Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Arquard
Beginner May 2011

Seating plans and the bride - which surname??

Arquard, 24 of April of 2011 at 20:36 Posted on Planning 0 5

I've written our seating plan today and put my married surname down seeing as that will be my name by the time the seating plan is in use. However, I'm now worried that I should have put my maiden name (especially seeing as we've uploaded said seating plan to our website!).

What is the norm? Is there a particular convention??

5 replies

Latest activity by prettywild, 25 of April of 2011 at 07:59
  • GemmaLouise1986
    Beginner
    GemmaLouise1986 ·
    • Hide content

The lady doing mine said she usually puts the bride's married name as it's the first time you will be using it after the ceremony.

I should be getting mine through in the next week so will be very odd to see!

• sarahb3426
    Beginner June 2012
    sarahb3426 ·
    • Hide content

For our seating plan, we are just going to have "Bride" and "Groom" so wont have surnames to worry about...

Although thinking about it, we do wonder do you put the persons full name on the seating plan and then just the first name on place cards?!?!?!

• snail_87
    Beginner May 2011
    snail_87 ·
    • Hide content

We have put 'Bride' and 'Groom' on the table plan, but I have put 'Mrs M' on my place card for where i am sitting.

• overtherainbow
    overtherainbow ·
    • Hide content

Our daughter had Alex and Andrew on the seating plan but "Bride and Groom" on the place names.

• prettywild
    prettywild ·
    • Hide content

If you wish to use your full names on a seating plan, the surname should be your new married name as you will be married by the time of the reception (unless you are keeping your maiden name). A lot of couples choose to use first names only or 'Bride & Groom' though. For guests in general, it's quite useful to have their surnames on the seating plan in case of any duplicate first names, but you can always then just have their first name on the place card - it depends on how formal you wish to be really.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics