Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

C
Beginner August 2022 Greater Manchester

Struggling to lose weight!

Charlotte, 14 of January of 2021 at 15:13 Posted on Beauty & Wellbeing 0 9

Hello All!

I'm getting married in August 2022 and am looking to lose weight for the wedding. I currently am 11st and am 5ft 3lb, im size 14 in clothing and would love to lose a st and a half! I dont know if that is too ambitious or not but i have been trying to shift the weight for a while, for 4 months strait i was religiously going gym and doing slim fast but all i did was put on weight (i started at 10st 12lb but was going up so fast i was putting on 2lb every other day) still and notice no change and was feeling more out of breath and struggled so much, doing this i felt weak and exhausted all the time... so im just wondering if anyone else has struggled this way before? and if so have they done anything to start losing weight.

Many thanks. X

9 replies

Latest activity by Alyona, 27 of September of 2023 at 07:03
  • L
    Leicestershire
    LucyH ·
    • Hide content

Hi Charlotte, you have plenty of time to get to where you want to be Smiley smile

I'm a fitness and nutrition coach and I help brides drop a dress size (or more) to feel their best on their big day without having to spend hours in the gym or give up their favourite foods.

You can try any number of diets and have varying degrees of success. While they all work in essentially the same way, how successful you are depends on how well it fits with your lifestyle. Often weight gets put back on because a diet is too restrictive, changes aren't sustainable and old habits creep back in.

My 12-week bridal body coaching package is individualised. I work with my brides one-on-one to identify changes that are realistic and will make a difference to them. Those changes should be sustainable reducing the likelihood of putting weight back on.

It's not a case of do as I say, I work in partnership with my clients. If something doesn't work for you, we'd collaborate to find out why and come up with an alternative. Just like in a marriage or any successful relationship.

Because of the individualised nature of my package, I am limited in how many clients I work with at any time. If you'd like to find out more about whether we'd be a good fit to work together let me know Smiley smile

• Rachel
    Beginner April 2022 Kent
    Rachel ·
    • Hide content
    Hi charlotte

A stone and a half by August is totally manageable you can do and now you’ve got the best motivation towards it. Weight loss is definitely a mixture of diet and exercise you should try slimming world as you’re only really expected to lose a couple of pounds a week and the food is much more probably what you normally eat. Best of luck
  • J
    Beginner September 2022 Northamptonshire
    Jess03 ·
    • Hide content

Hi Charlotte.

I'm getting married in September 2022 and although I have a fair more amount of weight to lose than you, I've lost 2 stone since last June and want to lose another 2 at least before the wedding.

The best thing I've found for me is just simple calorie counting - I've done all the other diets (SW/WW) and found this along with regular exercise the best thing for me. The wedding is also the best motivation for me.

Good Luck I'm sure you'll smash it!

Jess

x

• April21Bride
    Rockstar July 2021 West London
    April21Bride ·
    • Hide content
    Hi lovely, don’t be disheartened. As the other brides mentioned- you’ve got plenty of time to lose the weight.

For me I’ve found calories restriction (I do fast 800 light ie I still drink but less than normal and eating between 800-1000 calories most days) mixed with TRE (time restricted eating. I eat only between 12:30pm-7:30pm) and I workout (at home weights, Pilates and cardio).
    Doing the above has had me loose >1 stone but also inches off my waist, hips and bust. All whilst retaining my sanity and enjoying food and drink with my fiancé.
    Good luck x
  • T
    Curious November 2022 Northamptonshire
    Tesni ·
    • Hide content
    Hiya, I remember doing slimfast and it made me feel crap because you restrict your eating so much that you either over-eat or don't have the energy to do workouts, feel bloated and you crave sugar so much. My advice would be to not be so hard on yourself as weird as that sounds...you've got plenty of time so don't restrict yourself too much, enjoy food but learn to recognise when you feel full, move more often which doesn't necessarily mean the gym....even if it's just a walk! And the one point I'm trying to do which is to snack less and remember; patience is a virtue! The most important thing of all to remember is that your partner loves you for you Smiley smile x
  • S
    Beginner June 2022 West Yorkshire
    Sophie ·
    • Hide content

You have so much time to lose any weight that you want to but don't be too hard on yourself. Less than a pound a week is more than do-able but make sure that any changes you make are sustainable, otherwise they won't stick in the long run.

Between September 2020 and June this year, I managed to lose nearly 7 stone on Noom (I had plenty to lose)! Their plans are very reasonably priced and I've kept the sustainable changes I made to my lifestyle since my plan with them finished in April.

Their main premise is calories vs. food weight (100g grilled chicken has way fewer calories than 100g chips but it fills the same space in your stomach), but along the way you learn how to change your relationship with food. Think about visualising how you want to look on your big day when you're feeling stressed, consider what rewards you could give yourself when you're stressed/happy that aren't linked to food (a little at home spa moment worked wonders for me), concentrate on what your body is telling you (eat slowly and listen to your stomach as you eat), look after your sleep and your wellbeing too.

Another great thing is to find someone supportive in your life that you can share your worries and wins with and make sure they're with you all the way. FH of mine always said that he would love me however I look but he came around to appreciate that this was something I needed to do for myself, rather than anyone else.

Other great advice they gave me was that exercise can only go so far and diet is the most important tool to losing weight whereas exercise is better for fitness. You mentioned that you've been working out and putting on weight but maybe some of this could be muscle? If what you're doing now isn't working for you- switch it up! Exercise doesn't have to be going to the gym. It could be taking a long walk with a podcast/music/audio book or it could be cranking up some loud music and dancing around your kitchen while you cook dinner. Think of all day movement rather than just time carved out for exercise as if you work it into your everyday life, it's a much more sustainable change.

The other thing that really helped for me was meal planning, specifically evening meals for me and FH. I used meal delivery services (Gousto is the fave in our household but we've also used Hello Fresh in the past). You can choose meals based on the calorie content and then you're not having to worry about portion sizes and counting your calories and you already have a reliable guide as to what you're eating.

Most importantly, find your motivation, visualise yourself in that situation and come back to it when you're feeling like you're not making progress. These things take time and you have plenty!

The best of luck with your weight loss journey and congratulations on your upcoming wedding!!!

• O
    East London
    Odessa ·
    • Hide content

I like to weight loss with a dieting. One of that diet is water diet with which u can really become skinny.Just drink water with lemon all day and have a couple of hours to eat some food

• V
    Curious April 2019 New York
    Viki ·
    • Hide content

The diet itself never helped me achieve results. If combined with proper nutrition. healthy sleep and sports, everything will work out for you. I also drank supplements and vitamins from Canadian Pharmacy and a lot of water. All this together helped me to see a good result in two weeks. I wish you all good luck in losing weight!

• S
    Ontario
    Sky ·
    • Hide content

Congratulations on your upcoming wedding! It's understandable that you want to feel your best on your special day. Weight loss can be a challenging journey, and many people have experienced struggles along the way. It's important to remember that each person's body is unique, and what works for one may not work for another.

If you've been trying to lose weight for a while without success, it may be helpful to reassess your approach. Instead of focusing solely on the number on the scale, consider incorporating healthy lifestyle changes that promote overall well-being. This includes a balanced diet, regular exercise, and managing stress levels.

Rather than relying solely on slim fast or other quick-fix methods, try incorporating whole, nutrient-dense foods into your diet. Focus on portion control and aim for a well-rounded mix of proteins, carbohydrates, and healthy fats. Consulting with a registered dietitian or nutritionist can provide personalized guidance tailored to your needs and goals.

In terms of exercise, it's important to find activities that you enjoy and that suit your fitness level. Mix cardio exercises, such as walking, jogging, or swimming, with strength training to build muscle and boost your metabolism. Gradually increase the intensity and duration of your workouts to challenge yourself while still listening to your body's limits

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics