Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Chuckley122
Beginner September 2016

Santorini brides 2016 *******

Chuckley122, 19 of July of 2014 at 09:57 Posted on Honeymoons & Getting Married Abroad 0 24

Hello there,

I thought I would start a thread for any brides that are getting married in santorini in 2016, I haven't booked anything yet but looking for around September 2016, I think we're going for Dana Villas and then maybe pyrgos for the reception, for anyone that is thinking/getting married in this beautiful island where and when and what are you doing?

24 replies

Latest activity by samwillow, 28 of September of 2016 at 05:19
  • Mybigfatgreekwedding2016
    Beginner August 2016
    Mybigfatgreekwedding2016 ·
    • Hide content

Hi,

We got engaged in Santorini in July this year and are going to be marrying there hopefully in August 2016 as I have a few guests who are school teachers so it's for to be in the school holidays-I would have proffered September!

We are looking at Cavo Ventus for the ceremony and Theros wave bar for the reception , have you managed to confirmed any dates yet? I was concerned that I would need to start doing this asap as it being such a small island but have been told by all the wedding planners I have so far contacted that they will begin taking bookings for 2016 from November so have nothing booked yet.

Look forward to seeing other posts on the thread!

• C
    Beginner July 2012
    christa80 ·
    • Hide content

We got married in July 2012.My cousin booked with the same planner as I did(Gold-Weddings) for May 2016.She already booked the hotel for the ceremony in imerovigli because it is a small island and she wanted to be sure.About the restaurant she is not sure yet!Good luck to you all!

• V
    Beginner August 2017
    Vikkie ·
    • Hide content

Hello!

Even though I am not getting married in 2016, I am hoping for Santorini in August 2017. I'm in the same situation as you as I haven't booked anything yet but I do really like the location of Dana Villas but am unsure to whether have the reception in the same place. When we initially contacted Dana Villas they provided us with a list of wedding planners they could recommend and we have narrowed the list down to one (after contacting them all), however I have not spoken to them to confirm their services as we are unsure on the exact day we would like to get married.

i am concerned about booking a date and then having to arrange flights and accommodation at a later date. Though I am hoping to select a date soon so maybe this is something I could discuss with the wedding planner.

X

• C
    Beginner July 2012
    christa80 ·
    • Hide content

Hi!

Which planner you chose?We went for Gold-Weddings Santorini!They were really great and didn't pressed us to book anything immediately.Maybe you should ask them to give you their opinion.I would feel really unsafe if I had booked the ceremony and no flights,accomodation etc?If something happens and you have to cancel?What will you do?About the dinner what do you think?

• V
    Beginner August 2017
    Vikkie ·
    • Hide content

I am hoping to use Santorini Glam Weddings who have been really great with my initial questions. Have you already booked your flights, accommodation and ceremony with Gold Weddings? I think we are swaying more to stay at Dana Villas in the evening as well as for the ceremony but I have contacted Theros Wave Bar and am currently waiting for a reply. What about yourself? x

• C
    Beginner July 2012
    christa80 ·
    • Hide content

I got married in 2012 in Santorini.My cousin is getting married May 2016,she booked for the ceremony and hotels to stay at,she is thinking about a restaurant for the reception maybe Pyrgos,Mario,or Ampelos in Fira on the caldera cliffs.She also arranged the transfers,car rentals,tours with the planner as they co-operate with a tourist office and car-rentals company.She just got the flights to book.

• L
    Beginner September 2015
    LuxuriousGoldHair131 ·
    • Hide content

Hi

We have tried Dana Villas but the venue was booked a year ago for the date we have requested. We are getting this year in September in Santorini and we are going to have our ceremony and reception in one location. Our wedding planner Olympia from Marryme in Greece made several suggestions and finally we picked up our location. She is an amazing lady and she tried very hard with Dana villas to get a space. The venue we have now is equally nice and we will have stunning pictures as well.

In case you need more information let me know

I am wishing you all the best

• T
    Beginner July 2016
    taomemorais@yahoo.co.uk ·
    • Hide content

Hello!
    I have just booked Le Ciel for July 2016.
    I'm probably going to use Anna from pixel tours as my planner.
    Only thing I am worried about is the cost of flights and accommodation for guests, anyone have any tips on how to keep this at an absolute minimum? Xx

• H
    Beginner June 2016
    helen444 ·
    • Hide content

We are getting married in June at Theros Wave Bar where we are having both ceremony & reception .We bookesd through Gold-Weddings and are almost done with our bookings. Thanks to Easy-jet we got really good quotes on flights.Check them out before prices rise more!

• N
    Beginner July 2016
    Nicola-july2016 ·
    • Hide content

Hi

im looking at getting married in santorini next July/ August - just looking at wedding planners and venues. I like the look of santo winery

nicola x

• V
    Beginner August 2017
    Vikkie ·
    • Hide content

Hello!

We have paid the deposit for our wedding planner, worked out the date we would like to get married and decided upon the venue. However I am unsure whether to get married in the morning or afternoon (We decided on getting married at Dana Villas in August). Would anyone please mind sharing their schedule for the day or the time in which they are getting married? I have been playing around with different ideas but I am not sure on what to do and it is starting to hold us back from paying the deposit to the venue?

Thank you

x

• O
    Beginner July 2016
    OdetteB ·
    • Hide content

Getting married in Santorini too next June,booked with Gold-Weddings Santorini.Decided on Danas late afternoon to enjoy the fireworks after the ceremony!That way I won't be in a rush to get ready!

Good luck to all of you!

• V
    Beginner August 2017
    Vikkie ·
    • Hide content

OdetteB - Do you mind me asking what time you booked your ceremony for? This is something I am unable to decide upon but I really like your idea with having it later in the day and the fireworks x

• R
    Beginner June 2016
    RomanticOrangeDiamonds12 ·
    • Hide content

Hello

We are booked for June 2016, having both the ceremony and reception at Cavo Ventus. Still waiting to book flights and accommodation - does anyone have any recommendations for the Kamari area? Also - hair and make up is REALLY expensive....what is everyone doing?

• S
    Beginner May 2017
    Sarah_Helen ·
    • Hide content

Hi,

main currently in the early stages of planning our Wedding in Santorini. I have emailed a few wedding planners and the venue I'm interested in but it's taking a while to hear back. I love the look of Le Ciel and would be interested in having our Cermony and reception there. Does anyone know about the packages they offer and the cost please? I have found a few things but nowhere that mentions prices.

Any help or information would be greatly appreciated Smiley smile

Congratulations to all future Brides! Smiley smile

Sarah x

• M
    Beginner May 2017
    Molly1 ·
    • Hide content

Hi Vickie,

I am hoping you can give me some advice/help I am also hoping to get married in Santorini in 2017, nothing booked not even got a specific date. I have been looking online for ideas and feel totally confused by the amount of information.

I have family members who work in schools so unfortunately am restricted to school holidays I was initially thinking May just incase guests wanted to book a family summer holiday July/August.

I do like the look of Dana Villas , Theros wine Bar and Le Ciel but apart from that have not got a clue.

I was hoping to be able to book everything within a rough budget of around £7000 do you think this is achievable???

thanks xx

• L
    Beginner September 2015
    LuxuriousGoldHair131 ·
    • Hide content

Hi

I was feeling he same way and I was a little lost when I decided to have my wedding in Santorini. My wedding planner took me step by step and according to my budget I decided for the venue. SANTORINI is for all pockets. There are some nice beach bars where you could have the wedding reception and not to rip you of. Of course all the caldera venues are expensive and they have a fee in order to book the date and the time. I loved Dana Villas initially but you need to book in advance now for the 2017. I think this is too much for me. Also to go down 170 steps for my old grand mother is impossible. My wedding planner Olympia from Marryme in Greece helped me to find the right venue for the ceremony and the reception.

Good luck with your search

• J
    Beginner July 2016
    Jacquilm ·
    • Hide content

Hi ladies! My name is Jacqui and I'd like to say hello as il probably be posting on here... A lot over the next 9 months! We're getting married at st irina chapel at sunset on the 15th July 2016. We just booked it last month and I am so excited as I love santorini. We have rented a villa and the wedding party is just 9 of us with 5 of that being kids!( not all ours!! Lol) we have told no one apart from the best man and his wife so our families and the kids will all get a lovely surprise!! We have booked through marriedinsantorini and Anna and nikos have been lovely and helpful so far! I feel a bit too relaxed though. What should we be organising just now as we live in Scotland so can't organise the paperwork until 3 months prior to our wedding. I have picked my dress and am ordering it once xmas is over. The kilts etc can't be organised til nearer the time ( yes I'm evil making them wear kilts in July in Greece). We will just be having a group meal after the wedding. All in all I feel this is the least expensive way of getting married as we've used air miles for the flights and the kids are getting a weeks holiday too!! Am I being too complacent?? Lol. I hope to get to know you ladies as we plan our events in santorini next year!! Jacqui x

Beginner August 2016
    • Hide content

Hi Jacqui,

I feel exactly the same! We get married on the 19th August 2016 at Le Ciel and feel that everything seems to be too easy at the minute! We booked Le Ciel through our wedding planner-Maria @ Tie the knot in santorini last year when it was still being built and then its opening was delayed this year so was a bit worried.

But I visited Santorini in October and visited the venue & finally met Maria (we had only skyped!), we had a menu tasting whilst there and looked at florists and hairdressers too.

There are 25 guests booked up so far and we are all staying at the El Greco hotel so also visited here to check it out and its location.

Maria has sent me some details of photographers she recommends so thats the next decision to make but otherwise things are going really smoothly.

However the hunt for "The" dress isn't going so smoothly! Think kilts always look fantastic so it will be worth your male guests the suffering in the heat! lol

Carly x

Beginner August 2016
    • Hide content

Hi Sarah,

I have the drinks packages and menu prices for this year at Le Ciel if you still need them?

Carly x

• J
    Beginner July 2016
    Jacquilm ·
    • Hide content

That sounds great Carly!! The package we have selected includes hair dresser and makeup and I really hope that they are ok because we can't go over before the wedding due to Andrews work rotation! I'm going to book a meal for us all for the evening of the wedding... Any recommendations? We are staying 2km from kamari in a villa. I'm still pretty chilled out, trying to lose weight for my dress but I'm addicted to chocolate! ?

• L
    Beginner September 2017
    Lindsey8 ·
    • Hide content

Hello. I am in the very early stages of planning a wedding. I love the idea of Santorini but j am nervous about planning a wedding abroad I case things go wrong. I was wondering what wedding planners people have been using? I have looked at a couple but it's hard to know which ones can be trusted etc. Also where are people having there ceremony? We want somewhere private that has great views. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

• Diane - Santorini 2016
    Beginner September 2016
    Diane - Santorini 2016 ·
    • Hide content

Hi Lindsey8,

We are getting married at Dana Villas, Firostefani in sept 2016. We have just 20 guests, so it is a good size and the views are stunning. Our wedding planner is Eirini from ******@**********.**. We met up with her last year when we stopped at her family's hotel of the same name in Kamari. check it out on tripadvisor. (chez sophie). Eirini has been brilliant, always emailing and she has done everything for us. also if we find thing a bit expensive ,she has always come up with an alternative. We have visited Santorini twice and it's the most beautiful place. I could'nt think of getting married anywhere else. If you need any more advice i'd be happy to help. We have found it easier then i think it would be planning one over here!

Happy planning,

Diane

• S
    Beginner July 2018
    SunnyPinkHair628 ·
    • Hide content

Hi ladies,

So we have decided to get married in Santorini July 2018. We have been looking at le ciel and love it. I think we will have between 40 and 60 guests. Planning both ceremony and reception in le ciel if possible. Still need to book a wedding planner as we are both Irish but living in abu dhabi. Anyone know any good planners or accommodation for guests in the area? Xxx

• S
    Beginner April 2016
    samwillow ·
    • Hide content

Wow, amazing, thats my dream, but it's too expensive if i must pay all the ticket for my family

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics