in to reply
Page 1 of 2 (18 items) 12Next >
Sort Posts:
  • Posted: 20 Feb 2012 21:17

Unisex nursery ideas/colours

I'm looking for inspiration for starting the baby's room from scratch...had planned on just doing plain white walls and then adding stickers once born and we know gender, but I quite fancy giving it some colour/wall art. Has anyone got any pics to share or ideas you've seen and like? I am pretty hopeless at this kind of thing!

• Posted: 20 Feb 2012 21:22

Re: Unisex nursery ideas/colours

We did ours with yellow walls, wood floor, sheepskin rug and  a baby jungle animal  theme from Mothercare for curtains, stick arounds, and hooks.  I had a boy and then a girl, and they both had that as their Nursery and it worked well, and was nice and bright.

• Posted: 20 Feb 2012 21:23

We knew we were having a girl when we had E but I was still wary that she might be a boy so wanted a unisex nursery so we did it a lemon colour with Humphrey's Corner border and bedding.

We didn't know what sex J was so we painted the walls cream and beige and got a border from Next and got the samed bedding.

• Posted: 20 Feb 2012 21:33

We have gone for duck egg on the walls and we're going to get some wall stickers too. We've got some bits from the baby's r us jungle fun range so it should be nice and bright and suitable for either flavour! x
  • Posted: 20 Feb 2012 21:34

catarina:

We did ours with yellow walls, wood floor, sheepskin rug and  a baby jungle animal  theme from Mothercare for curtains, stick arounds, and hooks.  I had a boy and then a girl, and they both had that as their Nursery and it worked well, and was nice and bright.

We've done the same.

• Posted: 20 Feb 2012 21:35

we did magnolia & lemon on the walls and had the cot bedding & curtains in a jungle theme from mothercare.

• Posted: 20 Feb 2012 21:39

we went for brights/strips. stripey rung, white curtains with stripes sewn on as ribbons. and ikea lack shelves layered in bright colours

• Posted: 20 Feb 2012 21:39

WE have pale green walls with jungle animal stickers around 2 sides of the room with neutral beige Winnie the pooh curtains. 

• Posted: 20 Feb 2012 22:17

We had white walls with the m&p gingerbread border. My man made red gingham curtains. The furniture is all white and lots of teddies around. 

Since having little miss we've added a but of pink here and there.

• Posted: 20 Feb 2012 22:22

Even though we knew we were havving a girl I'd already decided I wanted a neutral teddy bear theme. Any excuse to share pictures!!

• Posted: 21 Feb 2012 7:28

We went for cream walls, carpet and blind and then had this range http://www.preciouslittleone.com/lollipop-lane/&filt=450-/?gclid=CMHgwrzFrq4CFYUgfAodlgN-Rg and bought lemon and pale turquoise sheets and bedding.  We've just changed moved our youngest into his big boy bedroom so I will be sadly selling our nursery stuff soon, sob sob

• Posted: 21 Feb 2012 7:31

Thanks all! some fab ideas/pics - you've given me some good ideas! x x

• Posted: 21 Feb 2012 16:37

Hmm - photos didn't work last night - try again...

• Posted: 21 Feb 2012 16:45

E's room is cream on three walls and pale blue on the other. She has a green 'grass like' rug and we brought in more girly things with pink curtains and cushions. 

My original plan was for Autumn like colours and once we know which room will be hers/theirs I will redo this theme. I love this

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Colourful-Tree-Wall-Stickers-Decal-art-Mural-Children-Decor-Paper-Reusable-/260894335789?pt=UK_Wallpaper&hash=item3cbe83a32d#ht_1891wt_1037

• Posted: 21 Feb 2012 16:48

We wanted neutral but with abit of colour,so did this. Its all done by hand,well sponge actually!

Return to: Baby Talk
Page 1 of 2 (18 items) 12Next >