Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Bittersweet
Beginner June 2012

Sleepwalking...

Bittersweet, 10 of March of 2012 at 17:04 Posted on Off Topic Posts 0 28

Ok, so I have been on Hitched a while but my posts are very few and far between here on OT. So I thought I would introduce myself again and tell you something that my OH thought was hilarious last night!

It has been known that I sleepwalk/talk, however over the years the sleepwalking has calmed down a bit and I just talk crap in my sleep instead!

I used to walk out of the house in my jim jams, walk out of our apartments and near the pool on holiday, you name it, I've probably done it..asleep!?

Well I woke up this morning to my OH in fits of laughter, he told me that in the middle of the night I had taken off my knickers.. threw them on the floor, got up out of bed, walked out of the bedroom, came back in and put them on then got into bed and pulled the duvet back over myself! WTF?! ?

So in light of my story, am I alone in doing random things in my sleep?! Tell me your funny stories!

?

28 replies

Latest activity by Bittersweet, 11 of March of 2012 at 13:15
  • Blonde Viki
    Beginner July 2012
    Blonde Viki ·
    • Hide content

? It does make you wonder what you must have been thinking when you fell asleep!! At least you dressed yourself again Smiley winking

My OH sleepwalks and talks on occasion. Mostly it's not very funny as he tends to go over to the light, turn it on, which wakes me up, then just stands there. There have been a couple of funny incidents though. One time the light went on in the middle of the night and there he was at the chest of drawers taking everything out and messing with it all. Grumpy at being woken up, I asked what he was doing and he just said 'the laundry'. He eventually got back into bed (I had to go turn the light out!) and he swears blind this never happened.

• kathryn2010
    Beginner September 2015
    kathryn2010 ·
    • Hide content

i dont know but my oh said i grabbed his willy the other night while i was a sleep. he got the shock of his life ha ha

• venart
    Beginner June 2013
    venart ·
    • Hide content

Priceless!

I'm not a sleepwalker, but I do talk. Apparently OH knew it was time to start ring shopping when I said, "I want the platinum one" in my sleep ?

• HatTrick
    Beginner September 2010
    HatTrick ·
    • Hide content

My lovely husband has a tendency to hump me whilst he is asleep ?

• Vanilla Pod
    Beginner September 2011
    Vanilla Pod ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Mine does this, only when he's had a few. He also sings in his sleep. Really loudly, and bangs the side of the bed in time to the song.

• HatTrick
    Beginner September 2010
    HatTrick ·
    • Hide content

Nothing better than being woken up by a good old dry hump...

He's also pretty good at talking, I once had a full on conversation with him about Beyonce in McDonalds.

• Vanilla Pod
    Beginner September 2011
    Vanilla Pod ·
    • Hide content

HA ha, classic. H has a tendency to shout in his sleep when he has been to a liverpool match and then to the pub after, like an away game or something when a long session is involved. He shouts quite unsavoury things aimed at the other team. Well, his family are quite posh, so when he lived at home his mum had business people staying over as guests and H had been on an all dayer to London... His room was in the attic and he started effing and jeffing really loudly in his sleep at about 3am. The poshys were not impressed! His Dad went up to try and shut him him and also got a mouthful... Funny thing is he is such a placid softy normally. His very stuffy mother was mortified!! Ha ha, I love that story.

• HatTrick
    Beginner September 2010
    HatTrick ·
    • Hide content

Hahaha funny story!

• Hunry
    Beginner May 2012
    Hunry ·
    • Hide content

I am really bad at sleep talking, walking and seeing things in my sleep.

If I am stressed, I will wake up in the night convinced there are people in the room and will go and investigate...even if the OH says no-one is there.

Best story, I made my OH a cup of tea in the middle of the night and was so angry at him for telling me to make it (he didn't obviously). I went back to bed whilst he drank the tea, and was still annoyed in the morning!

• BlueBow
    Beginner December 2013
    BlueBow ·
    • Hide content

I am quite bad at sleep talking- usually whenever I'm in a different bed which is embarrassing when I first started staying over at OH's. The worst was last year when I'd been sleep talking and the next morning I woke up to find my OH had bought me a pregnancy test. Turns out I'd had a full conversation with him in the night saying I thought I was pregnant- I wasn't!!

My brother once sleepwalked into my bedroom and weed out of my window... He's a pretty bad sleep walker.

• HatTrick
    Beginner September 2010
    HatTrick ·
    • Hide content

Hahaha EF you do make me laugh! ?

• HatTrick
    Beginner September 2010
    HatTrick ·
    • Hide content

According to my mum my dad had a tendency to get up in the middle of the night and attempt to pee in the wardrobe after a particularly heavy night. One time, he tried to wee on mee whilst I was in my cot! Luckily my mum is a light sleeper ?

• BlueBow
    Beginner December 2013
    BlueBow ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Haha actually laughing out loud- poor bern!! I've got a fear this is my brother in a few years to come... He's more a sleepweear rather than sleep walker!

• HatTrick
    Beginner September 2010
    HatTrick ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

? I am grateful that my H rarely drinks!

• Vanilla Pod
    Beginner September 2011
    Vanilla Pod ·
    • Hide content

Good job your Mum caught him!! Imagine how guilty he would have felt!

You often hear about men weeing in wardrobes and things in their sleep. My friend did it though, she was at a wedding at her very rich boyfriends parents house, she is a lightweight and had not heeded warnings to take it easy. She went to bed and got up in the night pulled her knickers down and sat on his desk and peed. ? Bit of explaining to lord and lady poshingberrytonfilch in the moaning!

• HatTrick
    Beginner September 2010
    HatTrick ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

?

Dirrrty mare!

• BlueBow
    Beginner December 2013
    BlueBow ·
    • Hide content

Thing is, it's not just from drink- he's been doing it since he was little. When he was about 4 he went downstairs and weed in the bin in the kitchen whilst our parents were had friends round!

• Pinky6
    Beginner June 2012
    Pinky6 ·
    • Hide content

My OH often talks in his sleep, it's soo bloo dy funny.

The first night I stopped at his he jumped out of bed saying there was fish in the wall and spiders in the bed. After a quick check over the bed to make sure it was spiderless he went back to sleep! ha.

Most recently I had just got into bed and he went, 'Where is it then? Come on then tell me where it is!!....Oh for f**k sake I will get it myself you b**tard' ? It's not often her swears and I just wet myself laughing so much it woke him up.

• Bittersweet
    Beginner June 2012
    Bittersweet ·
    • Hide content

Hahaha! I am so glad that I am not the only one! I love these stories!

Ok, so another one that you will laugh at- Apparently, after we went out for a night out (not to the races!) I sat bolt upright in bed, held my hands out infront of me like I was holding the reins of a horse and started bouncing up and down on the bed saying 'giddy-up tonto'. I have no idea what was going through my head to even be thinking about horses!

My own sleep antics worry me slightly. OH loves it though and telling everybody about what i do in my comatosed(sp) state! ?

My mum really used to worry about it when I was a child. I have always had an overactive imagination and I just presume that my mind goes into overdrive just before going to sleep. I seem to be doing it more recently as the wedding is approaching and I have things on my mind!

• Pinky6
    Beginner June 2012
    Pinky6 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Wahahahahaha ? Amazing!!

• HatTrick
    Beginner September 2010
    HatTrick ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

?

• sapphire_22
    Beginner September 2011
    sapphire_22 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

My H does this too! Glad I'm not the only one getting sleep-humped ?. Does your H get undressed first HT or does he go for it with his clothes on?

Apparantly H's ex actually went ahead and had sex with him when he did this to her.

He'll also sometimes wake me up and yell stuff at me in Hungarian.He also tried to climb out the window when we were staying at his parents' house. Oh and one time I woke up to see him clinging onto the mantlepiece because he thought if he let go then it would fall off the wall.

• freckles87
    Beginner May 2013
    freckles87 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

My OH did this with a mates TV. We were both sleeping downstairs, him on the sofa and me on the floor (true gent ?) and I woke up to see him grabbing hold of the TV, he said he thought it was falling. He's an odd one.

He also talks in his sleep a lot, mostly about work but he shouts at me sometimes, or asks me weird questions. I'm mean and try to keep the conversation going for as long as possible, for my amusement!

• HatTrick
    Beginner September 2010
    HatTrick ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Either, he's not fussy! ? Although he is more prone to doing it if he sleeps without any pants on...

I do hope he doesn't lurk on here!

• Bittersweet
    Beginner June 2012
    Bittersweet ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Don't think I've ever jumped my OH. Although he probably wouldn't tell me if I did and would enjoy it!! I've seen lots of programmes where people commit murder in their sleep, that's scary!!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics