Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Rox1991
Beginner May 2021 Shropshire

Send invites out to everyone?

Rox1991, 9 of October of 2020 at 17:08 Posted on Planning 0 5
We’re getting married May 2021 so not sure if we send invites to all our guests (about 60) or to just a small amount as not sure what the rules will be by then? All very uncertain. We have tried to move our date, but doesn’t seem like we can for 2022 due to all the dates we want already being booked up!

5 replies

Latest activity by Rox1991, 26 of October of 2020 at 18:41
  • E
    Curious October 2021 West London
    Emily ·
    • Hide content
    I'm getting married September 2021 so not at the invite sending stage yet, but we are starting to send out Save the Dates.

We are sending them out to everyone on our guest list. If we need to postpone/reduce due to Covid, people will understand. It is completely unforeseeable and I think most people will (hopefully!) be sensitive to the situation.
    The only thing I was a little wary of was asking bridal/groom party as this incurs costs and if we needed to reduce to family only I wouldn't want anyone to be out of pocket.
    With invites, you don't want to risk someone thinking they aren't invited, and then the rules change so you do ask them but they aren't free on that date anymore.
    Best of luck with it all!
  • C
    Curious September 2021 Nottinghamshire
    Caroline ·
    • Hide content

I'm September 21, I sent out my save the dates out to my day guests only. I have made a list for a 30 person wedding, just in case, but people are accepting that we may have to make tough choices. Even when I sent out the save the dates my auntie said up front if we had to cut numbers she wouldn't be offended - as she is making the cake think her place is pretty secure. Its worth making the ranked guests lists, especially if people need to book accommodation and it may feel like a less emotional task now than closer to the time. I'm starting to warm to the idea of having multiple informal partys and getting to wear my dress multiple times if everyone can't be invited to the day.

• HotDiggityDamn83
    Savvy August 2021 Cardiff
    HotDiggityDamn83 ·
    • Hide content
    I'm wondering the same! We're end of March 2021 and although we've told our guests the date I don't want to send out invites if they restrict numbers. Difficult to know what to do!
  • April21Bride
    Rockstar July 2021 West London
    April21Bride ·
    • Hide content
    I was just about to ask this question so thanks @rox1991.
    We are getting married on 24th April and I don’t know what to do re save the dates and invites. Currently we have a ranked list

@15 attendees: immediate family plus bridal party and groomsmen
    @30 attendees: see above plus some wider family (ie those we really like/are close to) and close friends (no partners)
    @40+ attendees all above plus children in our families plus uni friends partners (we’ve ranked everyone)
    No restrictions: 60 guests for ceremony and reception (max held by venue) plus c20 evening only guests.
    We’ve currently only told the top15 the dates. As if wedding planning wasn’t stressful enough.

• Rox1991
    Beginner May 2021 Shropshire
    Rox1991 ·
    • Hide content
    Thanks all. Good to hear what other people are doing and that we’re not all alone in this situation!

We’ve sent save the dates out to everyone already so I think when we do come to sending out our invites, we will send out to the day guests as planned, but just have a note on there that things might change due to COVID and that if they book anything to make sure it’s fully refundable! We are doing a website so will keep people up to date through there. I’m hoping by January things will hopefully be a bit clearer and we can assess things then.
    All very stressful but trying to keep optimistic!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics