Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

E
Beginner July 2023 South West London

Simple dress

Elizabeth, 24 of September of 2020 at 15:41 Posted on Planning 0 5
Hello,

I’m looking for a simple dress.I don’t wear dresses and have very little to no fashion sense so something basic would be ideal. An actual wedding dress would look over the top on me as I’m not feminine or attractive.
Does anyone know of retailers other than the usual high street stores like H&M who sell basic white/white ish dresses?I’m thinking £30 to £50 is plenty.
Thank you

5 replies

Latest activity by Elizabeth, 3 of October of 2020 at 15:30
  • R
    Dedicated September 2021 Essex
    Ruth ·
    • Hide content
    Hi!

If you look online on places like BrandAlley or Outnet there's huge discounts at the moment. I know for sure that BrandAlley has a 24 hour sale on today and I've seen some great deals personallyAnd also, it's valid to feel how you feel but you have someone who loves and adores you, so you're clearly attractive to them. Please try not to put yourself down, beauty is subjective and your OH is the only one who counts in regards to that!
    Good luck!
  • E
    Elizabeth ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you Ruth,
    I will take a look and bookmark those sites.
    I accept I don’t look female and wasn’t blessed with features, I just don’t want to go over the top and try to hard. So I hope a basic dress will keep it sensible.
  • Sarah
    Dedicated September 2020 West Sussex
    Sarah ·
    • Hide content
    I got my bridesmaids dresses from Shein.co.uk they were amazing quality and worked out at £35 each including delivery, so I would highly recommend as they seem to have so many different styles.

I truly hope that you are able to find something that makes you feel special on your day, something that you and your other half will appreciate and think suits you and your personality. I would say it can be absolutely anything that makes you feel this way it doesn’t have to be a white dress if you won’t feel comfortable in that. The very best of luck
  • R
    VIP July 2020 Monmouthshire
    RomanticGreenStationery27135 ·
    • Hide content

If you don't feel comfortable in white (or in any kind of dress) there is no law that says you have to wear it. What kind of clothes do you normally wear? Could you look at an 'upgrade' to your normal look?

But I am really saddened to read your comments about your appearance - your OH obviously thinks you are wonderful. Try to view yourself in the way that others do - and if anyone around you is telling you that you're not attractive - you need to find a new friendship circle.

If you don't feel comfortable in a dress, then don't wear one - but don't let the idea that you're not 'attractive enough' to wear one put you off. There is no one who is 'too unattractive' to look great on their wedding day x

• E
    Elizabeth ·
    • Hide content
    Thank you for your help everyone.
    I’ve decided to go for a simple plain dress from H&M.
    It’s not OTT and won’t look like a pig in a dress with makeup on ?I’ve found a local shop that has some beautiful dresses for proms and bridesmaids. Hopefully they can try some on once Covid allows

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics